Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 24, 2009

A compilation of the DS remakes of Ys I & II bundled together on one cartridge.

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II To Be Sold Separately In Europe

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

DHM Interactive has finally announced the arrival in Europe (and Austrailia) of Legendary of Ys: Book I & II.

There was a problem with size however (due to localization), unlike the U.S version, as a result the remakes of the first two episodes will be sold separately. Ys Book I come home in October, while the second album will land in early 2010.

Gamers in Europe will expect that to be reflected in the price, of course we may well expect that in vain and see another instance of us getting ripped off. I don't think I have ever seen a DS game launch at half price off a average RRP yet.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Torrim

I understand that games for the DS are in multiple languages, but isn't this as different as adding a few thousand lines of text?  While that's a lot of text, how does it expand a cartridge more than just a few megabytes?  My guess is that it's a combination of them wanting more money and / or time to localize.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Europeans getting bent over the hood of their cars and raped again.

I wonder how their assholes feel at this point.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Pazy

Sounds like a potential profit based decision to me. Legacy of Ys: Book 1&2 on DS clock in at around 64-128mb (cant remember off hand) but games that Cooking Guide game is 256mb like go up to. There is no way the extra lines of dialouge in diffrent languages cant take up to 128mb (though more like 182mb probably) so its definately possibility that it could have been done on one cart but its probably more profitable to do it on seperate carts to make more money.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Torrim said:
    " I understand that games for the DS are in multiple languages, but isn't this as different as adding a few thousand lines of text?  While that's a lot of text, how does it expand a cartridge more than just a few megabytes?  My guess is that it's a combination of them wanting more money and / or time to localize. "

Yea, I think your right, it's a combination of both. Like I say though, no price has been mentioned so far, but if it does goes above half of what we would pay for a new releases, then I will be inclined to think it's nothing more than a cheap ploy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.