Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

How much is $15 worth?

Infamousn89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Infamousn89

If you know anything about MW2, then you have heard the uproar many fans have started with paying 15 bucks for 5 maps. Now everyone is fairly entitled to their own opinion, and yes, I wasn'tt happy with it either, but allow me to analyze the real value. 5 maps. OK so we all know 5 is not a very large number in most respects, but the fact is that the 5 is representing maps, large playgrounds to add to your war murder needs. Even though 2 are old favorites, that should not take away the value or void the fact that once you pay that 15 bucks, those maps are yours! Use division and you now have 3 bucks a map, which when you look at it that way, that seems like a decent value to me. Now if they would have taken the Gears of War 2 route, and re-skinned the old maps, the question of value would seem rediculous to me. Now I'm a 21 year old guy, working register at my local Wal-Mart. I pay bills, I have needs. But if I am a serious enough MW2 player where I feel that I really want these maps, where I know I will spend countless hours calling in UAVs, then 15 dollars seems like a great deal to me. Trust me, I've payed $20 for a lot worse. So hopefully I made my point clear, and all who disagree won't look at this as a beckon for argument. I 100% understand why you will not all agree with me, and I would appreciate any input from your side.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nick_verissimo

Seeing as you pay 2 bucks a song in Rock Band, 3 bucks a map doesn't sound all that bad.  Sure, you could probably get something better for $15, but if you're playing that game a lot then it doesn't really seem like a big deal in my mind. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

I think the standard $10 is too much for a three-map pack. $15 is just insane to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fifteen bucks is a single meal where I'm at, and I'd take food over Call of Duty just about any day of the week.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

well sure it's $15, two of them are premade from 4. on 4 those map packs were only $10. it came with 5 maps both of them were new maps. some people out there just think that the game sucks.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

1,500 pennies
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'd rather buy some arcade games!

OpenWideToSwim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OpenWideToSwim

cool

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

Last time I checked, $15 was worth about $15.

Heyo!

jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By jasondaplock

For someone like me (and I assume this would apply to most here), I operate on a rather strict budget when it comes to games, both in time and money. Even if 6 to 8 hours of play a day were my norm, the catalog of great games both present and past I want to play is large enough that extending the life of a game I played to death, even one as entertaining as MW2, would force me to wait even longer to uncover other gems I have glossed over because of it. 

$15 is not bank-breaking, but it is substantial enough that it would push back my next game purchase and for that reason alone I can't justify it. And at the end of the day, it really is just more scenery around which to shoot dudes in the face.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Interfect

Too bad MW2 itself isn't worth 15 bones.

But to be a little more on topic, You make a good point 3 bucks a map is not bad if you love the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.