Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Predictions for your Choices....

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giuseppe

Name one of the choices u made for Mass Effect and predict how it's gonna affect u for Mass Effect 2. Mine is that I let the Rachni Queen live and I have a feeling its gonna help me fight the Collectors.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By adam_grif

I have a feeling the Rachni won't be useful until Mass 3. Letting wrex survive gets him to unite the Krogan towards curing their genetic blue balls, so the Krogan will probably at a later date once again be a galactic threat, and my guess is that the Rachni will be there to help you fight them off. It would be the exact inverse of the original situation, where the Krogan fought off the Rachni.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By General_D23

Yeah, of all the threads from the first one, I think the Rachni won't pop up again until ME3. 

Hmm...I'd like to know what Tali did with the Geth data I gave her. I'm hoping it might come into play, hopefully helping with the geth. Especially one specific one...

I'm guessing I might meet with some hostility for sacrificing the council, but I'm hoping some good things come from it. Perhaps some other races have also been admitted to the new council.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Mrnitropb
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Zereta

I hope the Rachni play into Mass Effect 2. Like they help you in the end or something. 

Personally I hope, love choices play more of a role. Especially the choice between a human or Liara. Liara mentions that Asari get bad rep for 'doing it' with other species. Show me.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Oops, I killed the Rachni Queen.  Oh well.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crystalskull2

I let the rachni queen live and now afraid that they will be the villains of ME:3.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    There's actually a full list of the choices that carry over.  I won't post them all here, but to mention a few..

And I'm pretty sure the more character based choices are going to be skipped over, which is most likely who Ashley, Kaiden, Wrex and Liara aren't on the party anymore.  The ones who died would have too much of an impact on the story, so instead if they lived, you're going to maybe get a few brief cut-scenes with them.   Ditto for the love stories, I'm sure they'll be acknowledged, but probably pretty briefly.

For me, my biggest choice was to let the council die, despite playing as a Paragon.  I thought taking the oppertunity to attack, rather than going in on a rescue mission and risking everything was the better choice.  So it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts to having a completely human council.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zereta
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " There's actually a full list of the choices that carry over.  I won't post them all here, but to mention a few..

And I'm pretty sure the more character based choices are going to be skipped over, which is most likely who Ashley, Kaiden, Wrex and Liara aren't on the party anymore.  The ones who died would have too much of an impact on the story, so instead if they lived, you're going to maybe get a few brief cut-scenes with them.   Ditto for the love stories, I'm sure they'll be acknowledged, but probably pretty briefly.  For me, my biggest choice was to let the council die, despite playing as a Paragon.  I thought taking the oppertunity to attack, rather than going in on a rescue mission and risking everything was the better choice.  So it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts to having a completely human council. "
    You could let the council die as a Paragon? During my first Paragon playthrough, I was so afraid it would undo everything that I stuck to saving them. Dammit! I would have totally killed them off. 

Oh well, my Renegade Shepard playthrough now get that done.
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zereta: I thought Asari get bad rep for doing it amongst their own species. It's considered good by them if you bang someone of another race. Hense why Liara wasn't like that much. She was a 'pure Asari'
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zereta
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " @Zereta: I thought Asari get bad rep for doing it amongst their own species. It's considered good by them if you bang someone of another race. Hense why Liara wasn't like that much. She was a 'pure Asari' "
    I went back and checked, had a save around there. 

I hang my head in defeat. I am clearly not informed in Mass Effect lore. 

Oh well, there goes that. Time to read that Mass Effect Wiki.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adam_grif

I doubt the Rachni choice will return in ME2. It probably won't have any effects until ME3.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    "For me, my biggest choice was to let the council die, despite playing as a Paragon.  I thought taking the oppertunity to attack, rather than going in on a rescue mission and risking everything was the better choice.  So it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts to having a completely human council. "
    Actually if you let the council die but your a paragon instead of and all human council (renegade ending), humans work together with aliens to build a new council that involves everyone. I like this ending the best because humans don't become crazy rulers of all, but you don't stick with the same stupid council that never got anything done.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I let kaidan die, nothing important is going to happen. Rex might become a leader or ruler for his home planet and the coucil, who cares about them, it's going to be a military governement imo with the humans.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adam_grif

I let Ashley die because she was annoying and biggoted. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

There's no way letting the Rachni Queen live will turn out to be a good thing.  It's way more interesting to have your good deed come back and bite you.  That was definitely the vibe I got when I had to make that decision anyway.  They'll show up, you'll kill them all, somebody will pat you on the back and tell you that you did the right thing anyway.

I can see people being disappointed about how low-impact these 'choices' actually turn out to be.  I mean, just changing the Council would change absolutely everything that comes after, right?  So the solution is -as far as I can tell- to not have you working for the Council anymore.  If so, that doesn't really bode well for the less important choices - I'm expecting maybe a handful of scenes to play out slightly differently based on your choices.  

I can't really blame them if that is how it plays out - it's not like they could make 9 totally different versions of Mass Effect 2 - but they are hyping the shit out of the whole important choices / continuous trilogy thing.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adam_grif

The first rule of multi-path gaming is that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.