Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

So, it seems Max Payne 3 is going to be awesome.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maajin

Destructoid, Joystiq and Kotaku just released very positive previews of Max Payne 3.

I can understand part of the negativity, the fear of change, the fear that Rockstar's making a noirless uninspired shooter... But I'm loving everything they showed so far. I'm a huge fan of both previous games (at some point they were my favorites ever), I love change and I'm a firm believer that bald Max is going to be between the best of 2012.

(If it really releases in 2012)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Never really thought that highly of Max Payne or Max Payne 2, hopefully Max Payne 3 will be awesome!

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt. No reason to dismiss it before it's even a finished product.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I don't think it'll be as cool as the first two games which I'm quite fond of but this still looks pretty fun. It's no day-one sale for me but I'll love to play it soon.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By gamb1t

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt. No reason to dismiss it before it's even a finished product.

this

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By buzz_killington
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Maajin said:

I love change and I'm a firm believer that bald Max is going to be between the best of 2012.

Uh, if they're gonna change the game, how do you know that the new Max will be one of the best? 
    Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chop

I'm extremely apprehensive, seeing as how Rockstar's games have awful shooting but I'm willing to give Max Payne 3 a shot. 2 is still one of my favorite pc games ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait game looks awesome.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Chummy8

Yeah, but it's got a cover system. Max Payne don't need any cover, son!

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maajin

@AhmadMetallic: The game's already changed, and I like what I see. The mood, Max's arc from cop to guy from Hangover, these reports about the quality of the shooting mechanics and animation... As I said, I don't know it, but I believe it will be one of the best games of next year.

@TekZero: These previews make the cover system look much more lika a starting point for all the John Woo, bullet-time action. Also, in MP1 and 2, in a room filled with enemies I was constantly jumping around to stay alive, which looked very silly. I don't think the cover system will change the action that much, it will probably add a little more strategy.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

You mean the pre-emptive whiners bitching based on almost nothing had it wrong? I don't believe it sir!

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JCGamer

It's been getting some good preview buzz. I'll be interested to see how the game turns out. Really had fun with the first one, never finished the second.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By niamahai

seeing that its 2012's Rockstar You-Other-Games-Get-The-Fuck-Out-Of-April title, I am not surprised. 

...please re-release Max Payne 1&2 with cheevos.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By squirrelnacho

EDIT - I'm not saying the game will completely suck. Just saying the same setting of the original 2 would have been nice. Thats all.

I don't care how they change the gameplay. It's the setting and story that look stupid, those are what made the first two games so great.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vodun

@squirrelnacho said:

I don't care how they change the gameplay. It's the setting and story that look stupid, those are what made the first two games so great.

Private security company? Sunny brazil? WTF. Max wasn't a soldier, he was a detective.

It just looks way too generic now and it's clearely not made by the same people. Not a day 1 purchase.

You sir also look stupid, I shall not day 1 purchase you either!

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By landon

@squirrelnacho said:

Private security company? Sunny brazil? WTF. Max wasn't a soldier, he was a detective.

It just looks way too generic now and it's clearely not made by the same people. Not a day 1 purchase.

Yeah, remember all that detective work you did in the first two games? I mean, between that little bit of shooting there was?

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By L33tfella_H

@Landon said:

@squirrelnacho said:

Yeah, remember all that detective work you did in the first two games? I mean, between that little bit of shooting there was?

All jokes aside, I'd probably buy a NY Noire game if it involved you playing as Max Payne.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By landon

@L33tfella_H said:

@Landon said:

@squirrelnacho said:

All jokes aside, I'd probably buy a NY Noire game if it involved you playing as Max Payne.

I would totally buy that game. They should to a prequel next and set in his early days on the force.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Kazona

People bitching about a game they know nothing about? Unheard of!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.