Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

Lords of the Fallen Discussion (Spoilers in the later posts)

• 153 results
    Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Fredchuckdave

This got patched recently on consoles, making the "permanently at 2.0 experience boost" bug go away, now when you tap a boncrystal it actually resets the experience boost! Also the shield slam on heavy shields appears to actually work now, you knock the opponent on their ass and then recover quickly enough to actually hit them while they're down. Still not as cool as good ol' running shield bashing but somewhat useful. Might be interesting to go through the game with ~40% less experience than pre-fix.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

So I just beat the final boss in this game with 1 hit. Not sure how to feel about that. At first I thought it was a bug, but nope! First playthrough too.

Build/how the fight went:

So I finished the game at level 70, having started as a warrior with the deception tree of magic. My general idea was that Mimic sounded really cool, and it was the only magic tree which gave you a simple ranged attack. This was before I found Shift.

Fast-forward to the end of the game, I had 40 strength and barely anything invested in anything else, luck runes on the Lord's set of armor to give me a normal roll speed with the best heavy armour in the game and - of course - the Peacemaker sword. Using Shift, up until this point I was killing bosses in 2-3 hits, but that was before I got the 560+ damage rating Peacemaker.

The final boss fight starts, I dodge the first leaping attack by the boss. Earlier, I discovered that if I initiate the attack triggered by Shift, I can't get knocked out of the animation - so I started the wind up with the boss still charging at me. After a weird number of screen cuts and camera angles which made me think the game was broken (but is apprently trying to illustrate me dealing the final blow and the enemy knocking me off the tower), the ending sequence and credits started rolling.

I have no idea how much damage I dealt to the final boss in that one hit. All I do know is that against normal enemies I was dealing >5000 damage and with my previous sword (360AR) I dealt >6000 against the second last boss (the lost brothers).

Honestly, once I realised what had happened (after this long sequence of assaulting a citadel, climbing a tower, and facing off against the big bad only to kill him in one hit and without taking any damage), I just laughed.

I'm still laughing :D

Shaky balance aside, I pretty much started playing this to tide me over until FFtype-0 and Bloodbourne, but had a ball with it. Would recommend... just don't play it like I did if you want any challenge whatsoever.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@selfconfessedcynic: It was on sale recently and I really thought about getting it before Bloodborne, but then thought that I don't want to burn myself out on this type of gameplay before the main course is ready.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity: You could play it whenever but it's ~20 hours if you just go through it once in a relatively thorough fashion, considering it usually takes 200+ to get bored of Souls games that doesn't seem too bad.

There's DLC out now if anyone's interested in playing it, I haven't yet, keep forgetting to look at youtube to see what it's like.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#155  Edited By Humanity

@fredchuckdave: I heard that DLC is not only really bad but extremely short, like on the order of 20 minutes short.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.