Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 free weekend initial impressions

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Dingofighter

I have always thought MW2's multiplayer would be pretty boring, mainly because of the small maps and incredibly wierd hacks and stuff I've heard about. 
    Though I've always wanted to try it out since pretty much all of my gaming friends say it's great, so when I saw the free weekend on Steam I quickly preloaded it and waited.  

It didn't start out well since when the game got unlocked I still had to download another 8GB (I think) since the preload only let me download 4GB (I see why they wouldn't let you preload everything if they were scared of someone unlocking it or something, but to leave out 8GB is just ridiculous if you ask me) 
    When it was finally downloaded, I booted it up and joined a game of Free-for-all. 
    The first thing I noticed was how smooth everything felt which immediately made me like the game more and want to keep playing, it made a good first impression.
    What happened next was something I was not expecting at all, I was in the lead, I thought everyone was going to be all ''pro-style'' and shoot me around every corner, especially since almost everyone in the game was around level 60. Even though I got bumped down to fourth place before the game ended, I still wanted to play even more, which I did.   

Next I joined a Team Deathmatch game and this time it didn't go as well as the first time but I still had a good time, except for one thing, Killstreaks. The one thing that brought the game down for me was being blown up by huge explosions from the sky when I was trying to have a good time with my gun shooting people. 
    I can see why many people think killstreaks is fun and since I have only played the game for about an hour or two I still haven't unlocked many of them so maybe I will learn to appreciate them after playing some more.  
    Right now I have way more respect for MW2 than I had before and I will keep playing for the free weekend, and while I think it is a good game it still hasn't made me want to buy the game but you never know.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dingofighter

I have always thought MW2's multiplayer would be pretty boring, mainly because of the small maps and incredibly wierd hacks and stuff I've heard about. 
    Though I've always wanted to try it out since pretty much all of my gaming friends say it's great, so when I saw the free weekend on Steam I quickly preloaded it and waited.  

It didn't start out well since when the game got unlocked I still had to download another 8GB (I think) since the preload only let me download 4GB (I see why they wouldn't let you preload everything if they were scared of someone unlocking it or something, but to leave out 8GB is just ridiculous if you ask me) 
    When it was finally downloaded, I booted it up and joined a game of Free-for-all. 
    The first thing I noticed was how smooth everything felt which immediately made me like the game more and want to keep playing, it made a good first impression.
    What happened next was something I was not expecting at all, I was in the lead, I thought everyone was going to be all ''pro-style'' and shoot me around every corner, especially since almost everyone in the game was around level 60. Even though I got bumped down to fourth place before the game ended, I still wanted to play even more, which I did.   

Next I joined a Team Deathmatch game and this time it didn't go as well as the first time but I still had a good time, except for one thing, Killstreaks. The one thing that brought the game down for me was being blown up by huge explosions from the sky when I was trying to have a good time with my gun shooting people. 
    I can see why many people think killstreaks is fun and since I have only played the game for about an hour or two I still haven't unlocked many of them so maybe I will learn to appreciate them after playing some more.  
    Right now I have way more respect for MW2 than I had before and I will keep playing for the free weekend, and while I think it is a good game it still hasn't made me want to buy the game but you never know.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Robiin

I agree with you, the ridiculous killstreaks are what made me stop having fun. It makes you camp in-doors, and that is not fun in my opinion.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hicks91

if there was a no kill streaks, or just cod4 kill streaks (i think they would work pretty well) playlists then i would so start playing this game again

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they took out Chopper gunner, AC-130, and Predator Missile this game would be a lot more interesting.

I didn't list tactical nuke since I haven't seen one since December.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

Some of the killstreaks just piss me off sometimes. Predator missile being one of them. If you're outside and somebody calls in a predator missile(which are easy to get) 90% of the time I die, and when somebody calls in an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner, I'm forced to just stand inside a building or I die. And if I do die, I usually spawn outside right onto more gunshots/explosions.

I honestly would have preferred them to just keep the COD4 killstreaks.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Bionicicide

Use Cold Blooded people, sheesh.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    @Bionicicide said:
    " Use Cold Blooded people, sheesh. "
    Yes, I'll use a perk I don't feel like using just because the killstreaks are retarded.

I shouldn't be forced to use a perk just because it's impossible to go outside when somebody gets a killstreak.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1
    @Bionicicide said:
    " Use Cold Blooded people, sheesh. "
    this. just hide where no one will shoot you and use cold blooded to shoot the thing down.  

when you do this, the kill streaks become much less of a problem. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.