Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Light Spoilers: Shepherd VI

KitDig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KitDig

I bought the Shepherd VI on the Citadel in the Thane loyalty mission.  Did anybody ever get anything out of it?  I was thinking that maybe if you die, they can use that as a way to bring you back in Mass Effect 3.  Why else would the game developers put the VI in there if it is never used?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

VI's are basically glorified chatterbots like SmarterChild from a few years ago.  They have complex programming which allows them to simulate real conversation but are not self-aware and are incapable of independent action.  The Shepard VI was probably about as complex as those toys that play 20 Questions with you (although admittedly those things freak me out).

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Garrus

I bought that and was actually hoping it would replace EDI's voice or something.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dustpan

If you die in Mass Effect 2 you can't carry over that save file into the third game.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

i've heard about that but can't find this quest, were do i go?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I don't even know where it is =S I've bought it but can't seem to find it on my ship.
    SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SonicBoyster

I think it's one of those things like the novels you can purchase and have "sent to your cabin."  It just says you have acquired it, you don't actually acquire it.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jadeskye

it's a shame they didn't produce 7 or 8 lines and a shepard holo for your cabin 

could have had some pretty cool stuff in there.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB

Hmmm.... I wonder if it will mean anything in ME3? Seems like most of the collectibles at least appear in your cabin for display. Nothing ever came of the hologram, that I am aware of.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Andorski
    @wasteguru said:
    " i've heard about that but can't find this quest, were do i go? "
    Finding the VI is part of Thane's loyalty mission.  A guy named Mouse has it.
    KitDig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KitDig

Yeah the thing that has me intrigued is the fact that Mouse makes a point of saying that there are a few guys that are always updating and improving the VI itself so that it would be more authentic.  Seems like too much thought was put into the dialogue for this to be just a throwaway item . . .

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

What I really need is a Wrex VI in Shepard's room so I can have Wrex Shepard Wrex Shepard Wrex Shepard Wrex Shepard

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By xatmos

Its like the fornax, supposedly you have it, but.. you don't. Also dialog about it is probably just a reference to something. They might add it in as something usable in your cabin. But thats sort of unlikely, it won't be a DLC (at least I doubt it), and with games using the DLC model, developers seem less willing to release other types of content in small patches. Kind of unfortunate.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By GaspoweR

I think it's a jab at the original game about how often it crashes on the PC version and how people are always told that they are working on a solution but end up just having to "solve the problem themselves". Got fixed eventually, with that patch that came out before the Pinnacle Station DLC but was a little too late due to ME2 being a few months away from release. 

Unfortunately, it still happens often in Mass Effect 2.

polyorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By polyorpheus

Maybe they'll make it do something in future DLC. Or some tie-in in ME3. Considering a lot of side stuff from ME1 was put into ME2 (although most of the time it was an email message), I think they'll do something with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.