Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft Gone From Xbox One?

chronix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

i tried finding it today (I do not own it) and couldn't find it in the store or with bing. Where did it go?

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chronix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpr: Maybe. The store on the Xbox itself is kinda terrible.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Can rest assured it's a temporary glitch, if anything. Considering the money Microsoft just paid for Mojang, Minecraft won't be disappearing from their store. Probably like, ever.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

My first thought was something along the lines of "Minecraft is gone from the Xbone... hey that rhymes!"

I seriously doubt that Microsoft would purposefully remove a ridiculously lucrative game that they just spent 2.5 billion dollars acquiring from their marketplace, or if they did it wouldn't be without very good reason.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My first thought was something along the lines of "Minecraft is gone from the Xbone... hey that rhymes!"

Hate to burst your bubble, but that doesn't rhyme.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@believer258 said:

"Gone" and "bone" do not rhyme?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@believer258: No. Those words are just spelled similarly. Gone and John rhyme. Bone and Phone rhyme.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justin258

@counterclockwork87 said:

@believer258: No. Those words are just spelled similarly. Gone and John rhyme. Bone and Phone rhyme.

I have never heard "gone" pronounced in a way that sounds similar to "John" at all, I have always heard it pronounced... well, like "bone" except with a hard "g" instead of a "b".

Bone, phone, hone, gone, prone, clone...

EDIT: Since it will likely be relevant in this derailing - I'm from the American south, North Carolina.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@believer258: I was in North Carolina for a stretch this year, but I didn't run into any hillbilly rhyming. I was around the Charlotte area though, so it was pretty boring and twang-free.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@believer258: I live in NC and will personally throw you out of the state if you pronounce "gone" like you do "bone."

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Legion_

@baillie said:

@believer258 said:

"Gone" and "bone" do not rhyme?

No. Not unless you pronounce gone or bone in really weird ways. Gone is pronounced "gonn" while bone is pronounced "boan".

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: @a_cute_squirtle: @galacticpunt:

You guys really think that this sounds nothing like this? And one you thinks that this sounds like this?

Oh well.

Words and phrases that rhyme with gone: (498 results)
    1 syllable:
    aune, baughn, baun, bon, bonn, bonne, braun, braune, brawn, bronn, caan, chon, con, conn, conn., craun, cron, daane, daun, dawn, dohn, don, donn, draughn, drawn, dwan, faughn, fawn, flawn, frohn, gawne, gohn, haan, hahn, han, haughn, haun, hawn, hohn, hon, honn, hron, huan, hwan, jaan, john, jon, jonn, juan, jwan, kahn, khan, kohn, kon, kron, kuan, kwan, kwon, laun, lawn, lian, lohn, lon, maune, mohn, monn, non, on, pawn, pon, pran, praun, prawn, quan, quon, raun, rohn, ron, ronne, schon, schwahn, schwan, sean, shaun, shawn, shon, sohn, sonn, sonne, spahn, spawn, splawn, spohn, straughn, strawn, swan, swann, thon, tian, tonn, tron, vaughan, vaughn, von, wan, wann, xan, xian, xuan, yaun, yawn, yohn, yon, zaun, zhan, zon

No bone. In standard English no one pronounces it that way. You must speak incorrectly son!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.