Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mark McMorris Infinite Air

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 25, 2016

Mark McMorris Infinite Air is a snowboarding game.

Such a great core gameplay system.

tstorm004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tstorm004

Any one else play this yet? It may be rough around the edges but damn, that core gameplay is great, and feels more like snowboarding than any other snowboarding game I've played.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard this described as SKATE, but snowboarding and more serious. Is that accurate?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shindig

Is there anyway to give yourself some momentum after a dead stop?

EDIT: Apparently not. Also, the game really wants to interpret your turns into reverts. I hate all of this.

tstorm004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tstorm004

@kcin: Very much so. Take Skate and add another layer of realism on top of it. Takes a bit to get used to but once you do it's incredibly rewarding. I'd best describe this as the Dirt Rally of snowboarding games. This is from a small dev team though, and doesn't quite have the layer of polish the Skate or Dirt games have. That said, the gameplay feels incredible.

@shindig Do you mean in the air or on the ground? On the ground do a Nollie (up then down on the right stick) to jump forward and get speed when going slow. In the air, you're allowed to spin once in the air with a cat twist (push the left stick any direction) Make sure to untrain yourself from Skate and don't spin with the stick as you take off from the ramp, as this will count as your cat twist. Instead be sure you're prewinding using R+L and the right stick to setup your spins/corks/rodeos/flips before you jump.

Also, in regards to your issues turning. You have an insane amount of control with the left stick. Pushing it forward or back at all will cause the rider to start shifting weight towards the front or back, which causes reverts and butters. Make sure youre keeping the stick centered vertically as you move it left/right to get a perfect carve. Takes some time to get used to, but once it clicks the amount of rider control you have and the physics of everything feels great.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I sort of got it down in the end. Managed to slightly eliminate reverts, too. Anything sharp though and I just swap ends. Hitting specific tricks is the bane of my existence, though. Keeping your lines in the snow presents a potential headache as I've definitely been stuck in my own trails.

You get better at this but I don't think you can really master it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Can you describe in your OP what About the gameplay it is that makes it great? I don't have a frame of reference.

tstorm004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29: The game goes more indepth than pretty much any other snowboarding game I've played. It nails the minute feeling of shifting your weight between your back and your front feet to do butters and reverts. The 3 axis rotation system makes corks, rodeos and off axis spins feel incredible. The controls feel very deep and give you a lot of control over your rider once you get the hang of it. The only issue is the tutorial system isn't great, so you spend a lot of time with trial and error until it all clicks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.