Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Some impressions

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

First off, it looks quite spectacular, and I'm really amazed at how it runs on my junk rig, a E5200 and a 9800 GT with 4 gigs. In closed environments it's always around 50, and only when there's craptons of shooting and effects it goes to around 30-25. High settings on 1280x1024, too.

However, some things were a tad off. The shooting feels odd in some moments but just right in others. The human enemies also seem somewhat brain dead; some guy ran past me and hid behind a corner, went to him after which he repeated a few times and finally started shooting. It's weird, 'cause at the same time there's situations where it suddenly gets frustratingly difficult.

With that said, I played 8 hours without stopping. It just feels like the more linear S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I've always wanted. Too bad they didn't spend some more time polishing the combat.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hmm.. thanks for helping me decide not to touch that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.