Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

What Mass Effect 1 DLC really effects ME2?

honkwas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By honkwas

So I'm about to start ME1 again as I just got ME2 (late to the party I know) and was wondering what DLC of the first game effects stuff in the second one. 
    This only because I'm I like to explore everything the game has to offer and I'm pretty OCD about this stuff.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By General_D23

Neither really. Pinnacle Station never comes up again, and for Bring Down the Sky, you end up maybe getting an email, depending on the choice you make at the end.

If I remember correctly, both might have "News Announcements" associated with them (when you select a News Terminal).

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Screw Pinnacle Station unless you want chieves. That one is basically just an arena thing. The only thing that would be of interest is Bring Down the Sky that, while not affecting the sequel, does add some story to the Batarians.

honkwas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By honkwas

I haven't played mass effect in a long time, so when you say new announcements do you mean in game or real new announcements like if they affect ME3?

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By General_D23
    @honkwas: You remember the news terminals that dotted the walls on the Citadel and Illium? Those will have a little story associated with the DLC, telling you what happened in the aftermath.

Though, apparently, the only one that counts is Bring Down the Sky. The announcement associated with Pinnacle Station was cut from the game.

So yeah, Pinnacle Station has no effect on ME2.
    honkwas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By honkwas

Thanks now I can spend more money on ME2 DLC than ME1 DLC which can never be a bad thing really

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.