Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Yeah... so this game definitely has music.

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TomTheRealist

It's a petty gripe, I know, but this game definitely features music. 

EDIT: Actually, no! This isn't a petty gripe! 

I've heard reviewers (Brad include) say time and time again that this game has no music or 'hardly any' sound design. 
    It definitely has music. Those slightly non-diegetic droning tones? Take the main menu. There's definitely music. 
    And the sound design is fantastic in this game. There is more than just 'very little' going on here. The physics based sound design and all the subtleties in the environment, I think, deserve a bit more attention and praise. 
    For all the visual nuance here, there's at least a matching level effort and thought put into the audible presentation of this game. 

Maybe those who don't agree should play with headphones with the volume way up. 

Thoughts?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Interesting to hear, I thought it was very odd when I started hearing that the game had no soundtrack at all.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By davidwitten22

cool story bro

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MancombSeepgood

Oh yeah, I'd say for sure there's a soundtrack to speak of, just not something you could, y'know, listen to without the game., Without the game atmosphere, I dunno if I'd call most of it music, but it matches the visual style nicely.

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By LeBart

I don't know, this wouldn't even qualify as ambient music to me. It's juste atmospheric sound design. 
    And that's great.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By infininja
    @LeBart: I disagree. The game is full of ambient music, and the ending sequence, while not your typical 4/4 beat, is music; it's definitely not sound effects or atmosphere (depsite its gameplay use).
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver

This game is just perfect, just beat it an hour ago, and I know it will be sticking with my psyche for a while...

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Tsukiyomi

The ambient sounds that play throughout the game took me right back to Silent Hill 2. Surprisingly fitting.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WalkerTR77

I just went and played some of it while listening to the machinarium soundtrack. They mesh pretty well, worth trying.

nickernzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By nickernzen

Yeah, parts of it remind me of Disintegration Loops by William Basinski. I really love the parts where the sound effects go silent and you just hear the ambient drone, like when you pull the lever and the room starts rotating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.