Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Stealth account steal

Twazuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Twazuk

So I log into Gmail today, as it is my homepage, and lo and behold I get an email from Mojang asking me about my recent request to change my email associated with the account. All fine and dandy.

Except I never requested an email change.

I haven't even logged into my Mojang or Minecraft account in ages.

So I log into my account and immediately notice that the name of my Minecraft account instead of being the one I use for most everything (see username here), it's now CruelGuy_YT. Oh dear.

I have no idea who this guy is, but it seems he's been using my account since around February and a google search of the name only brings up links to minecraft skins and some russian looking sites.

To cut a long story short I changed the name and password of the account. If he wants to keep playing Minecraft he can buy a copy. Or jack another account?

No Caption Provided

Have any of you had something similar happen? Maybe with another game? Why not share your experience.

And hey, maybe check on your old accounts from time to time.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By chilibean_3

My Blizzard account once got locked up for being a spam account or something. I didn't know about it for years.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Same thing happened to me. Then I got about 20 emails as this kid attempted to reset my password again.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Same thing happened to me. Then I got about 20 emails as this kid attempted to reset my password again.

Damn kids...get off my Minecraft account!

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I had a similar thing happen with my old forgotten Rockstar account. I got an email that my password had been changed, I reset it and log in to find the default language had been changed to Russian. I had the account deleted because I hadn't used it in years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.