Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

F Bioware & EA (more EA than Bioware)

• 55 results
    Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Double0hFor

as a 360 owner, i don't mind that ps3 is getting ME2, i'm happy they're getting the experience, but to give them each dlc package in the game while i had to spend more, its like they are playing favorites or something. and now they get some interactive comic which should have been included with the 360 version incase some were unlucky and didn't get to play the first? wtf, seriously, and if they improved the game for the ps3 (ie the stupid planet scanning) why not release an update for 360? please? 

ps i'm sure theres prolly been a couple of these things, but i'm just venting

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck
    @Double0hFor said:
    " as a 360 owner, i don't mind that ps3 is getting ME2, i'm happy they're getting the experience, but to give them each dlc package in the game while i had to spend more, its like they are playing favorites or something. and now they get some interactive comic which should have been included with the 360 version incase some were unlucky and didn't get to play the first? wtf, seriously, and if they improved the game for the ps3 (ie the stupid planet scanning) why not release an update for 360? please?  ps i'm sure theres prolly been a couple of these things, but i'm just venting "
    Dude, chill the fuck out. It's just some DLC. And besides, it's probably a really, really good financial decision.  If you're so mad about it, get the PS3 version as well.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

They're not going to justify putting a full price game on shelves when it's a year old without making changes and things more incentivised.

Same applies to the comic, those who want to play ME1 and have a 360 can go out and buy it, and have a decent experience.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

They had to wait a year. This seems like the same situation as releasing a GOTY version. I don't really see a problem. 

Don't hate, appreciate!

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By thatfrood

That is kinda dickish.
    @Azteck said:

"it's probably a really, really good financial decision."
    that doesn't make things better
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

- 360 got it a year early 
    - The motion comic is just to sum up the story of ME1, 360 owners got the actual game ME1 so there is no point of giving them a comic 
    - The dlc is justified in order to make it a full priced game (you can find a copy of ME2 on 360 for $20-30 and the dlc would add up to the retail price of the ps3) 

This is a stupid rant. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Double0hFor said:
    " as a 360 owner, i don't mind that ps3 is getting ME2, i'm happy they're getting the experience, but to give them each dlc package in the game while i had to spend more, its like they are playing favorites or something. and now they get some interactive comic which should have been included with the 360 version incase some were unlucky and didn't get to play the first? wtf, seriously, and if they improved the game for the ps3 (ie the stupid planet scanning) why not release an update for 360? please?  ps i'm sure theres prolly been a couple of these things, but i'm just venting "
    I bought all the DLC for Mass Effect 2, and am happy I won't have to do it again for my PS3 version. It's a year later, you can't expect them not to create a game of the year type package. Also the comic is more necessary on PS3 because people don't even have the option to play Mass Effect 1 on PS3 even if they wanted. 360 owners could.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The game is a year old.  You can buy it for 20 dollars on 360.  But it cost 60 dollars when it's new.  Because the value of merchandise changes over time.

This argument is so infantile and oblivious to reality it scarcely deserves the mucus to chortle at its existence.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE

I'm guessing you rage hard when Game of the Year editions of old games come out which include all the DLC?

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SammydesinasNL

I'm actually waiting for a GOTY version for the 360 myself. I'm not really pissed of about it or anyhing though.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By masternater27

Mass Effect 2 is $20 on Xbox right now. I'm sure a PS3 owner would be pissed if they bought it for $60 without all the DLC. The DLC PS3 owners are getting is about $30. So, they're kinda getting screwed.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " - 360 got it a year early - The motion comic is just to sum up the story of ME1, 360 owners got the actual game ME1 so there is no point of giving them a comic - The dlc is justified in order to make it a full priced game (you can find a copy of ME2 on 360 for $20-30 and the dlc would add up to the retail price of the ps3)  This is a stupid rant.  "
    This. EA isn't playing favorites. They're playing smart.
    SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SBYM

They're doing it just to mess with you.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By benjaebe

You should feel bad about making this topic.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kishan6

w/e im on pc and have finished the game twice.... no ps3 owners have finished it once and its been almost a year since release.... they deserve it for waiting extra long 
    its not an uncommon practice

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warfare
    @benjaebe said:
    " You should feel bad about making this topic. "
    Indeed.
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeShawn2ks

This is stupid, the game is coming out almost a year later after the 360 version. The same game coming out around a year later with all the dlc packed in sounds like a game of the year edition to me. Doesn't make to much sense to try and sell a year old game for full price with nothing new.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Im just going to point out something they did update the game to fix the planet scanning...Ages ago...Fucking ages ago.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ZoomyRamen said:
    " Im just going to point out something they did update the game to fix the planet scanning...Ages ago...Fucking ages ago. "
    Yeah, I was going to mention that.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By luce
    @RE_Player92 said:
    "  The motion comic is just to sum up the story of ME1, 360 owners got the actual game ME1 so there is no point of giving them a comic                                            "
    The comic is also a save game generator (the choices you make in the comic will carry over) so we kinda need it..
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By WickedCestus
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ZoomyRamen said:
    " Im just going to point out something they did update the game to fix the planet scanning...Ages ago...Fucking ages ago. "
    Yeah, I was going to mention that. "
    I was also going to mention that.  

Now I have nothing to say about this topic. Thanks.
    ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZoomyRamen
    @supermike6: In doing that I gave you something else to talk about, so really, you have lost nothing.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

This is far from Commander Shepard's favourite forum on the Giant Bomb.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Brendan
    @benjaebe said:
    "You should feel bad about making this topic. "
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SomeJerk

This thread put a smile on my face. It will turn into a wide grin if Bioware succeed in what they hope to do and make the game look and perform better than the 360 version :>

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Entus

And if you were to buy ME2 for the X360 when the PS3 version gets released, you can probably find the same package for the same if not lower price. 

If you're mad about being ripped off, wait 1-2 years after the game's release and buy it on sale for $10-20. Don't expect to get a good deal and be an early adopter in the tech industry.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By FreakAche

This reminds me of when people were actually petitioning to keep Devil May Cry from coming to the 360. Does anyone else remember this? I could have just made that up. I don't know.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Castiel
    @Double0hFor said:
    Dude you need to chill the fuck out! 

We had to wait a year for the game, so it's only fair we get a few bonus stuff. 

Now f off!
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By groin
    @FreakAche said:
    " This reminds me of when people were actually petitioning to keep Devil May Cry from coming to the 360. Does anyone else remember this? I could have just made that up. I don't know. "
    That actually happened. Fanboys do not have disposable income and are idiots in general.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanking loyal customers is a thing of the past.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By haggis

They seem to be doing everything right with this port, but someone's got to find something to complain about. PS3 players need that ME1 game save generator. Sure, they could have done something similar on the 360, but didn't. Oh well. As for the DLC ... I don't see the problem. They're putting an old game in a new engine, adding DLC, comic ... seems to me like they're trying to appeal to PS3 owners to buy the game. Which is a damned good thing. I'm jazzed for PS3 gamers to get this one. It's a great game, and PS3 success means ME3 success in my book. Give them the DLC, especially Shadow Broker. I don't care.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By Stealthmaster86

A.B.C 
    Always Be Complaining 

Once the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition came out I knew that a Mass Effect 2 one is not far behind. While we know it's coming out on the PS3, we don't know if it's coming out to the 360.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Vinny_Says

well if you're going to sell a year old game to people you might as well incentivise it with some bonus content.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I feel the same way. If I bought all the dlc content on the pc, it's probally going to cost as much as another full priced copy of the game. They get it all for free, so i'm probally going to rent the ps3 version to play the dlc stuff. I already watched all the dlc content on youtube, so I know what happens though.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By wrighteous86
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I feel the same way. If I bought all the dlc content on the pc, it's probally going to cost as much as another full priced copy of the game. They get it all for free, so i'm probally going to rent the ps3 version to play the dlc stuff. I already watched all the dlc content on youtube, so I know what happens though.

"
    I'd like to read this, but I ignore anything written by someone with less than 8,000 posts.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Wrighteous86: I'm sorry you have less than a thousand post, I didn't read what you had to say...hater.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wrighteous86
    @HitmanAgent47: Okay dude, do you really not see the hypocrisy?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Wrighteous86: no, I just see a guy with less than a thousand post acting like the sterotype I painted for them constantly proving my point. Go back to gamespot and stop lowering the quality of the forum.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Double0hFor:  A 360 copy of ME2 can be as low as $10 new. All of the current DLC (not counting weapon/armor packs) is 1920 MSP or about $22. To justify a $50 or $60 copy of ME2 on PS3, including all DLC is essentially necessary.

And if you bought early, the advantage is getting to play it as soon as possible. The disadvantage is paying more and possibly not getting content included in a later edition. It has been like this with several games, not all of which are published by EA. I bought early, and though I'm slightly regretful now that I see ME2 for $10, I don't see it as a big deal. I knew the risks when I paid for my pre-order at Amazon.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By flaminghobo

The game's almost a year old, it's almost like a GOTY edition. And I think that the comic being placed onto the 360 version would be a nice addition but it's only really necessary for PS3 owners due to the fact that Mass Effect will never be released on that platform.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @HitmanAgent47 said:

" @Wrighteous86: no, I just see a guy with less than a thousand post acting like the sterotype I painted for them constantly proving my point. Go back to gamespot and stop lowering the quality of the forum. "

So wait people with less than a thousand posts are lowering the quality of the forums?

How elitist of you.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GunslingerPanda

BAWWWWWWWWWWW, go cry, little baby.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By wrighteous86
    @wolf_blitzer85: Kind of you to stick up for us lesser beings, haha.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Diamond

Well it'd be cool if the 360 and PC versions got the PS3 updates, but personally this doesn't bother me at all.  I'm basically done with Mass Effect 2 now, and in some sense it's right that they're giving the PS3 buyers some extra shit, because they really did have to wait a long time.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ

Why not just buy the PS3 version? I know I am, especially with the news of the new engine being used. Sure, it'll have been my third playthrough of it, but hey... it's Mass Effect.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wrighteous86
    @XII_Sniper:
    I'd get the PS3 version, but the ability to import my Mass Effect 1 save is pretty important to me, so I'm gonna stick with 360 for the duration.
    Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Deeveeus
    @Double0hFor: Think of it as GOY addition that often comes on the same system to get the late adopters
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By PerryVandell

Well think of it this way, 360 owners got Mass Effect and they got Mass Effect 2 a year early. It only makes sense for Bioware to give PS3 owners a good deal. Besides, using your logic game of the year editions of games are all evil since they come out with DLC included in the game. This really isn't something to get angry about.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#49  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @Wrighteous86: no, I just see a guy with less than a thousand post acting like the sterotype I painted for them constantly proving my point. Go back to gamespot and stop lowering the quality of the forum. "
    Hitman, let up on this "one thousand posts" thing; it's ignorant, it's discriminatory, and it's elitist. If someone is acting in a way you don't like then do you think perhaps it could be because of their personality and beliefs in relation to what you're doing, instead of their post count? This whole "one thousand" posts thing doesn't make any sense and is an insult to a huge number of Giant Bomb's users.

In answer to the original question I agree entirely with what JJ said.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Gamer_152: he wrote on my wall that he's going to stop doing this shit and he'll just let it go. Okay then, i'll do that too, one less problem for me to worry about. Someone else sent me a pm about it saying he has less than a thousand post and he isn't hostile. I told him well you are the exception because in my experience 95% of ppl are. It's a constant, so it's a statistic.  

I mean I was just writing my answer to this thread about mass effect 2 minding my own business, then someone in another thread with less than a thousand post starts bottomfeeding on my post and starts insulting me? He even did that in another thread, perpetuating the sterotype. That's not right, just remember that, I am not the agressor, don't shoot the messenger because that's my message. I am raising awareness to this issue at least and look all I wanted to talk about was the orginal topic, nothing else, it's their fault. Let's continue the topic and stop replying to me ppl.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.