Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Help with Drugza

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Ok, so let me start by saying that I'm absolutely terrible at using the nemesis system so far. I've reached the "kill four Warchiefs" part of the game. I did the mission which introduced the Warchief mechanic and then turned my attention to Drugza. I failed so often that he is now max level ( as were his body guards, until I finally managed to pick them off). Does anyone have any tips for him? I also have a secondary problem: after my most recent death the quest seems to have reset. I've faced him several times but now suddenly I'm being asked to complete the quest to draw him out again? Not sure if that's normal.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Get intelligence on him and exploit his weaknesses. Or target another warchief get your groove back and then try Drugza. Warchiefs are random BTW, so not many people will know who he is.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't think you'll get much help unless you provide more information. The system is entirely random, so most people probably don't have Drugza as a Warchief, or if they do, he has a different spate of abilities than the one in your game.

What strengths and weaknesses does he have? What area do you need to fight him in? How is the game asking you to draw him out, etc.?

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If I remember correctly there is five warchiefs in the map. I recommend going after a different one if you can. I had huge difficulties with one of them and found the other four easy to take down.

NmareBfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like other people said, you need to tell us his strengths and weakness for any real tips (since even if he exists in our games he'll probably be totally different.) Generically, you might want to just go out and do a bunch of the sidequests or work on another Warchief for a while. If you haven't messed around with other missions you might be a little under levelled, and having more skills or health or whatever will go a long way towards making it easier no matter what you need to do to kill that guy specifically.

The quest resetting when you die is normal.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Adding onto before, if he's really super-tough to fight in open combat, fear is a really good tool. Find something he's afraid of and lure him into that. If you exploit his fear, he'll start running away and lose all his other strengths. Of course, you'll need to be johnny on the spot to run him down while he flees.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh! Ok guys, sorry I had absolutely no idea that the whole system was random, I thought that only applied to the lesser orcs. Ok, well, to draw him out I need to kill 20 orcs without being hit. The first time I did this was in the east garrison by exploiting all the enviro kills. Then I could fight him several times over without needing to draw him out until recently when the quest reset and moved to a different part of the map with far fewer environmental exploits. He is immune to ranged attacks stealth attacks and meele finishers. He's never afraid, can't be vaulted and has an attack boost. He also calls for others to join him

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Use the stun move (circle or B). That tends to help me on a lot of these guys.

Is he afraid of any creatures? Burning? Helps if he freaks out and runs away so you're not surrounded by dudes.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unleash a caragor or two on him. Try stunning him with your wraith attack then wail on him. Never saw a enemy that did not have at least 2 weaknesses.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@panelhopper: Immune to stun? Wraith stun and mash him to death might work. Otherwise I think the only way to damage him is blowing shit up close to him and running away. Are you sure he isn't afraid of anything? Because fear would disable some of the immunities. If he has a hate trigger that might also work? Not sure about that though, leaning towards it being counterproductive.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you have to blow him up and use the caragor finisher on him a bunch. He has to have at least one weakness. So what is it?

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Panelhopper

His one weakness is stealth finishers, his one fear is Ghuls. I've only encountered Ghuls out in the world and during that gollum mission, so I've no idea how to attract them. I could mash him to death if I could isolate him, but the games AI is really good so I get swamped more often than not.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can kill him with a stealth finisher instantly. Lure him out, focus just on him. Stay above him. When he lights up red, use your stealth finisher on him. Warchiefs that have a weakness to stealth finishers are the easiest.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: ok, I'll give it a good go and then just move on. Loving the game.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His bodyguards will flee when you kill him.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

See if "killing 20 orcs without getting hit" includes stealth kills. That way you'll still have all of your health by the time you have to face him.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By OldManLight

@panelhopper: That sucks man. Your options get way easier once you unlock the ability to dominate captains. If a warchief is super high level and well protected, you can just pick off his bodyguards one by one until they've all been turned against him, then target them to betray him. Then you have said warchief all alone and usually outside of a stronghold so random enemies can't interfere with a fight as much.

as for this guy, if you can find a spot to hide for a moment after you draw him out (someplace above or below him out of sight), you could get him back into a state where you can stealth finish him. alternatively, if he is damaged by combat finishers, you might have to grind for the ability that allows you to do 2 combat finishers per one combo chain. it takes a bit but taking down warchiefs got way easier after unlocking that.

I usually used this combo: stun > flurry combo > ground execute > combat finisher (combat finisher again if you have the double unlocked) > repeat until green, then dominate or execute. mind you this is only effective in a crowd of only a handful of enemies if there are any more than that best to temporarily flee and try to re-engage.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

Unleash a caragor or two on him. Try stunning him with your wraith attack then wail on him. Never saw a enemy that did not have at least 2 weaknesses.

Most of the Level 20 Legendary Warchiefs in my world have only one, and are invulnerable to basically every kind of direct assault.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His one weakness is stealth finishers, his one fear is Ghuls. I've only encountered Ghuls out in the world and during that gollum mission, so I've no idea how to attract them. I could mash him to death if I could isolate him, but the games AI is really good so I get swamped more often than not.

I wouldn't worry about trying to pull Ghuls into the fray here. You're still pretty early and I'll bet the nearest Ghul Hive is quite far from the Warchief's stronghold.

As @marcsman said, go for that stealth kill. Don't forget you can lure enemies away with the "attract" command. Use it to bring enemies to you one at a time, or use it while aiming your bow to draw them to a particular location.

Always eliminated bodyguards beforehand, as well as other captains that might hang straggling in the area.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Legion_

Dude, if he's vulnerable to stealth it's a cake walk. Stay high and strike him. That's a one-hit kill.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Brand another warchief, have him challenge Drugza and you won't have to draw him out. Unlock the ability to perform infinite combo executions for 20 seconds and you shouldn't have any problems with this fool. Warchiefs generally have weak resistance against getting stabbed in the fucking face.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Panelhopper

I finally did it last night. Stealth finished his last two bodyguards (satisfying in its own right) then accidently discovered he had a fear of burning while trying to clear the stronghold. He ran, I gave chase. Lights out. After that I unlocked Wraith finishers and everything's just got a whole lot easier.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another satisfied customer.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panelhopper: Cograts! I'm a little late but for future reference I tend to find exploiting Stealth Finishers seemed to work for me a lot, and I'm one of those that found that game to be exceptionally easy actually. Maybe that'll help you. (I know it'll only work on a few orcs, but it was generally so easy to do once you get used to it that those few orcs were always a walk in the park.)

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By stryker1121

If you separate the warchiefs from the pack, the game becomes pretty easy. Stay in the ramparts, let loose some caragors or morgul (sp) flies and you'll have the minions running. Usually can just wraith stun chiefs then go to work. Most are vulnerable to combat finishers.

Some folks here talked about the brand ability: When do you get it? I'm about 70 percent done w/ the game (14 of 20 main missions complete) and that ability hasn't unlocked yet. Is there a certain main mission I have to finish first?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By bybeach

My problem War chief for the first half was some wordplay on 'Douche'. I simply did the others to progress, but I am coming back after him . Out of seven times I even had Douche down to a button press, and I screwed up. At this late stage I am finally internalizing all four buttons in position.

Advice- The most important advice I can give is, don't die. That's not a cheap put off, you do have the option to leave and survive. It's a matter of judgment, better part of valor/live to fight another day.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach said:

My problem War chief for the first half was some wordplay on 'Douche'. I simply did the others to progress, but I am coming back after him . Out of seven times I even had Douche down to a button press, and I screwed up. At this late stage I am finally internalizing all four buttons in position.

Advice- The most important advice I can give is, don't die. That's not a cheap put off, you do have the option to leave and survive. It's a matter of judgment, better part of valor/live to fight another day.

Talion does not flee. When danger reared it's ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled. that is Sir Robin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121 said:

If you separate the warchiefs from the pack, the game becomes pretty easy. Stay in the ramparts, let loose some caragors or morgul (sp) flies and you'll have the minions running. Usually can just wraith stun chiefs then go to work. Most are vulnerable to combat finishers.

Some folks here talked about the brand ability: When do you get it? I'm about 70 percent done w/ the game (14 of 20 main missions complete) and that ability hasn't unlocked yet. Is there a certain main mission I have to finish first?

I felt like Brand unlocked very late in the story chain. Mostly because it's a titanic gamechanger. At a certain point you're able to brand in combat, similar to a finisher, and you're able to perform two consecutive finishers at a time. So by then you're literally removing two enemies from a mob every time you get a five-hit combo, sometimes coercing them to fight alongside you in real time. Super powerful. But it comes way later in the game than the point the topic creator is at.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach: yeah, I'm learning that lesson. Fast. Like you I'm planing to come back for the war chiefs I left behind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.