Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Two More Maps Coming To Lost Planet 2

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Hey, Capcom is still behind Lost Planet 2. The developer is set to whip out the second map pack for the game, a two-map map offering aptly named Map Pack 2, next week across PSN and Xbox Live for $4.99 and 400 Microsoft Moon Bucks respectively.

If you're a new or old Lost Planet fan, you'll feel at home with either of the maps. The 16-player capable Dockyard Battle is pulled from the game's campaign. It's an online-focused recreation of episode four's factory and battleship setting. Frozen Wasteland, the other map, is one of the shining stars from the original Lost Planet's multiplayer.

Capcom dropped some assets for both. Notice the new coat of paint on Frozen Wasteland in the latter two images. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I heard that Lost Planet 2 wasn't so great--and I didn't just hear that from the other Brad, that Shoemaker fella. The across-the-board critical sigh from kept me away. I know that more than a few of you, though, decided to grab the game regardless. Are you still into it? Will you be purchasing this pack? Or are you done with the game? I gotta be honest: there's still a little part of me that wants to play. I've got this, uh, thing for big monsters with large orange weak spots. Don't ask.

Look for Map Pack 2 on your favorite digital service June 1st and June 2nd.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Hey, Capcom is still behind Lost Planet 2. The developer is set to whip out the second map pack for the game, a two-map map offering aptly named Map Pack 2, next week across PSN and Xbox Live for $4.99 and 400 Microsoft Moon Bucks respectively.

If you're a new or old Lost Planet fan, you'll feel at home with either of the maps. The 16-player capable Dockyard Battle is pulled from the game's campaign. It's an online-focused recreation of episode four's factory and battleship setting. Frozen Wasteland, the other map, is one of the shining stars from the original Lost Planet's multiplayer.

Capcom dropped some assets for both. Notice the new coat of paint on Frozen Wasteland in the latter two images. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I heard that Lost Planet 2 wasn't so great--and I didn't just hear that from the other Brad, that Shoemaker fella. The across-the-board critical sigh from kept me away. I know that more than a few of you, though, decided to grab the game regardless. Are you still into it? Will you be purchasing this pack? Or are you done with the game? I gotta be honest: there's still a little part of me that wants to play. I've got this, uh, thing for big monsters with large orange weak spots. Don't ask.

Look for Map Pack 2 on your favorite digital service June 1st and June 2nd.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By DukeTogo

Insert "Brad (the other one) sucks" quote here.

Not really though.
    Lost Planet is good if you can get past the quirky controls.  It's the Demon's Souls of shooters.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Neverpraying

The game still won't be good

BigAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BigAT

Interesting...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bocam

Hope these maps are better

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Frozen Wasteland + Ospreys yes yes yes yes yes

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Milkman

YOU'RE PLAYING IT RIGHT IDIOT!!11! HAMBURGERS AND FRENCH FRIES!

In all seriousness, I couldn't care less about this.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Not a good deal on the price either way. $5 for two maps? :|

Azeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Azeo

I like the game, it's the train level that did it. Four people working together to fire a massive cannon at a worm from dune? Amazing. Maybe I will pick this up, along with the other one.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By l4wd0g

Awesome. Can't wait to play them.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'll be getting these maps even though I likely won't be able to play them outside player matches and I am really into ranked at the moment. Still I'm loving the hell out of Lost Planet 2!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By trophyhunter

I fucking love lost planet 2 but I'd never would pay for more maps 
    you don't get money in multiplayer

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donchipotle

Frozen Wasteland means I am sold.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

Keep refreshing that Kotaku front page, killer.

Tanstaafl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tanstaafl

The game is pretty damn good. 
    It's just not for everyone. The other brad is probably the last person i would recommend it to. 
    If on the other hand you enjoy a bit of a challenge and enjoy playing online co-op it's a ton of fun. 

Others have said it, think demon's soul's if it were a shooter, if you didn't like the kind of tough but fair challenge demon's souls throws at you this may not be up your alley though. Or better yet, think Lost Planet 1.. didn't like that? then you may not like this.. It's no Halo or Gears of War that's for sure but thank god it isn't, those games all feel the same and are really starting to bore me. 

Working in the job you do you must realise how subjective some reviews can be, they only make sense if the reviewer has the same general taste in games as you. Why not borrow or rent the game to at least see for yourself if its something you'd enjoy rather then taking the other brad's personal preference too seriously.  

It's not for everyone, but I'd bet a lot of people who give it a chance will really enjoy themselves a lot more then Brad's review would let on.
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By MeatSim

2 maps for 5 dollars no thank you.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MaddProdigy

Pardon my french, but fuck all this DLC in games lately. The games been out a month or so and their on Map Pack 2? I'd like to buy a game and know I'm getting a whole game, not a partial game that I then have to buy DLC for to get a full experience. Developers build games now, then selectively take out shit and sell it as downloadable. Ridiculous.

Avatar image for goforth_and_die
    goforth_and_die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By goforth_and_die
    @MaddProdigy: agreed
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By Lazyaza

Eh I'm kinda liking Lost Planet 2, its pretty insanely punishing though.
    Like the train level I just got to with the cannons which fire rockets that almost never miss and always knock you down and off the train, insta killing you.

Die enough and you have to start the whole mission over. Teh suck.

StickyMicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StickyMicky

Dude? 

----------------------------------------- 
     The across-the-board critical sigh from kept me away.     
    ----------------------------------------- 
     ^^^^^
    What the hell does this mean?

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @StickyMicky:  I imagine 'reviewers' was meant to be after 'from', but it got left out. There weren't negative reviews across the board though, even if it's true that most of the bigger sites did pan it.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By pweidman

Lost Planet 2 is a blast, especially w/friends.  I won't pay for maps, but they do look amazing, just like the game.

puchuupuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By puchuupuncher

flawed but fun.  the game COULD have been made better, but it wasn't. most games COULD have, this one more than most.  but its still so fun, and so rewarding when playing with friends.

But $5 for 2 maps, and no new customization options/weapons/abilities?   Really capcom?  Poor form.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By FightMeNerd

Seriously. Lost Planet 2 is a bad game... If you play it solo. If you play it with a group on co-op of atleast 2 to 3 players then the game gets way more fun. The problem is that Brad Shoemiester played the game and had to do a review before the game was properly released. The Co-op didn't pick up until more people had the game and had beaten it. Which he couldn't have experienced and most other reviewers fell under the same situation.

Also the game campaign is meant to be played multiple times. After a certain point you start unlocking crazy ass weapons like a shotgun that shoots confetti, a gun that when used in melee turns into a flaming blade, a balloon gernade that blows up and throws acid on enemies. Even a shield that can turn into a giant laser that you can fire with the combination of at least 2 to all 4 of your co-op buddies giving you their thermal energy to fire it. A device that turns all your teammates invisible in a globe. Ask Brad Shoemaker if he saw any of that and I assure you brad only experiences the worst side of lost planet 2. Which I don't blame him. A game with FORCED need of co-op being played before release when not that many people have the game before it's released is a bad situation all around.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I haven't played the full game yet, but I thought the MP demo was fun. I might rent the game just for the 4 player co-op.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By matiaz_tapia
    @Lazyaza:   Rockets are a bitch :), but one thing that I realized waaaay late into the game is that you can totally shoot them down. For the cannons, just keep aiming directly at the barrel and you'll probably be safe and even do a bit of extra damage. 

As for the topic. I'm still into the single player since I'm finding other routes to take in some areas, I've played the multiplayer a bit, but not enough to buy any extra maps ( since I haven't even played all the available maps yet)  

This game does a really bad job at showing you what's awesome about it. Mainly because you have to unlock most of the weapons using that slot machine :/. I have yet to find a place that claims to have the whole list of weapons and how they work exactly.  For example,I got a ranged plasma rifle that transforms into a laser sword if you hold the fire button and I just found out that my energy gun's charged shot will totally make a VS eject whoever is using it,  so you can conveniently steal it......I sort of got a nom de guerre for doing that a few times( multiplayer only tho).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.