Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Is MW2 (PS3) multi alright?

Avatar image for martinvsyolatengo
    martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By martinvsyolatengo

I read a week ago or so that due to the recent PS3 hack, MW2 was virtually unplayable. So I'm looking to rent the game, but I want to know if they found a way to keep the hackers away. Hopefully someone can help.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By bicycleham
    @martinvsyolatengo said:
    " I read a week ago or so that due to the recent PS3 hack, MW2 was virtually unplayable. So I'm looking to rent the game, but I want to know if they found a way to keep the hackers away. Hopefully someone can help. "
    Don't do it. Unless you want to play Global Thermonuclear War, Shitty zombies, and have people jumping 100 feet in the air. If you like that kind of stuff, go ahead.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By X19

Once it's hacked you can't go back. 

martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By martinvsyolatengo

I'm guessin' they won't fix it... I'll wait until Black ops is available, then. Thanks, by the way,

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Aus_azn

The 3.56 system update fixed quite a bit of the hacked servers with modded exp, gravity etc; there's still a smaller situation with invincibility and autoaim (no hitboxes).

A friend of mine did an informal survey, joining 58 games on varied playlists pre-patch, 56 lobbies were hacked to unplayability.
    I just finished doing something similar post-patch, I joined about 22 servers, two was server-side hacked, one had one unkillable player, and 4 had autoaimers. 7/22, not nearly as bad.

All in all, I think this is a step in the right direction; it's definitely not completely fixed.

martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By martinvsyolatengo
    @Aus_azn: This is better. Maybe I'll try it for a week. Thanks!
    maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maa4208

I was over at my cousin's house and I saw someone have a fully automatic 105mm AC130. It was unbelievable. Personally it ruined it for me just watching it. I would wait for it to be fixed entirely.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

How does the hack affect Modern Warfare 2?

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By randiolo

i was playing it last week and its been hacked wide open, aim bots, invincibility, instant kill streaks.. you name it..which is totally screwed for me since im purposely not buying Black ops because mw2 multiplayer is just better.. well.. was..    

side note: maybe they dont want to fix it so if forces you to buy the latest version... who knows 

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grissefar

It is hacked to heck. I just played it for the first time in 8 months, joined maybe 15 servers and 2 of them were hacked. One had people with aimbot, wallhack, killstreak spawner etc. I could see his hack menu from the killcam. Later I joined a server with wierd noise problems and a unlock all counter. Sure enough, after exiting the match I was lvl 70 with every emblem and challenge unlocked.

It's sad because I hoped that stuff would stay on the xbox.

Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hawk456

i tried it yesterday and mw2 multiplayer is shit on the ps3 - website adress flashing on the screen, invincible players, etc...  i regret buying the map packs - lesson learned!
    Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawk456

Update... now that PSN is up and running again, multiplayer is working and the websites and youtube video names only flash on a small part of the screen insead of the entire screen.  Is that considered fixed?  And it could be me but it felt like not only could I not kill anyone but one shot and I was killed by anyone else.  And I haven't seen any of the map packs that I bought, come up in rotation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.