Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Friendly Warning - You WILL Get Destroyed Online

• 64 results
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @PureRok:

Unfortunately, you can only pick one character more than once in local multiplayer :(

Or possibly player matches i'm not sure.

@turbomonkey138 said:
    "Charlie Guile Ken is who i role with  . I seem to do ok . Lots of people playing as ironman online these days "

Yeah there's a lot of Iron Man, and I don't think i've seen one team yet without Cable either.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Rhaknar

if you play this game like you play most fighters, lets say, like you play street fighter for example, you WILL get destroyed like the TC said. I'm living proof of this. I still love the game, but even back in the DC days I only played the cpu or friends that are just casual about fighters, so I never got into the "next level" of the insane combos and air combos and whatnot (kinda like Jeff said happened to him). I think you can still have fun with it, but most likely you will be destroyed

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BradBrains

i sukc online on pretty much every game. i just dont have the time to get really good anymore. im kinda like a  casual hardcore gamer or something ahhaah

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Shermanator

does this game play well on the game pad?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By apathylad

My record is about 13 wins and 16 losses. After awhile I am starting to feel that he easiest way to win is to spam Iron Man's Proton Canon, and the like. Still, it feels like I'm cheating. :P

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Apathylad:

Spamming them won't get you too far, but don't be afraid to 'punish' instead, IE if your opponent rushes at you, isn't blocking, etc etc you aren't 'cheating' for taking advantage of his weaknesses. If he can't get around it, he loses the match, you havn't cheated or commited any kind of sin.
    Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Siris

That kind of sucks for new players.. but at least the fans of this game will enjoy the online play, eh? I REALLY REALLY want to see a new type of fighting game put out there.. guess we'll have to wait and see, or just make one.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By animateria

Eh, I guess I'll stick to a friendly game of going against the AI...

At max difficulty of course.

(Though SF4 has one of the most terrible AI's even at the highest difficulty. I hope its not the case for this.)

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#59  Edited By apathylad
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " @Apathylad: Spamming them won't get you too far, but don't be afraid to 'punish' instead, IE if your opponent rushes at you, isn't blocking, etc etc you aren't 'cheating' for taking advantage of his weaknesses. If he can't get around it, he loses the match, you havn't cheated or commited any kind of sin. "
    How do you feel about Magneto's infinity combos? I've seen a few of those online. -_-'
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Apathylad said:
    "@The_A_Drain said:
    " @Apathylad: Spamming them won't get you too far, but don't be afraid to 'punish' instead, IE if your opponent rushes at you, isn't blocking, etc etc you aren't 'cheating' for taking advantage of his weaknesses. If he can't get around it, he loses the match, you havn't cheated or commited any kind of sin. "
    How do you feel about Magneto's infinity combos? I've seen a few of those online. -_-'"

Depends on the combo.

I don't like infinites from a gameplay perspective anyway, it's nothing like spamming a move people find difficult to get around, it's something that offers zero chance of getting around, imo they are design oversights/flaws and should not be used. But in keeping with the philosophy of banning as little as possible, you cannot simply say "Oh you can do it, but only for X amount of time" as that just doesn't work.

It also depends on whether or not the combo is an infinite, or you are just getting caught in a continues string of crossups, or a link that has a small window to get out, of a couple frames, but is actually totally impossible online due to the small amount of lag inherent in any online game. You might not notice it, but there is lag of a couple frames at the very least, it's been documented in HD Remix and SFIV, it makes certain moves overly powerful simply because the normal window to punish or escape no longer exists online.

Kens jab shoryuken in SFIV is a good example, ever tried to punish it with a combo right after he lands? Online, you eat flaming shoryuken. Offline, you punish it just fine because your timing is proper and not a couple frames out like it is online, and his jab shoryuken recovers in something like a couple frames.

But yeah, I don't like them, but i'm not gonna frow if anybody uses them on me it's just the way the game turned out. I do get annoyed at stuff like the jab shoryuken though, stuff I know I can get out of offline.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RedSox8933

I haven't even bothered to mess around in multiplayer. Perhaps this was a good decision.

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Doubt

i agree i got slaughtered, culd barely even move when they got me in the corner, one match i got juggernauted with that assist punch thing, and another time with that captain somthing guy and his super electric blue light punch attack assist.

need some practice even before attempting a ranked match

maybe i should get BlazBlue.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By jkz

My only experience was the game was having fun with friends in the arcade. Coming back to the game, I remember ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I can execute maybe 1/2 combos with most of the characters (on a controller). I played online twice, and killed one character total.

In short, I love the game, but it's a sob-fest for new players
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I remember getting my ass kicked when used to play this game in the arcade too. I was great in X-men Vs Street Fighter, and I could hold my own in Marvel vs Capcom 1. But when MVC2 came out my win ration went down to something like 1 out of 10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.