Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Microsoft Flight

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 27, 2012

Take a tour around Hawaii and Alaska in this light free-to-play reboot of the Microsoft Flight Simulator series.

What will happen in the future?

san_salvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By san_salvador

I really like MS Flight so far, but I don't care about Hawaii a lot. Does anybody know what they have planned for the future? Will I be able to fly over my good old Europe someday?

I hope they don't scale the price with the size of the surface, that could get... expensive. ^^

CzarTim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CzarTim

They have announced the state of Alaska and one new plane for the spring.

WhiteLotus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By WhiteLotus01

I am unaware of how it's modeled, but it's PROBABLY Google Map data or Bing Map data right? It's probably all done by the engine and not by any artists. So yeah... Maybe europe some day! I hope.

I really like this game. Also, is "flight club" on giantbomb a joke or a real thing? I wouldn't mind some Gamertag buddies to fly with.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By selbie

Alaska DLC incoming

I just hope they add more features like AI planes and a proper multiplayer server browser so GB players can start hosting flight club servers :D

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

@WhiteLotus01 said:

I am unaware of how it's modeled, but it's PROBABLY Google Map data or Bing Map data right? It's probably all done by the engine and not by any artists. So yeah... Maybe europe some day! I hope.

It most likely is, when the older MS flight sims came out they'd model the entire world, and that has to be all engine, I hope that with them dolling out the regions more slowly, they'll go over some of the stuff with an actual person.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Chemin
    @selbie said:

Alaska DLC incoming

I just hope they add more features like AI planes and a proper multiplayer server browser so GB players can start hosting flight club servers :D

Hell yeah, GB community server. I would be all over that shit. ...for a while at least. Yeah!
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jams

I want to like Flight, but I really don't like Hawaii either. For some reason, I don't like the tropics. Alaska sounds a lot better.

Edit: On second thought, I'd rather them handcraft the worlds more. Seeing all that flat land with buildings and stuff on them really kills my immersion. I don't care how many buttons you can press, I don't want to see flat house textures next to half assed sky scrapers.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crazyleaves

If I buy the islands do I get a plane that can do all the challenges? That's what I want to know.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crazyleaves

If I buy the islands do I get a plane that can do all the challenges? That's what I want to know.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By CastroCasper

In the launch trailer they have that Icon flying through a city and I don't think that's in Hawaii or Alaska. I am hoping for some more interesting landscapes, and hopefully bigger planes as well.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By buft

@crazyleaves said:

yep, the plane from the Islands DLC is capable of transporting goods and passengers

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Dagbiker

@WhiteLotus01 said:

I really like this game. Also, is "flight club" on giantbomb a joke or a real thing? I wouldn't mind some Gamertag buddies to fly with.

Its a Joke thing. its basically any time Dave, Vinny and Drew get together.

Also I kind of want to fly over Maryland some day, but i doubt that's a very high priority thing, perhaps a "North East U.S." Pack someday. or a "Washington D.C./Maryland/Virginia/Delaware" Pack.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By sirdesmond

America and Europe would both be great, although I am really excited for the Alaska pack. It's going to be a massive landscape and that's a beautiful place in reality (who knows how it will look once it's on the game).

I think that in a year or so this game will be stellar with lots of options and lots of fun. It's still really nice to play at the moment, but we just need more options, more locales, etc.

Also, private servers/being able to join other duders from the site would be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.