Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

No Modern Warfare 2 On Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Infinity Ward have now confirmed that Modern Warfare 2 will not be coming to the Wii, despite impressive sales of WaW version on the console.

"The game is also slated for PC and PS3. Repeating an inquiry from last week, I asked about whether there would be a Call of Duty brand property or a Modern Warfare for Wii this year — given the million-plus sales of 2008's CoD: World At War on the Wii. An Activision rep in attendance confirmed that there are no plans for MW2 to come to Nintendo's system"
    Kotaku

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Ah, that sucks for Wii players I guess.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Seems like a pretty stupid move, considering the sales of the first. Ah well, whatcha gonna do . . .

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By c_rakestraw

I expected as much. Still, that does kinda suck for those who wanted it to come to the Wii. I guess they'll have to wait for the next Call of Duty game by Treyarch, seeing as they're the ones who have brought the series to the Wii in the past.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

It would be an inferior version in my opinion, as are most ports to the Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Finally a confirmation, ending the debate. Good. I would have played it as World At War benefited greatly from the controls (The flamethrower!), but that's fine by me. The world can do with less Call of Duty.

-sigh- Would you like me  to do the list of ports and show you how many are rated equally or higher than their counterparts?
    Should I ask how many ports you actually played on the console?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

A quick check-up on the console libraries and Metacritic showed that
    1.The Wii does not have a larger amount of ports and multiplats; multiplats on PS3, 360 are of course much more frequent
    2. In 90% of cases, Sports games are rated significantly higher on the Wii
    3. I counted slightly more than 30 ports/multiplats. Out of those,
    --- 9 were rated highest on the Wii
    --- 5 were rated lowest on the Wii

Wii ports equal or above their other console counterparts in score include: Call of Duty: World At War, The Force Unleashed, Godfather, Bully, all Rock Bands and Guitar Heroes, Broken Sword, Medal of Honor, Tomb Raider, All NPC titles, all GCN ports, all PSP ports and of course all sports games.

There aren't many multiplats on the consoles, and out of those, more than 2/3 are rated equal or higher on the Wii.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

NOOOOOOO   I guess I have to this game on my 360 now......   lol

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Not surprised one bit. Well, I was going to play it on 360 anyway.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

As a tradition, I always get a CoD copy on PC above all others. I will get the 360 version later though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Meowayne: You can't possibly be saying that those ports are better than their Xbox 360/PS3 counter-parts...  Even if they scored higher, it could just possbily mean that they did a good job porting it to the Wii with the most features possible and that it's a great game for the Wii.  Except for sports games because of the controller, most parts are inevitably going to be better on the 360/PS3.  The rating of a game does not necessarily mean the quality of the game.
    Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Not surprised. CoD:WaW Wii version was too limited in my opinion. I think they just didn't want to limit the players on the Wii with the content they can put on the Wii.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Akeldama
    @Meowayne said: 
    -sigh- Would you like me  to do the list of ports and show you how many are rated equally or higher than their counterparts? Should I ask how many ports you actually played on the console? "
    if you seriously think the MW2 port for the Wii is even POSSIBLE, you are retarded. It would be a downgraded version and most likely a half assed one at that. Ports like RE4 on the Wii were amazing (and possible). This is impossible with the Wii's hardware. 
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PercyChuggs

Infinity Ward hates having their game farmed out to Treyarch, so why would they want to give Modern Warfare 2 to someone else so they can make a mediocre Wii version?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By lemon360

Yes!! thats awesome! Infinity ward isn't whoring off a great game to a sleazy console!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By oldschool
    @lemon360 said:
    " Yes!! thats awesome! Infinity ward isn't whoring off a great game to a sleazy console! "
    I agree.  Everytime I pass my Wii, it opens its slot in some sleazy way to entice me to put something in it.  I relent, how can I say no to that little white box.  :-)
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude
    @oldschool said:
    " @lemon360 said:
    " Yes!! thats awesome! Infinity ward isn't whoring off a great game to a sleazy console! "
    I agree.  Everytime I pass my Wii, it opens its slot in some sleazy way to entice me to put something in it.  I relent, how can I say no to that little white box.  :-)
    "
    I like it when it burns blue.

Imagine it black and burning blue.

Now I'm hot... not red hot, but blue hot.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By oldschool
    @Claude said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @lemon360 said:
    "
    I like it when it burns blue. Imagine it black and burning blue. Now I'm hot... not red hot, but blue hot. "
    Ooh, we should start our own dirty old man club Claude  :-)   

I won't say anything about not saying no to a little black box though    xP
    500xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 500xp
    @JJOR64 said:
    " NOOOOOOO   I guess I have to this game on my 360 now......   lol "
    LOL
    deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deadmonkeys

WAW came out on the Wii? Holy crap, I didn't even know!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Godwind
    @Akeldama said:
    " @Meowayne said: 
    -sigh- Would you like me  to do the list of ports and show you how many are rated equally or higher than their counterparts? Should I ask how many ports you actually played on the console? "
    if you seriously think the MW2 port for the Wii is even POSSIBLE, you are retarded. It would be a downgraded version and most likely a half assed one at that. Ports like RE4 on the Wii were amazing (and possible). This is impossible with the Wii's hardware. 
    "

It is quite possible to port MW2 to the Wii.  Of course at the loss of graphics.  First person shooters have been around a lot longer than the Wii has been around.

Wii Version

Xbox 360 version

As you can see, It is call of duty world at war on the Wii.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By jonnyboy

Let's face it unless it's a Modern Warfare 2 mini games collection like grenade juggling or bayonette waving, what's the point?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic

damn i wanted to play it on my wii so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad !!

oh wait i dont have a wii

PC 4eva. recognize!!
    Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hilbert

Call of Duty on the WII? Talking about retro gaming jeeez. You'd have to bo be some stubborn son of a bitch to be willing to play that shit while your friends are playing it in gorgeous graphics on their 360/Ps3's

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Benjaminvdv

Anyone who says ports to the Wii are better then the original is a dumbass... seriously.

I'll put this as simple as possible, the Wii's hardware is inferior, so that gets worse, the Wii controllers has less button, so that gets worse, that's it, it can't be better.

Oh and just incase this is all very confusing for you, if a Wii version has different/new stuff then you can't call it a port. A port is simply when they take a game, put it on another platform and remove stuff to make it fit on the console, when they start adding stuff, whether it's motion controls or a map or anything else, then they are doing more then just porting a game.

As for this game, if they wanted to make the game on the Wii, then they could either port it which simply could not be better then the PC/360/PS3 version, or they could modify the game to make it good for on the Wii.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r

So you're saying all ports are worse and that almost no ports actually exist on the Wii since almost all of them add something like motion controls at the very least. Lol. What do you call it just because it has pointer controls then, a remake? Lol.

Anyway, nobody said ports are better, some said however they prefer ports. You know, much like people here prefer the 360 or PS3 version of something because they prefer sticks over mouse, or simply because that's the platform they own. It makes sense, no? Despite the PC version being superior in graphics (especially since most 360 owners game on SD TVs), the keyboard having tons more keys than buttons, the mouse more speed and precision, etc. Yeah, people can feel free to prefer that and not care for compromises. Guess what, Wii owners can act similarly and prefer elements of a Wii version despite its shortcomings. But hey, let's hang and ridicule them for that, for acting like any gamer out there. Lol.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By mikemcn

Why does every post involving a wii devolve in to trolling?

FANBOYS, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!'

But, i dont mind, i actually have a computer that can run modern warfare, so im going to get it for that, but when i had my old computer, i turned to WAW for wii, and loved it. I sorta wish they went ahead with it anyways, i have relatives who would love a good shooter for the wii.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

It doesn't deserve to be on the Wii

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiquidPrince

Oh really?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NinjaHunter

Unless you only own a Wii I don't think anybody would care. People that own multiple consoles will get it for the PS3/360.

Infinity Ward isn't worried about money, COD4 did amazingly well on the platforms it was released on and they are focused on those versions for MW2. If they were to bring it to the Wii they would most likely either finish that version first then port it for a later date, which I doubt they will do or give the port to another studio and we all know how they feel about outsiders touching their stuff.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
    @Meowayne: Oh bullshit. You know Wii games are compared directly to 360 or PS3 games. Even Nintendo said the system isn't in competition with those two, because it CAN'T be in competition. Point is those ports are rated against games in the genre on the Wii. CoD:WaW wasn't rated in comparison to the next gen counterparts - if it was, it would have gotten like a 50% score across the board. Compared to the next gen versions the Wii versions usually suck but are usually decent or good for the game in that genre on the system.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

dang, that sucks for wii gamers. meh, it's alright i think most of the people who play video games that have a wii have something else that they play.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By TwoOneFive

it saves wii users the agony of playing through a half-assed version of a great game. 

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThomasP

I could care less, but it sucks for those who were looking forward to it.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I think it is mainly because of the Wii's shaky online service, which, unfortunately for Wii owners, is the major selling point for the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.