Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

For those of you who preordered, and got the bonuses...

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By essaregee

Okay, so I preordered ME2 some time ago from my local Canadian EB-Games. According to some sources, for preordering you get some Infernal (or W/E armor) (or the Terminus Armor + Blacksomething Heavy weapon from Gamestop). When you get the bonus, is it a unique code or some generic code?

Why I am asking is because my EBgames NEVER has any preorder bonuses (aside from some crappy Halo 3 t-shirts for Halo 3).

So, if I don't get my preorder code stuff from EB-games, am I then unable to get the preorder bonuses at all?
    Also, I don't have a 360 anymore so I preordered it for the PC, what do you think, will there be console commands to 'spawn' the armor, or will it function as the DA:O type thing, where the item would actually have to be downloaded and then some sort or DRM implemented to make sure that you didn't just copy the DLC (item/content/etc...)?

Any ideas?

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TimeWaffle

it will probably be done like DA:O was

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Probably a unique code, like Blood Dragon Armor.  I would just pre-order it from Amazon and cancel the EB-Games pre-order or something if I were you

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By essaregee

Well, then if it's DA:O style then I think I might be able to think of something XD

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lukaz

I've always received pre-order bonuses from my EB Games (well minus the experience band and that other thing that was suppose to come with DAO, they didn't have the codes at the time). Anyways, it should be a unique code. If you don't get one just talk to the employee there and if they have any sense they should give you the code. Btw, EB Games = Gamestop. When there's an ad saying that the pre-order or purchase item is exclusive to Gamestop, it means the same thing for EB. Therefore, the pre-order bonus from EB is the Terminus armor with the Blackstorm heavy weapon. And no comment on the PC thing since I'm a console kiddy and know nothing of how the PC works with these things.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By essaregee
    @Lukaz said:

" I've always received pre-order bonuses from my EB Games (well minus the experience band and that other thing that was suppose to come with DAO, they didn't have the codes at the time). Anyways, it should be a unique code. If you don't get one just talk to the employee there and if they have any sense they should give you the code. Btw, EB Games = Gamestop. When there's an ad saying that the pre-order or purchase item is exclusive to Gamestop, it means the same thing for EB. Therefore, the pre-order bonus from EB is the Terminus armor with the Blackstorm heavy weapon. And no comment on the PC thing since I'm a console kiddy and know nothing of how the PC works with these things. "

Aha! I thought EB was Gamestop (actually I knew that) but I didn't know that the Terminus was the special pre-order item from them. If I don't happen to get mine at all (and I really meant that thy NEVER have any preorder bonuses (except the halo 3 and the ODST preorder bonuses), I preordered DA:O, and nothing, as well as a few more.  

Do you think giving a call to head-office or something of the sort would fix this (provided I don't get my code)? 
    Thanks!  

EDIT: ebgames.ca no longer exists, it is now gamestop.ca, and Lukaz you are right, according to  http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=244661 the preorder bonus is the armor and weapon. 

EDIT2: I did'nt read the whole explanation actually, so according to them, none (as of yet should) of the people that preordered have this:  

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the exclusive gun and armor will be available at time of pick-up. 

Thanks again for the help guys!
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By ELpork

My guess is that the employees are taking them all before the costumers get them. All you really need to do is get their before the game comes out (if its a gamestop exclusive, that's not packed in) and ask for the code then. Normaly my boss is selling the codes online the second we get them in.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By haethos
    @ELpork said:
    "My guess is that the employees are taking them all before the costumers get them. All you really need to do is get their before the game comes out (if its a gamestop exclusive, that's not packed in) and ask for the code then. Normaly my boss is selling the codes online the second we get them in. "

This is why I hate Gamestop. Well this, and selling employee-used games as "new".
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bubahula

if they don't@ELpork said:

" My guess is that the employees are taking them all before the costumers get them. All you really need to do is get their before the game comes out (if its a gamestop exclusive, that's not packed in) and ask for the code then. Normaly my boss is selling the codes online the second we get them in. "

if they do not have the code when i go to get iti will fucking buy it somewhere else.
    I  preordered it to get that code and i will be pissed if i don't get it.
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ELpork
    @Haethos:@Bubahula: 

I think Bioware is doing their preorder DLC as pack in. They did it (It as in the Dragon armor) with Dragon Age, I think they might do it with ME2 as well.

Tell you what, If it isn't a pack in, and you dont get it, I'll grab 2 from work for you guys and give ya the code.
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bubahula
    @ELpork said:
    " @Haethos:@Bubahula:   I think Bioware is doing their preorder DLC as pack in. They did it (It as in the Dragon armor) with Dragon Age, I think they might do it with ME2 as well.  Tell you what, If it isn't a pack in, and you dont get it, I'll grab 2 from work for you guys and give ya the code. "
    hopefully it wont come to that. but you are awesome :D
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ELpork
    @Bubahula: I try.
    haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By haethos
    @ELpork said:
    " @Haethos:@Bubahula:   I think Bioware is doing their preorder DLC as pack in. They did it (It as in the Dragon armor) with Dragon Age, I think they might do it with ME2 as well.  Tell you what, If it isn't a pack in, and you dont get it, I'll grab 2 from work for you guys and give ya the code. "
    I already pre-ordered the CE, but I'm assuming the GStop pre-order bonus is different. I'd appreciate it, though I still feel guilty doing it!   

And argh, I was forced to pre-order through Buy.com, since Amazon and GStop were both out :\
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ELpork
    @Haethos: Lol, well if they work like that (out of packing) I'll try and grab one. if not I'll see what I can do.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Marz
    yes it will be like Dragon Age Origins, you input the code at the social.bioware.com website when you register your game and then it flags your account able to download the stuff.
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ELpork
    @Marz: I think they were talking about the Gamestop preorder extra. The terminus gun and armor.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I ordered from a site with no preorder bonus. I refuse to add fuel to the fire in regards to preorder bonuses. Plus the site I got it from normally get games to me 2 days before release, so yeah :D

ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ELpork
    @creamypies: 

I never saw the logic behind that choice. "I dont like free stuff" seems odd to me, at least in the sense that it only seems to be directed at gamestop. Granted I hate that company with a vengeance, but if your going to pay full price for a game, might as well get as much as you can ... (ellipsis not needed, but added for effect)

PS: If you know "a guy" (I:E me) you can get your games the second they come into the store... With ME2 I think its about 5-7 days early... Granted I will not be getting it early this time around, because I reserved it at.... wait you don't actually care do you.... ANYWAY!! I'll be getting it at the same time as everybody else, but the point is I get free armor and a gun, maybe earlier then you (In game obviously), or maybe you dont get them at all. Why spend money on a cow, when you can get a cow and a goat to use an old Gypsy proverb. (Not actual Gypsy proverb)
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mrnitropb

Elpork, you're part of the reason people despise gamestore employees.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @ELpork: Because the place I'm getting it from is around £5 cheaper than any of the places offering "free stuff".
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By CenturionCajun

If you read the fine print none of the pre-order bonuses are guaranteed. They are simply "while supplies last". Often times Gamestop only receives a limited number of codes for any given pre-order bonus. Sometimes they get a ton of them to the point where they are giving them to everyone who buys the game for days. Other times they get an extremely limited amount which isn't enough to cover even the pre-orders.

If a manager is selling pre-order codes online for money they had best be very careful because that could get them terminated in a heartbeat.

ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ELpork

@Mrnitropb I try.
    @creamypies By all means, go with that then
    @CenturionCajun Yes, were not suppose to, but nobody follows the rules anywhere now-a-days.  Gamestop has tried packing the codes in sealed copes to prevent employees from taking them, but that doesn't really work anyway.

I'm just playing Devils advocate here. I really do hate that place.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By immike
    @DrDemon said:
    " it will probably be done like DA:O was "
    haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By haethos
    @robotRhino said:
    "

I live in Norway and there, there are two different pre-order bonuses: 
    There is the one from Gamestop with the "Terminus armour" and the M-490 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon. And then there is a online shop called CDON which gives out an "Inferno Armour" which supposedly gives you special conversation options when you wear it.  
    What do you think of this?

"
    I'm jealous, and angry. :P
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ELpork
    @robotRhino: The inferno armor ups negotiation powers by 10%. So I think its just a buff in the whole "I'm gonna talk you out of this" department. 
    haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By haethos
    @ELpork said:
    " @robotRhino: The inferno armor ups negotiation powers by 10%. So I think its just a buff in the whole "I'm gonna talk you out of this" department.  "
    This makes sense to me, though I always max out my "Charm" ;)
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ELpork
    @Haethos: I suppose "Talk you into this" in your case.
    haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By haethos
    @ELpork said:
    " @Haethos: I suppose "Talk you into this" in your case. "
    Damn right. I hope the Charm stuff lets me romance anyone. And by "anyone", I mean Wrex.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.