Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Differences between factions?

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By msdss

I went to www.maggametools.com and looked at all the different weapons and skill trees. Unless they are inaccurate, it looks like Raven overall gets guns with much better stats, followed by VALOR, then SVER.

This makes sense since they are supposed to go in that order technologically, but is there any other difference? If you were to just go by that, then it would seem everyone would want to be Raven...

Can someone tell me the other differences between the three factions?    

JimFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JimFear

there is not really a difference between each faction, except from different kind of gun you will get all the same kind of add on.  

I

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

SVER's maps are massive fortresses.  It is very hard to win a match against them.  You have to have a very coordinated team, even then nothing matches there overpowered weapons.  If you have been on the MAG blog forums ALOT of people complain about the overpowered SVER. (me being one)

@msdss

said:

"  I went to www.maggametools.com and looked at all the different weapons and skill trees. Unless they are inaccurate, it looks like Raven overall gets guns with much better stats, followed by VALOR, then SVER.This makes sense since they are supposed to go in that order technologically, but is there any other difference? If you were to just go by that, then it would seem everyone would want to be Raven...Can someone tell me the other differences between the three factions?     "

I want you to read that websites trophies.  That will tell you how legitimate your information on the weapons is. 

" Shouldn't you be on Raven?
    Congratulations! You fucking suck at this game. "   I doubt that is a platinum trophy.  
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By msdss
    @ReaperOfLiving said:

" SVER's maps are massive fortresses.  It is very hard to win a match against them.  You have to have a very coordinated team, even then nothing matches there overpowered weapons.  If you have been on the MAG blog forums ALOT of people complain about the overpowered SVER. (me being one)

@msdss

said:

"  I went to www.maggametools.com and looked at all the different weapons and skill trees. Unless they are inaccurate, it looks like Raven overall gets guns with much better stats, followed by VALOR, then SVER.This makes sense since they are supposed to go in that order technologically, but is there any other difference? If you were to just go by that, then it would seem everyone would want to be Raven...Can someone tell me the other differences between the three factions?     "

I want you to read that websites trophies.  That will tell you how legitimate your information on the weapons is.   " Shouldn't you be on Raven? Congratulations! You fucking suck at this game. "   I doubt that is a platinum trophy.   "

Yeah the trophies are obviously a joke, but the weapons and skill trees looked legitimate. Is there another site that has more accurate information? I'm still on the fence whether or not I should buy this game, or just wait for gamefly to send it to me. Or just take it off my gamefly Q all together and get something else. I really wanted to like this game, and the 3 part video series Jeff did almost had me in my car on the way to best buy, but hearing about all the unbalance issues makes it sound completely broken, and not worth playing until a patch is released.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @msdss: If your on SVER it is not unbalanced and actually fun.  XD
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By msdss

I decided to go with Raven. I wish they got ballistic masks like S.V.E.R. but oh well! I get a tie fighter helmet ;)

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Tiwi

I hope it's not only cosmetic, but the fractions also add some different playing styles and stuffz

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Johanz

Only cosmetic, the only thing that affects armor is the light, medium or heavy setup.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By shadows_kill

mainly cosmetic. guns power and everything is the same BUT there is a difference in 1 big way. the maps some maps for teams are way easier to defend than attack. 

Other than that its just looks and which part your friends join on.

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BC_

I play as Valor and the biggest difference I see isn't the guns, it's the maps. When on attack, I feel like Raven maps are easier than SVER maps. On defense I feel like I win just as much again SVER as I do against Raven. Keep in mind the game hasn't been out that long so we're dealing with relatively small sample sizes here. And for those that weren't in the beta (like me), there's still a ton of learning to be done. Especially when it comes to learning the maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.