Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Markus Persson

Person » credited in 11 games

Markus Persson is the creator of the game Minecraft, and founder of Mojang AB.

Notch Backs out of making Psychonauts 2 happen.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Didn't Tim Schafer once talk about how much it cost to make Psychonauts in an interview with Patrick?

EDIT: He kind of mentioned the 20$ Million dollar value in that interview, but I think I had seen a more confident and precise statement regarding the budget for Psychonauts.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Here is an idea to make money for the game, HD Psychonauts. Anyone? Ehh forget it.

Either way that is not all that much money if they want to make sure everything functioned as it should. Still I can see Notch being a bit worried as the first one did not sell well at all. *It is an awesome game though*

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrfluke

@Snail: according to wikipedia, the budget for the first one was 13 million. and what they need to make a psychonauts 2 would be 18-19 million

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

Awww...He else will he able to afford his golden plated Nubian slave boy?! You tell me. You tell me.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

@mrfluke: Yep, I've read the article now. I hope this game does come to fruition some day, but only if Schafer really wants to make it. An unnecessary fan-pleasing sequel doesn't sound like a suitable follow-up to that game.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I don't blame him, really. It's nice he wanted to help, but I probably wouldn't spend that much of my personal money on something like that if I were him. Still hope a sequel comes out eventually.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshthebear

Eh, I never really saw this as a possibility. I'd love to see a sequel, but only if Tim and guys actually want to make one.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrfluke

@Snail: i think a good point for this to happen would be during the first year of the next gen consoles. as thatill be the time when people are looking for games to play and would by default give psychonauts some more publicity

hell, that strategy is what helped made the elder scrolls series so mega popular, as oblivion came out at the perfect time

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Azteck

I'll be honest, if I had the money he has, I wouldn't use any of it on game development either. Especially if the project might end up losing you several million SEK if it doesn't sell gangbusters.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrfluke

@Azteck: true, even as much as double fines kickstarter was a success, it only brought in 87,000 people.

those numbers will no way fly for a big game like psychonauts.

really imo the most strategic thing for double fine to do is after the kickstarter game is finished, to focus all your resources into making downloadable games for next gen,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.