Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Unlocking the last two missions (Probably Spoilers?)

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

...45 and 46 are the last two, right?

Anyway, I've done a bunch of googling and I'm getting conflicting information about how to unlock these missions. I've seen stuff about maxing your relationship with Quiet, and having/not having certain elements in your Emblem? But those same sources say you have to do some of the EXTREME or SUBSISTENCE remakes of previous missions, when I've heard you don't ever have to do those to beat the game? I've also heard mention about a scientist in a cutscene you exile, and I'm not sure if I've seen that?

So what do I have to do? And if it involves maxing my relationship with Quiet, what's the fastest way to do that? Do you have to do Mission 45 to beat the game?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bocam

Just keep playing side-ops with Quiet if you don't want to play the harder missions

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By John1912

Not sure, I think my relationship with Quiet was already maxed, but seemed like doing the subsistence, or other missions like total stealth unlocked the missions for me. I just did the ones I could do, and the missions unlocked after that.

Acaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Acaul

I don't know how I got 46 it just appeared as I did some of the missions before it. As for 45 you need Quiet at 100 buddy (rank?). I have finished both and still have side-ops to do and platforms to build.

Warning for 45:

if you finish that mission Quiet is no longer available as the mission puts a close on her story.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The scientist scene is pretty obvious and has a build up. You'll know when it happens. I only did one of the repeat missions and managed to unlock Mission 46 so as far as I know you don't need to complete them.

I've also heard you need to listen to the important story cassettes and have a platform upgraded to level 4 but I don't know how accurate this is.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

yeah doing a few side ops will unlock the story missions without having to do the extreme missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.