Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft Snapshot 12w41a: Pretty Scary Update.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SexyToad

So today is thursday! Which means another snapshot! I skipped the last two weeks update, since it was mainly just fixes and not much new stuff. But some new stuff are that doors, levers, buttons, and so in are no longer operated with the left mouse button, but with the right mouse button. Today we have the anvil!

Here are various screenshots:

Pretty cool right? The "block" had the same gravity settings as gravel or sand but the dupe glitch was still there, so Nathan Adams made the block have "normal" settings. The anvil can also add together enchantments! So of you have level 4 unbreakable with a level 4 unbreakable it will become a level 5 unbreakable. (following me?) The anvil will take the highest enchantment levelout of the 2, if they're the same it goes up one.

(That's how I think it works.) Alao the anvil can be just for reparing as well.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Holy crap, what have I been missing from Minecraft the last few months of me not playing it?!

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vikingdeath1

Wow..... Tools have Buffs??? (I haven't played minecraft in probably a year)

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap

Yeah I stopped playing a fair time ago, what have I missed? Buffs for tools!?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By david3cm

Having not played minecraft on pc in almost 2 years, what do the buffs entail?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mosespippy

@vikingdeath1: Dude, tools, armour and weapons can have buffs. Things like flame resistance or faster mining make things much easier. Pair it with potions like a speed potion and the game becomes much faster. Go update and try out new things.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

@EquitasInvictus: @vikingdeath1: @Soap: @david3cm: They're enchantments.Some let you mine faster, some lets you mine more (instead of getting kne diamond, you may get 3.) some preserves your tool for longer.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SexyToad

Whoops, anvils are actually affected by gravity. They can not be pushed by pistons though. My bad.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

As someone who is playing the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, this looks downright insane.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By GS_Dan

@Gamer_152 said:

As someone who is playing the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, this looks downright insane.

The difference is crazy, you should try out the PC version if you can.

weslava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weslava

I just cant wait for 1.4 to be released. This Halloween will be the greatest. Anvils is an excellent addition to Minecraft.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.