Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Doing a second playthrough. (SPOILERS!)

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By D_W

I recently completed a second ME playthrough and am about to start one with this new character in ME2. When I first played through both games, I basically went all paragon and completed the majority of the side quest. However in my most recent ME game, I played mostly renegade and barely did any of the side stuff so I'd have a very different experience. And I did. 

To cut to the chase, how could I get it so that only 2 or 3 other characters survive during the last mission? Other than Garrus and  Morinth, I really don't care who else survives. 

Edit:  I suppose I'd go as far as saying that I'm looking for a step by step guide in how to kill off the max amount of characters and still survive the mission.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Bouke

A guide on how to kill your squad mates? The only thing i can say is that when i was on my renegade playthrough i did every mission and every sidequest and Mordin still died on the final part of the battle. I think it was because i sent him back with the survivors; because when i took him with me everyone lived. 

Not doing the loyalty missions for all characters might be a way to get certain ones killed and picking certain characters for certain tasks. I always picked the best/strongest character for the task; because i wanted everyone to life. I'm interested to find out how it will work out for you.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

all that matters to me is that i loved Jack and she didnt stand a chance.... fuckers. FUCKERS !

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By zityz

I dunno who Morinth is ( dlc char?) basically only do the loyality missions for those two, and barely any ship upgrades? Those games to punish you for fast tracking so. Try that.

ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ShadowMountain

Check out the mass effect wiki:
     http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2_Guide

Basically choose the worst person for each job. Take Garrus and Morinth with you in the final encounter. Put the Mercenary dude in charge of the fire fight and lots of squad mates will die (if you listen to his stories he tells in the ship you'll notice how he always survived his battles while all his past squad mates died). Don't put tali or Legion in the ducts - get some one else to do it. Essentially worst person for each job. For the 'leader' role before the final fire fight don't put Garrus or Miranda in charge since they are good leaders. Put someone inexperienced like Grunt or the bald chick. But try to always keep Garrus and Morinth with you so they will survive. Check out the link for detail anyway since this is all foggy knowledge of the top of my head.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011
    @zityz said:
    " I dunno who Morinth is ( dlc char?) basically only do the loyality missions for those two, and barely any ship upgrades? Those games to punish you for fast tracking so. Try that. "
    Morinth is the daughter of Samara, you get to pick which one survives during Samara's loyalty mission. She just takes the place of Samara if you choose to kill her. 

On Topic: I believe you have to not upgrade you're ship and skip out on the loyalty missions for the guys you don't want to survive. Thats just what i remember but i might be wrong.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By warxsnake

I might start my 5th now

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By D_W
    @ShadowMountain said:
    " Check out the mass effect wiki:  http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2_Guide  Basically choose the worst person for each job. Take Garrus and Morinth with you in the final encounter. Put the Mercenary dude in charge of the fire fight and lots of squad mates will die (if you listen to his stories he tells in the ship you'll notice how he always survived his battles while all his past squad mates died). Don't put tali or Legion in the ducts - get some one else to do it. Essentially worst person for each job. For the 'leader' role before the final fire fight don't put Garrus or Miranda in charge since they are good leaders. Put someone inexperienced like Grunt or the bald chick. But try to always keep Garrus and Morinth with you so they will survive. Check out the link for detail anyway since this is all foggy knowledge of the top of my head. "
    from doing a little research I found that this is the basic idea. 

I'll probably make a save before the mission so I could go back and try again if things don't go uhhh wrong. hah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.