Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Stuck at the Eclipse hideout on Dossier: The Justicar

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Hey duders! 

So i need help or tips with this part on Dossier: The Justicar. I went through the Eclipse Hideout and in it after a while, you meet a gunship. You have to take it down to proceed. I can't seem to take it down and im annoyed. Its kinda like if you have played HL2, taking down the helicopter on the very end of Water Hazard. Please, duders! 

EDIT: My weapons are: 
    ML-77 Missile Launcher 
    M-9a Tempest Submachine Gun 
    M-97a Viper Sniper Rifle 
    M-6 Carnifex Hand Cannon

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It's not that difficult.. just keeping shooting at it (overload to help with shield, warp for the armour) and make sure to switch cover vertically when it passes overhead. 

EDIT: Also you're an Infiltrator I gather? Man, how can you lose?? Use your SMG, and remember to constantly overload, to destroy the shields then use your sniper+missile launcher to wither down the armour.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kyrieee

IIRC that gunship doesn't have any shields, just armor. The best weapon against it would be your pistol, and then your sniper rifle. If you or any of your squad has Warp then use that on it. It flies back and forth a lot, just take cover on the appropriate side. There's no need to rush it, it'll go down eventually.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

That gunship only has armor. Use your heavy weapons and sniper rifle. Switch all ammo and ally powers to stuff that shreds ammo. Send your squad to different positions to divert gunship fire. Take your time. Stay in cover. 

My lvl 11 soldier team took down that thing in 30 seconds. Interesting to see how different the combat can be.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

It took me ages to kill this on insanity, not because I was dying but it just took a long time, my team were useless and it was me running back and forth picking up ammo, firing 3-4 shots then running to the other side and repeating. Laaaaame.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Yup, all these tips are good. Reduce armor, take appropriate cover. It's a done deal.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zombie2011

Why do you have the Viper Sniper Rifle? 

You should have already been on the Collector Ship and should have been able to choose between the AR, Shotgun and SR. I assume from your weapons you're an Infiltrator so you should have picked the SR which will kill the helicopter in 5 shots.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HereAllDay

As a soldier I found this quite easy, just take cover efficiently and consistently shoot and use squad powers, you should be good.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Helimocopter

i hit it with a with the cain and it went away pretty quickly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.