Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Here's What the Next Few Months of Max Payne 3 DLC Will Look Like

• 75 results
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I have no real interest in MP for this game, so I guess I'm good.

baconbutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By baconbutty

I usually play Multiplayer games until new map packs are released and then my interest just drops considerably, if it hasn't already before then.

I think this is true of a lot of people. They'd get better customer retention if they dropped free maps on us and had micro transactions to make money.

But what do I know.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Cirdain

@Morningstar said:

I rather have single player stuff though..

same

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deerokus

The idea of pre-ordering a season pass is mind-numbing too. Pre-order a pre-order for a download.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By razkazz

It kind of turns me off to know that $60 won't get me the full experience; even right after launch. I'm sure the DLC'll provide nice bonus content, I guess it's just hearing about it before the game's even out that makes it feel like a punch to the guts.

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By sublime90

it all depends on how much i'll play the MP or even like it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I will welcome the Max Payne 3 multiplayer and give it the benefit of doubt, but MP3 DLC is not what I was looking forward to. Story DLC would be great.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By BBQBram

Pre-ordering. I pledge allegiance to Rockstar.

Avatar image for condorcalabasas
    CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By CondorCalabasas

I personally can't decide whether or not I want the DLC packs. From what I can tell, Counter Strike: Global Offensive is coming out sometime during the summer, and if it does that'll pretty much be my entire online gaming experience for at least the next 2 years.

I don't think I really need all that multiplayer content (even though it does look especially cool).

@PhilESkyline said:

Glad they listed the details and plans for release but $30 bucks for DLC is a bit high. That's half the price of the entire game. $10 to $20 should be the limit.

400 points a pack isn't bad...

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vinsanityv22

"Among life's many inevitables, "video games having DLC" is beginning to rank pretty highly on the list."

Yeah, but so far, the vast majority has been pretty disposable and forgettable. Map Packs? Like multiplayer is important at all. The amount of single player DLC content that has added to a main game can be counted on one finger, unfortunately. Every game just spits out more multiplayer map packs, and all of that is useless and pointless.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By nohthink

Don't really care about Map Packs....

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By hbkdx12

So is there co-op in the game from the start or is the only option for co-op that New York Minute DLC?

Cuz that really fuckin sucks if it's the latter

BigManDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BigManDeath

Business as usual in the current video game industry.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Chtasm

Preordering DLC...oh my.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@hbkdx12 said:

So is there co-op in the game from the start or is the only option for co-op that New York Minute DLC? Cuz that really fuckin sucks if it's the latter

Maybe the co-op DLC will be free like it was in Red Dead? I would hope but yeah it's on that list and now that they are apparently in the "Season Pass" game, I guess not. That would be a good thing to bring people back later to the game so they should give it away.

I'm interested to try the multiplayer for this game but I rarely pay for DLC.

@Chtasm said:

Preordering DLC...oh my.

It makes sense in some business ways. You have to have faith in the content though. Max Payne multiplayer, even though apparently pretty good, is an unknown so it's crazy to pay for DLC up front right now. I think the poor quality of the Saints Row the Third DLC, which was on a season pass, is proof of how you can get screwed on that deal.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By fjordson

As long as they aren't carving up the single-player, then it's all good. Don't think I'll get this personally unless I really, really love the multiplayer.

@billyhoush said:

Uh ya. I would like to try multiplayer first before jumping on a season pass.

You can. In the comments section of this story on their official site they said the season pass price is not a limited time offer.

arx724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By arx724

Pre-order your DLC for an unreleased game today!

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ComradeKhan

I'm hoping the multiplayer will be like Action Half-Life 

DxBecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DxBecks

So let me get this straight Rockstar, I took the initiative to pre-order Max Payne 3 for $60 in the hopes that you would put out a glorious game, and now a month before the game even launches, you want me to either purchase $30 worth of downloadable content without:

1. Knowing if the multiplayer will be enjoyable.
    2. Knowing if the multiplayer will work.
    3. Knowing how many maps the stock game ships with.
    4. Knowing how long the single player campaign is.
    5. Knowing how long the community will play Max Payne 3 online.
    6. Knowing that you will even complete and uphold your promise of map packs.
    7. Knowing how many maps are in each map pack (they could make the map packs contain two maps each).
    8. Knowing how good the map packs are going to be.

If I want to know all of the above, I will have to pay $46 or just $14 less than the full game price to acquire all the downloadable content seriously, I cannot believe you Rockstar, this is pretty shitty and pretty low especially considering the first map pack could release a week or two after the game launches on the computer.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud: Hopefully they do decide to do something where they patch it in for free later. I'm not big on competitive mp so it bugs me when i see co-op mp get the shaft at the sake of (what looks like) paid DLC down the line

@DxBecks: It's pretty much for all those reasons why i feel like buying a season pass, whether it be for this game or another, is kind of silly and presumptuous but at the same time it's pretty standard business model at this point from the dev/pub perspective
    cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By cassus

MP DLC has never worked all that well. Pack released.. maybe...20% of the current playerbase buys it, then queues up for ages trying to find people to play with.. then pop back into vanilla servers. MPDLC only works for ridiculously popular multiplayer games like CoD and BF. Judging by Rockstar's previous multiplayer games.. It's going to be a few thousand guys playing a bit the first week and then nothing.

PATJASA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PATJASA

@DxBecks: That requires a lot of faith in this game (maybe multiplayer specifically) to get all the map packs...

I don't know if everyone noticed, but there is definitely something wrong with the game developers nowadays....I understand that the developers want to expand the experience and build something better on top of the game they are offering, and I love that, I support meaningful DLC or map packs at a reasonable price.

Now it's all PRE-RELEASE DLC, DLC PACK, DAY-ONE DLC and stuff like that, to be honest they SUCK! and it just make me feel so fucking angry to know the fact that the developers have the fucking content in their hands and rather putting all of them in the disc (maybe not enough space but I don't really care), they decide to say: "Nope, you are not getting it unless you pay ****MS points" and it's not like their games are any cheaper.

OK alright, so maybe some of them are pretty cool, and good value, but at least let us know what your actual game is like,give us a demo or whatever. I mean we didn't even get to play it, and you are selling us more stuff? It doesn't really make sense to me. Seriously, Preordering download passes? if you are putting out singleplayer story stuff, I might think about it because I know rockstar is good at it, but Max Payne never had multiplayer before, it's not like I can get a refund if the MP sucks or even worse that no one is playing multiplay....and on top of that, this offer doesn't make me feel like Rockstar is gratefully giving us this discount for the fans, it's like "preorder guys! Have faith and it's cheaper!" So what? I didn't pre-order your game, but I am going to buy it and maybe buy the map pack, i mean the whole thing if the online part is solid, and I can't get the bloody discount? it's just fucked up! I thought the purpose of having these passes, are to buy multiple DLC before the DLC release and getting discounts, but WE STILL NEED TO SEE THE DAMN GAME! we can't just say "oh! your TRAILER LOOK cool! I am gonna buy it" because that's dumb and we all know have deceiving trailer can be nowadays!

And really game developers, put some soul and effort in your DLCs, all those pre-release or day-one stuff turned out crap and I regret buying most of them. I have nothing against Rockstar, I think they really know their stuff and good at producing excellent games, but don't learn from EA please, and don't ask for gamers faith during this dark time of games.... really... I appreciate Bethesda is actually taking some time to make their DLC, not sure it's gonna be good, but at least there's effort and I am looking forward to it....

Sorry for the long post, but really there is something wrong with the game industries and as gamers I believe we really need to stand up and say no to this kind of bullshit.

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By D_train_lives

I bought this and regret it already the multiplayer is fun but it won't last even if I happen to keep playing. be warned

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Rockstar has knocked it out of the ball park with their DLC this generation, so it is a good chance all of these will be worth it.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bwheeeler

@PATJASA: You do realize you can wait to buy the season pass?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.