Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

Tips for Single Player

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ttocs

I'm playing this game single player because I really don't know anyone who has a PSP and the game.  It sucks, but that's just what I have to do to play it.  I know it's a co-op game at heart, but hopefully I'll be able to trek through this.

I do have a question to anyone who also played single player.  On the boss battles, do you have any tips?  Last night I died playing the second tank mission (where there are 10 soldiers 4 at a time and a tank that shoots train wreckage around.  I'm trying to beat that boss but get about 5 guys in and get spotted.  After that it's over.  Any tips from anyone that completed?

Did anyone beat the game playing solely single player?  I'd be curious to learn that as well.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Use Ad-hoc party and you can play with anyone with a PSP, the game blows for bosses without co-op.  Plus the MH quests are too fucking crazy.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us
    @ttocs: There is a "I beat the game ask me anything" thread around here somewhere for this game. Post a reply to the OP and you'll probably get some good advise.
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ttocs
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Use Ad-hoc party and you can play with anyone with a PSP, the game blows for bosses without co-op.  Plus the MH quests are too fucking crazy. "
    Oh, I didn't realize there was an ad-hoc mode.  I thought that was only for online vs.  You can tackle bosses with some random person through a matchmaking process?
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ventilaator

I beat the entire game all alone, and I blew up all the enemy vehicles along with the soldiers. 

Bring a missile launcher, a heavy duty machine gun and rations, THAT'S IT.
    Then be sure to develop SUPPORT MARKERS.

Throwing down a support marker allows you to request for ammo and supplies from mother base, which are based on the types of stuff you have with you, that's why you need to bring as little as possible.

Keep the rations equipped and when you run out, set a support marker.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ttocs said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " Use Ad-hoc party and you can play with anyone with a PSP, the game blows for bosses without co-op.  Plus the MH quests are too fucking crazy. "
    Oh, I didn't realize there was an ad-hoc mode.  I thought that was only for online vs.  You can tackle bosses with some random person through a matchmaking process? "
    No, it's done through PSN.  Look up Adhoc Party on PSN or on Giant Bomb and it explains everything.  If you need help, shoot me a PM.
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ventilaator
    @SmotPoker said:

" That won't let him get an S rank or capture the vehicle at 100% HP for outer ops. "

Yes, but that may allow him to get through it and go back to the mission later after he has developer more high end items and weapons and has become more used to the game.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @ttocs said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    Oh, I didn't realize there was an ad-hoc mode.  I thought that was only for online vs.  You can tackle bosses with some random person through a matchmaking process? "
    No, it's done through PSN.  Look up Adhoc Party on PSN or on Giant Bomb and it explains everything.  If you need help, shoot me a PM. "
    Adhoc Party only works if you have a wired connection correct?
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ttocs
    @Ventilaator said:
    " I beat the entire game all alone, and I blew up all the enemy vehicles along with the soldiers.    Bring a missile launcher, a heavy duty machine gun and rations, THAT'S IT. Then be sure to develop SUPPORT MARKERS.  Throwing down a support marker allows you to request for ammo and supplies from mother base, which are based on the types of stuff you have with you, that's why you need to bring as little as possible.  Keep the rations equipped and when you run out, set a support marker. "
    So it is possible to beat it with single player.  That's awesome.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I was getting a little worried I wouldn't be able to finish it on my own.  I think I just got the support marker item but I haven't used it yet.  I'll be sure to equip it immediately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.