Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 31, 2008

The sequel to the critically acclaimed Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Now set in war-torn Venezuela, the player again takes on contracts for various warring factions on a quest for payback.

I have to question the reviews?

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SaitenMar

Are they scoring Mercs 2 on new stuff? or are they simply comparing it to current games?

I don't like reading reviews, often I find reviews some of the most deluted drivle ever and usually only follow a select bunch of reviewers (aka Giantbomb.com). But my American mate started sending me some links for reviews the last week and reading them I have.... well been surprised at how some of the reviews have come across. It seems to me that the reviewers don't understand what Mercs 2 is about, its not about a deep storyline, its not about realism, its all about mindless blowing crap up. Reading and seeing everything I have of this game, it seems obvious that its Identical to the original mission based and I loved that. Yes it did become repetitive but you simply would stop playing, take a break or play another game and play again.... suddenly remembering what a great game it was. Thats what Mercs is.... its FUN! nothing else nothing special its FUN. To be fair some reviewers have clearly seen this as a game that is for fun, not a game for you to question existance or anything else thats to deep. I don't usually get angry at reviews but reading some clearly got my blood boiling. I'll give em the bugs, but GTA4 had bugs everywhere yet still got some amazing scores...... so I'll be fair on the reviewers there.

Well, my American mate had the game Sunday. Haven't spoken to him since and all he as sent me was a Windows Live Message saying ''Loving Mercs 2'' which I'd take as a good sign. Just be careful with reviews folks, take em with a pinch of salt because Mercs is one of those games that you could end up loving... or hateing. Knowing the original so well I know what I'm going to be enjoying come Friday! :)

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By carzy

A. GTA4 had no ware near the amount of bugs Mercs 2 has
    B. Its the reviews job to pick apart the game and explain it for what it is, Not everybody enjoys blowing stuff up mindlessly.(not sure why) Its the reviews job to point out the story is shit and the game is buggy.

Personally I have enjoyed it far more the GTA, but for someone who hasn't herd of this game and enjoys a good story with deep gameplay and is willing to drop 60 bucks for a game he'll probably not enjoy as much as a GTA4 its good to have brutally honest reviews.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.