Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I want to cry. So badly.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By reign

So I ordered the CE from Amazon and got free release date shipping (thanks 3 month prime trial), and like any other person, checked the UPS tracking like nobody's business. 

I live in an apt, so UPS drops the package off at the office because they cant get to my door without a key (blah blah)

But when they delivered it this afternoon, they chose to do so when the guy at the office was at lunch.

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

So here I am sitting on my computer, seeing all my friends on XBL playing the game, dying inside.

So tomorrow I can either 

1) Sit on the porch like an idiot all morning till the guy gets there [no]

or

2) Hope that the UPS guy doesn't have awful timing.

I need this game. Now.

(cool story bro, I know)

Lets discuss random stuff, shall we?  
     - Worst UPS/Fedex experience
     - What you do when waiting for a game
     - etc

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

My laptop went in for repair one time.  They needed a signature at delivery, but i was never home at like 2 o'clock or whenever he came.  So it took me like 2 weeks longer than necesarry to get it!

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reign
    @Skytylz: damn. At least FedEx makes it easy to pick up your stuff that day at their distribution center. (Happened to me with MW2) UPS makes it so difficult.
    Kojdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kojdog

I ordered these really awesome whole smoked shrimp from Sweden.  UPS shows up (very uncharacteristically) between 10am and 12pm on the day of delivery.  Of course, I'm not home.  The fiasco continues for 3 days despite notes on my door to leave the package and after this the shrimp goes all the way back to Sweden.  I get a nasty email from the vendor, I don't get my awesome smoked shrimp, and over 50 shrimp die needlessly and rot in the back end of a UPS truck.  Fucked.   

Sorry about ME2.  I'm still waiting for my copy in the mail.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reign
    @Kojdog said:

" I ordered these really awesome whole smoked shrimp from Sweden.  UPS shows up (very uncharacteristically) between 10am and 12pm on the day of delivery.  Of course, I'm not home.  The fiasco continues for 3 days despite notes on my door to leave the package and after this the shrimp goes all the way back to Sweden.  I get a nasty email from the vendor, I don't get my awesome smoked shrimp, and over 50 shrimp die needlessly and rot in the back end of a UPS truck.  Fucked.    Sorry about ME2.  I'm still waiting for my copy in the mail. "

Wow. Shrimp from Sweden? Must have been pretty tasty. Gotta say though, it's a damn shame those shrimp didn't get to fulfill their ultimate destiny.

UPS. Crushing destinies. Worldwide.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Branthog

I usually have a great experience with UPS and FedEx. My only gripe is that on occasion, they will deliver to the leasing office on the other side of the resort instead of to my apartment. Then they will write down in their system that I "wasn't home for delivery". The truth is usually that they never even bothered to knock on my door and just went straight to the leasing office, because they were lazy. I think that's usually only when they have replacement drivers, though.

Then there was the time that I had about $10,000 in Apple stuff (MBP, Mac Pro, couple 30" ACDs, etc) arriving by overnight delivery for a project that had an urgent deadline. Instead of delivering it to my apartment, they delivered it TO THE APPLE STORE TWO MILES AWAY.  I would have never even known about it, except that I investigated the delivery status and it said it was received and signed by someone who wasn't here and wasn't in the leasing office. I don't remember what caused me to think about calling the Apple store and checking, but I did. Eventually, FedEx sent their guy back to the Apple store to pick up my shipment and deliver it to *me*.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

That sucks, but you'll live. Not the end of the world by any means. 

Man, I love UPS. Two of my regular delivery guys have become like homies to me.

dudeitsdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dudeitsdon

my friend ordered something for christmas. the package came and no one was home at his apartment, but one of his "neighbors" sighed for it and took it. i think he had them credit back the money for the lost item, but it never made it in time for christmas.

kind of makes you wonder how easy it is to steal those packages if just anyone can sign for them.

i have a pretty miserable time waiting not only for games, but for packages in general. if i don't really try to stop myself, i'll go out and check the porch to see if they delivered something without ringing the bell. i usually try to do something productive, like school work or reading to keep me distracted, but usually i just watch television until my brian melts.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dystonym

I ordered Guild Wars Nightfall on Play.com in June 2008. It arrived in July 2009.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vidiot

I have it worse. I was surfing the web about a week back and saw that Best Buy was doing online pre-orders for the CE. Not thinking, and assuming that the term "pre-order" would correlate to something akin to "We will ship it, and you will have it near the release date", I bought it. 

I live in Washington state, I check the online order status, and on the 25th it's en-route....From Cincinnati Ohio.... 
    ...Yeah, this is the last time I buy something online from Best Buy. Vidiot is very sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I accidentally had my ME1 pre-order sent to the house I'd just moved from. It was in an apartment block, and luckily they'd actually delivered it to the wrong  apartment, which they had done a few times before. It was an old couple living in there and they were cool about it all, so it all worked out in the end.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reign
    @vidiot said:
    " I have it worse. I was surfing the web about a week back and saw that Best Buy was doing online pre-orders for the CE. Not thinking, and assuming that the term "pre-order" would correlate to something akin to "We will ship it, and you will have it near the release date", I bought it. 

I live in Washington state, I check the online order status, and on the 25th it's en-route....From Cincinnati Ohio....  ... ... ...Yeah, this is the last time I buy something online from Best Buy. Vidiot is very sad. "
    It doesnt really matter where it comes from. I've had stuff com from the east coast to here (California) in a day or two. Just matters what the shipping speed is.

I think best buy's methods were "standard" and "expedited," which gives no real indication of how long it would take. I looked there when I was going to preorder, but I lucked out finding the CE in stock from amazon last thursday or friday.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Cube

how about you read a book until it shows up?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By jNerd

REIGN, I ordered District 9 & Ghostbusters on bluray off WalMart.com & the stupid fuckin UPS game it to the USPS & they just shoved it in a corner @ a warehouse because they didn't want to deliver it to my apartment. That shit is BULL, I don't pay s&h to go pick my package up myself!

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zajtalan

oh i thought that guy stole it

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By guiseppe

I have to wait til the 4th... Yeah, not so bad now, huh?!

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I always just put a note on the door to knock obnoxiously loud and they always do so.
    Wakes me right the hell up.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By reign
    @Cube said:
    " how about you read a book until it shows up? "
    Hey man. This is Mass Effect 2. I have a right to be uncomfortably excited.

@guiseppe said:
    " I have to wait til the 4th... Yeah, not so bad now, huh?! "

My condolences.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " I always just put a note on the door to knock obnoxiously loud and they always do so. Wakes me right the hell up. "

I wish that would work here but it would wake the other rooms closer to the door up too.

In other news - 

sweet sweet Shepard, you are home
     sweet sweet Shepard, you are home
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vidiot
    @REIGN said:

" @vidiot said:

" I have it worse. I was surfing the web about a week back and saw that Best Buy was doing online pre-orders for the CE. Not thinking, and assuming that the term "pre-order" would correlate to something akin to "We will ship it, and you will have it near the release date", I bought it. 

I live in Washington state, I check the online order status, and on the 25th it's en-route....From Cincinnati Ohio....  ... ... ...Yeah, this is the last time I buy something online from Best Buy. Vidiot is very sad. "
    It doesnt really matter where it comes from. I've had stuff com from the east coast to here (California) in a day or two. Just matters what the shipping speed is.  I think best buy's methods were "standard" and "expedited," which gives no real indication of how long it would take. I looked there when I was going to preorder, but I lucked out finding the CE in stock from amazon last thursday or friday. "
    So the moment I read this I decided to track my order again. (?)It was here(?). I checked my mail, and there staring back at me was my package. 

I'm going to play the shit out of this tonight, but I'm now more perplexed over the whole "standard" / "expedited" shipping concept. I've ordered online before and my experience regarding something being shipped "standard", from the other side of the country no-less, has not been that expedient. I was training myself to get this on Friday. 
    reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reign
    @vidiot: lol yeah. It's always nice to make yourself think something isn't arriving as soon as it really is. I love it when packages arrive even a day earlier than I expected.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Murdouken said:
    " I ordered Guild Wars Nightfall on Play.com in June 2008. It arrived in July 2009. "
    Fucking Owned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.