Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

So what do you think of the Lost Planet 2 demo?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

The demo is really short, only one boss fight, but the fight lasts pretty long and it is pretty epic. I really like this game - I thought the first was phenomenal and I'm definitely gonna get this. I don't see it on many people's wishlists for this fall though... kinda sad. What did you think of the demo? Getting the game?

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By nrain

I found it kinda sketchy, but saying that I jumped straight into 4 player co-op without playing lost planet 1 (other than the demo once) and not reading the help tips other than the little ones that pop up on the screen. It's a looks like a really cool game and capcom very rarely make bad games, but i don't know it just didn't control well for me. I'll still probably pick it up though when it comes out.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond
    @xyzygy said:
    I don't see it on many people's wishlists for this fall though... kinda sad.
    I dunno.  Think it's a good thing personally.  Seeing as it's not coming out this fall.  People would only be disappointed if they had it on their wishlist for this fall.

But anyways, the demo is a little underwhelming.  No story elements in the demo, not even a setup.  HUD is amazingly ugly IMO.  The boss just moves around slowly in circles, I only died once when I fell off a ledge.  He takes lots of hits.  A pretty bad demo really, LP1 had a great demo too...
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RsistncE

Crap. It's just oozing with all those Japanese gameplay quirks...can't stand the fucking thing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Wait, it's not coming out this fall? But that's what wikipedia said. Oh well, they're wrong sometimes I guess. Why the hell would Capcom release a demo of a game that is coming out in like, months and months then? 

What I like about lost planet is that the reticle is loose on screen - it's not as stiff feeling as other games. Plus, the mech aspect is awesome... apparently there will be infinitely flying mechs! Not just the fly-around-in-your-mech-for-30-seconds mechs.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By DavidSnakes
    @RsistncE said:
    " Crap. It's just oozing with all those Japanese gameplay quirks...can't stand the fucking thing. "
    This pretty much says it.  Capcom's production values are excellent as always, but the gameplay feels so cumbersome.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Can't wait to buy it.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RsistncE
    @DavidSnakes: Everytime I would jump and land and not be able to move for that fraction of a second just sufficient enough to make it annoying, my face would scrunch up with one thought going through my mind, "Why?".
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy
    @RsistncE: That's just part of Lost Planet's charm, I guess :p Shadow of the Colossus had the same thing, did it not? I think i'm hallucinating. If you think about it though, who can really keep going at the smae speed they were when they just took a little leap of a cliff or overhang? But I agree it is a very slow moving game.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RsistncE
    @xyzygy: Very true. I'd also be a lying sack of elephant dung if I said that I don't play/like many Japanese games.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

I want to play this demo so damn bad, but since it's rated RP I can't download it(I don't turn seventeen for two more weeks.....I should have lied. Always lie about your age), so, can anybody tell me if it has any split-screen play? Or is it just online?

I really liked the first LP, and I am looking forward to this one.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy
    @TheFreeMan: Why don't you just make a new account, and wait for the silver members to get the demo? I think silver should be getting it soon. I'm not sure about the split-screen, the demo only had online. I think.
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By nrain
    @TheFreeMan:
    lol I lied that parental control bullshit is annoying, I said I was like 27.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @xyzygy: I do have a silver account that I said was 29 or something, but it can't download the demo yet. Last demo I wanted to download I had to wait pretty much two weeks. No split-screen on the demo, eh? Darn. Ah well, I'll still play it and like it.

@nrain: I lie on everything else so I had no idea why I didn't it for my profile. If I can't download M-rated demos when I turn seventeen I am gonna be pissed.
    infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15  Edited By infestedandy

I didn't much care for the first LOST PLANET, but for what it's worth it was one of the first "real" next-gen titles. And don't get me wrong, it had its moments, but it just didn't deliver in total. Now LOST PLANET 2... man, did this demo blow me away. I wrote down some recent thoughts and did a video about it here -  http://infestedandy.com/?p=338

I really hope that the co-op experience is as intense as this fight was and that the game actually maintains the fun factor. Can't wait to see more.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Meowayne

It sucked. A lot. It's impressive, actually, how they managed to make such a fight not fun.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Am I really the only that liked the first Lost Planet? Yeah, the last boss sucked, and the MP was nothing special, but other than that it was an overall good game.  

If I ever get around to getting my 360 shipped here, I'll be sure to check out the sequel.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @RsistncE said:
    " @DavidSnakes: Everytime I would jump and land and not be able to move for that fraction of a second just sufficient enough to make it annoying, my face would scrunch up with one thought going through my mind, "Why?". "
    i agree though i understand when jumping from large heights it makes no sense if you just jump.

as for the game i love it! the demo is awesome the main game will take up my time yes sir ree.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

@WilliamRLBaker said:

" @RsistncE said:
    " @DavidSnakes: Everytime I would jump and land and not be able to move for that fraction of a second just sufficient enough to make it annoying, my face would scrunch up with one thought going through my mind, "Why?". "
    i agree though i understand when jumping from large heights it makes no sense if you just jump.  as for the game i love it! the demo is awesome the main game will take up my time yes sir ree. "

There's a good reason why you cannot jump instantly, that being they don't want idiots spamming the move in MP like you see in many games. 

Aside from the few glitches and AI issues found in the demo, my only issue is the hook cord, it needs to be a touch longer.
    Caligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caligan

I just played it and found it pretty enthralling, but difficult.  It took 3 tries by myself, but I would think with 3 more live people, this game would be one hell of an experience.  If more people I knew were going to pick this up that I could reliably play with, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  Solo play would seem like too much of a chore.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By VanderSEXXX

I already like what im seeing. Im just hesitant to get this game for PS3 though cause I want to know if there will be a PC port for this like the 1st one. I just want to know 1st if there will be one soon then if not then I guess getting it for PS3 is the only option then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.