Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Definitive playthrough

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

So I've played through ME2 a couple times and almost got through a third playthrough before stopping myself short.  I decided I want one last playthrough to be my definitive save game and I'll do all the DLC on it and make all the decisions I want to make.  Maybe I'll want to come back to the game again later, but I doubt it'll be before 3 is out.   I've beaten the game on normal and veteran with an infiltrator and a vanguard, and beat it most of the way with a soldier on hardcore before deciding I didn't want him to be my main guy.  I also played a little insane with the infiltrator, but while I progressed, I found it frustrating enough to wonder whether I want to play through everything at that difficulty, especially some of the harder encounters I hadn't gotten to yet (collector missions mostly).  What is the perfect difficulty/class combination for a complete playthrough for you?  I appreciate your suggestions.

Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Delicious_Brains

I've played once through ME2 and that was only with Zaeed DLC. I've gathered the rest of the DLC so far for one big playthrough (except most of those ugly helmet collections) and I'm planning on going through ME1 as a Soldier and carrying that onto ME2 and staying as a Soldier (I see that to be my true class for Shepard).

I've been putting this off in case of pre-suicide mission DLC, but we pretty much know that all that is left is a bridging expansion. 

Difficulty doesn't really matter to me, but I'm going through ME1 on an easier setting to quicken things up but will go for insanity on ME2 because I haven't tried that out. The first time I play through a decision heavy game like Mass Effect is better because I play it as I would, then I get all obsessive for the definitive one.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

(Spoliers ahead)
    I've played through ME2 with Jacob and Jack, my only non loyal characters, dead and all of my crew alive. Luckily I hated the two :)

I don't really see a point in "perfecting" your Shepard; it was a suicide mission, it was clear someone would die. And playing through the ending more
    than a few times seems a little bit like cheating to me (NOT playing through the game multiple times - just the suicide mission - I'm all right with that).

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

My first playthrough is my definitive playthrough. I've done every quest there is in the game, including all the DLC, I didn't look on the internet on how to survive, everyone was loyal and they survived, is it really hard to keep everyone alive?

I played a soldier and I'm lvl 30, played a female Paragon

I finally started my second playthrough a couple of days ago, female renegade on Insanity......the name fits because it drives me insane sometimes

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

I was a soldier in ME1 but that was boring as shit so I replayed that as an adept and it was way more fun, then I did it in hard and then insane. In ME 2 its not quite as fun to be an adept but on insane which I am playing through now as a renegade its not that hard either. I have never even touch any of the other classes but I might go for a soldier run in ME2 before ME3 comes out. Although the adept Shepard  is the one I will properly take through to ME 3.    I lost Mordin on my first play through but I just loaded it back and re did it because it felt a little unfair and because I liked Mordin. 

CrackedOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CrackedOnyx

I blazed through ME2 after buying it during Steam's holiday sale.  I sold the Geth team member when given the chance, delayed saving the Normandy crew to finish one last Loyalty mission, then hopped through the Omega 4 Relay.  In the end, half my crew died.  My entire team survived, though.   

I have started a new file that carries over my ME1 character, but I can't really call it a definitive run.  I have yet to buy the Kasumi, Overlord, or LotSB packs.  I'll probably do that around the time I buy ME3.  As for difficulty, I gave Insanity a try, but quickly grew annoyed at the fact that I might as well not have had any shields.  For now, I've settled on Veteran.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SSully
    @imsh_pl said:
    " (Spoliers ahead) I've played through ME2 with Jacob and Jack, my only non loyal characters, dead and all of my crew alive. Luckily I hated the two :)  I don't really see a point in "perfecting" your Shepard; it was a suicide mission, it was clear someone would die. And playing through the ending more than a few times seems a little bit like cheating to me (NOT playing through the game multiple times - just the suicide mission - I'm all right with that). "
    I kind of agree with what you. I lost three crew members (Miranda, Mordin, and Legion) during the suicide mission, and I was a big fan of all three of them. I kind of wanted to go and start a new file right after, but them dying actually brought weight to the mission. Not only did my game end with what seems like an impossible reaper force coming to attack the galaxy, but I lost three members of my team. It isn't a Hollywood perfect ending where the hero and his team manage to overcome impossible odds, my ending seems more believable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.