Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

Has GB East said anything about their thoughts or feelings yet

Xinlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xinlum

So I really [i]really[/i] liked this game. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure why I like it as much as I do. As far as I can figure, just the fact that a lot of the themes and issues are things that I have experienced in my life growing up so they really resonated with me here. Also, due to the unique play-style of the game, you become very intimate with the thought processes of Max and her thoughts on Chloe, Kate, ect. which really help to put the player in her shoes. So I'm curious, I usually don't have time to listen to both podcasts, but have Vinnie or anyone else from East posted anything about what they thought of the game overall? Their last video pretty much cut at the ending and they didn't even watch the save chloe ending.

Also, does anyone else think that making certain choices dramatically changes the atmosphere in the game? For example, in my playthrough Kate jumped. This totally put the rest of the game on a dark path and is part of the reason I love it so much. Also in my playthrough, I failed to hide so I never saw David slap Chloe, so I was way more sympathetic to him at the end of the game. Last, Chloe had the gun which meant I saw the scene where she shoots Frank. Even though you rewind anyway, I still feel that seeing that scene really helps tie into the overarching theme, and I was dissapointed that GBEast missed both that and Kate jumping.

I'm super curious if any of them would have put it higher on their top 10 lists if they had finished it in December.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xinlum: I don't think you will get an official 'debriefing' on Life is Strange. They mentioned at the end that they thought Episode 2 and 4 were very strong and that the ending + music scene was very powerful.

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Email the beastcast, maybe they'll answer the question

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zeik

I think if Kate had done the thing they would have stopped playing right there. I'm not sure they were quite invested enough at that point to deal with something that tragic so soon. Besides, the game has enough depressing moments. Personally I think you need those moments of uplifiting levity to make the whole thing work.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cav829

If you checked Alex's Twitter following the game, he talked about his feelings on the game and answered a couple of questions. Austin had on Tweet on it stating he preferred the ending they picked to the other ending after seeing the other on Youtube. All three of them mentioned on stream they liked the ending.

Someone did ask Alex if they would have fought harder for it at GotY, and he said he wasn't sure as he was pretty happy after leaving deliberations with the list they got. Plus it was already 4th on his list and 3rd on Vinny's list, so it's not like it could have gotten much higher for their personal lists. Austin said he couldn't rank it as he wasn't the one playing it, so he didn't think he was in the proper spot to offer that level of evaluation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.