Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGO has one big problem off the bat.(Host Ragequits)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

If the host quits you disconnect and don't get any of your EXP or Gear Points.

Maybe its a genuine connectivity issue but Ive had "disconnected from host" happen a lot and its been when the host is on the team thats losing.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@devil240z: have already mentioned this in 2 previous posts. It may not even be rage quits. Maybe they just gotta take off. Regardless, everybody gets penalized if they leave in the middle of a match.

xx_kells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xx_kells

@sackmanjones: Its not likely though that each time that it happens someone needs to take off. Its happened pretty often in the hour that I've played online. It shouldn't penalize everyone on that team but just the host. Like a 30 minute cooldown or something.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's why, in case it doesn't inform the host he or she is hosting well, I only quit when we're being spawncamped by the worst goddamn walkerspam or when the new map has loaded :<

xx_kells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xx_kells

@somejerk: That's pretty scrubby reason to quit. It reminds of people disconnecting in fighting games because the other player "isn't playing right"... No throwing and no fireball spam type nonsense.

Wouldn't be a big issue if MGO changed the host.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BoOzak

Yeah that sucks, another problem is being put on opposing sides of your party.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been hosting my own matches which has been working out pretty well so far. Sucks that prime time for me to play falls right on when they usually have server maintenance though.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@devil240z: Do you find that you can fill the matches up pretty consistently or do you roll with a group of people anyway?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Devil240Z

@walkertr77 said:

@devil240z: Do you find that you can fill the matches up pretty consistently or do you roll with a group of people anyway?

I have not tried to play with a crew but I would like to try to group up with GB people at some point but basically its gone like this when I have hosted by myself. Just me for 5-10 min waiting then one guy joins then a few seconds later the room is pretty much full. once you have people its gone great. You only need two people to start so It would probably go really quick if you had a friend also there seems to be no actual squadding up stuff so if you play with people you will get randomly assigned to teams.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@devil240z: Cool. There are some healthy Giantbomb communities on PS4 (Giantbomb Super Classic and Bombardiers Sans Frontiers) but as far as I can see there's no way to invite people into game. Surely there is some way to do it but I've had no luck thus far.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't think the game is especially fun. Single player mechanics aren't always great when placed into a multiplayer environment. Whole lotta melee clustermucks. Also I feel like players should behave stealthily and make stealth an active mechanic, rather than giving them active camo.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

@walkertr77: It seems you cant just shoot out invites even to your friends. but maybe if you make a community party people can fallow you from that. I know you can follow people but you cant invite them in game.

EDIT: the mgo twitter account is reporting that being separated from your party is a bug.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGO Has one big problem: 15 minute to 30 minute Capture and Hold is way way better than every other mode.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like the same problem as the original MGO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.