Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

No Prestige Edition for PC Modern Warfare 2

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463
    Any one else get REALLLLLLLLLLLLY pissed off about this? I was going to buy the game but now I refuse to. I dont buy any game that shortchanges the PC version they release. The new Batman: Arkham Asylum did the same thing too. I swear if EA does this to Dragon Age I'm buying something that goes boom and hunting the people who make this shit happen.

Its sad when they wont even let me give them my money. I hope this trend of fucking over the PC versions in Collector editions as well as content stops soon. Its getting real old fast. Especially when they do it to franchises that had their popularity built around the PC. If it wasnt for the PC platform I highly doubt Call of Duty would of gotten as far as it did.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Did you really want that 150 dollar waste of money? Im getting the regular edition anyway

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crusader8463
    @Venatio: Kind of ya. Even if they turn out to function badly they still look cool. Plus its not so much that i cant get the goggles now, as it's just another slap in the face to the PC. Its making me sick and tired to see this industry pissing on the PC platform more and more every day.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@crusader8463: That sucks for those who want this edition for their PC, but just because they haven't talked about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I saw a similar topic on the Infinity Ward forums, and the users there just think that it's not announced yet.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crusader8463
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell: I hope so. But its on the EB games website as no PC version. And the link from their twitter page links to that as the first place to go buy the game. So i cant see the reasoning behind waiting to say its coming out for the PC.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, similar to how the PS3 version was being ignored. I dunno tbh, just a possibility it just hasn't been announced yet. Strange stuff....
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Aw, man, this sucks. I wanted them' goggles a-real bad. :(

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Binman88

I think it's doing the PC gamers a favour to be honest. I wouldn't mind the Steelbook for my shelf though, but Steelbook editions are usually sold for the same price as regular editions, just limited. I'll be getting the regular plastic box.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusader8463

As i said I'm more pissed off about them just not fully supporting the PC platform then not getting the items them selves. It makes me very mad when i see the PC getting short changed again and again and again. Especially when its from games that made a name for them selves on that platform. Oh well. i guess i didn't need another giant head statue sitting in the corner anyway. But if the NVG turn out to be awesome quality then i will be madder.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By jakob187

The fact that we get to play it on a superior platform is prestige enough, sir.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Cerza

I'm not surprised, but at least they are releasing it for PC.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    I could not care in the slightest, especially given the fact it would cost around 200 pounds here.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zombie2011

Whoever buys the prestige edition is an idiot. What do people expect to do with them you're not Sam Fisher, their just gonna sit on your table and everytime you look at them your gonna realize what a waste of money they were.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superfriend
    @crusader8463: The game coming with no goggles doesn´t make the game itself worse, right? Missing out on one of the years biggest titles because of this would be a big mistake. But hey, you can always play WoW, that one won´t ever do anything for any console.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crusader8463

i just want them to fulfill that little kid inside of me's dream of owning NVG. One trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night in the dark and it would of been worth the money. I guess I'm not so mad that we are not getting it. Its that the PC version doesn't get something that everything else does. It just always feels like a slap in the face to me when the PC version doesn't get access to stuff the other ones do. Its like them saying that they don't care enough about the platform to even bother to give it the same level of support as the others. Which in turn makes me not want to care about their game anymore.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

I don't really care myself since I am going to get it for Xbox 360 and only buying the regular edition.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie
    @CitizenKane said:
    " I don't really care myself since I am going to get it for Xbox 360 and only buying the regular edition. "
    BUT NIGHT VISION GOGGLES KANE!!! IMAGINE ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD DO WITH THEM
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#18  Edited By citizenkane
    @Pie said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " I don't really care myself since I am going to get it for Xbox 360 and only buying the regular edition. "
    BUT NIGHT VISION GOGGLES KANE!!! IMAGINE ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD DO WITH THEM "
    With my money situation tight(my on-campus job doesn't start back up until late August and it doesn't exactly pay the best) and wanting many games this Fall, I have to conserve money anyway I can.  That means only buying regular edition of games.  Hell, the last non-regular edition of a game I bought was the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 almost two years ago.

I am more interested in seeing the all-but-certain video on Giant Bomb of all the staff members trying out the night vision goggles.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By warxsnake

i dont care, how old are you, honestly, to care about having half-assed Mattel-made NVG goggles and running around your neighborhood with them while everyone laughs at you?

Not to be an ass but I really don't get this prestige edition. It's like a product that's marketed to 14 year olds who arent even supposed to be playing the M rated game.

If you want it as a art piece to have on your shelf, then that's fine, but then it wouldn't need to be functional, and you wouldn't have to pay 3/4 of the price for it. Also, it doesnt look anything like a real ANVIS AN/PVS or Gen3 NVG goggle set so what's the point of displaying it.

yiiiieaaaa, I dont get it and dont care.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zombie2011
    @Pie said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    BUT NIGHT VISION GOGGLES KANE!!! IMAGINE ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD DO WITH THEM "

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DRE7777

Stop getting your panties tied in a knot about the extra stupid shit that comes with the game as a ploy to get idiots to shell out extra doe for the same product. Just be happy your getting the game cause thats the whole point, PLAYING THE GAME!!

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo

Who the fuck cares? The Prestige Edition looks shitty anyway. Why would you want half-assed night vision goggles?

UnrealSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UnrealSniper

Well besides that we are not getting that version, we are being charged 10 dollars more than usual for a new game.

alphaaspif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By alphaaspif
    @UnrealSniper said:
    " Well besides that we are not getting that version, we are being charged 10 dollars more than usual for a new game. "
    Really? I thought it was common for PC versions of games to be 10 dollars less but I haven't bought a PC game in a really long time so I might be wrong.
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fallen_elite
    @alphaaspif said:
    " @UnrealSniper said:
    " Well besides that we are not getting that version, we are being charged 10 dollars more than usual for a new game. "
    Really? I thought it was common for PC versions of games to be 10 dollars less but I haven't bought a PC game in a really long time so I might be wrong. "
    Activision seems to be the first to step up and charge extra. PC games generally retail for $40-$50.
    alphaaspif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alphaaspif
    @fallen_elite said:
    " @alphaaspif said:
    " @UnrealSniper said:
    Really? I thought it was common for PC versions of games to be 10 dollars less but I haven't bought a PC game in a really long time so I might be wrong. "
    Activision seems to be the first to step up and charge extra. PC games generally retail for $40-$50. "
    Are there going to be map packs released? Would the extra money being charged be to cover those?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoelTGM

I am absolutely shaken by this news.  Now I have nothing to waste my money on...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrKlorox

WTF

What a ridiculous thread. As a PC centric gamer you're used to spending ridiculous amounts of money on hardware. You wouldn't buy a cheap shitty gfx card would you? Then why would you pay $150 for a $80 pair of toy night vision goggles? You know how to use Google... buy a real pair and the standard boxed/digital edition. Either way you're overpaying.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By keyhunter

All you PC gamers are going to pirate it anyways, what are you complaining about?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrKlorox
    @keyhunter: FYI, MW2 is a multiplayer-centric game, and that's something that cannot be done with a pirated copy. That's why you still find MW1 for $40+ USD, two years and a sequel later... even for just a cd key.

edit: Hell, if they could charge you twice, they would. Notice they don't have a way to register you cd key with them and get a downloadable version like with EA and EADM? I'm expecting a download-only version of the MW2 multiplayer available for XBL and PSN that you'll have to buy if you want to play the MP without having to swap discs all the time. And the COD sheep will buy it, again.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By c1337us

That sucks for the people that wanted get PC from the begining. I was always going to go down the console path so I decided the extra was worth it for the Prestige no matter what the quality ofhe nvg's are. Because as Jeff said in the Bombcast. If they do turn out crappy and I trash them rough housin' well I still got the game and other crap to mess around with to absorb the cost. The bit of fun out of the nvg's its just a bonus.

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fallen_elite
    @alphaaspif said:
    " Are there going to be map packs released? Would the extra money being charged be to cover those? "
    Yeah I'm almost positive that there are going to be map packs released for it. I don't think anybody knows if they are going to charge for those on PC, but they were free in CoD 4 and World at War if that means anything.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax

You're pathetic if you refuse to buy the game because they got rid of the most expensive version for your console.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nick69
    @jakob187 said:
    " The fact that we get to play it on a superior platform is prestige enough, sir. "
    That is true.  Plus I wouldn't want to spend 150 on a game + some nvg's that I'll never use.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By mikemcn
    @keyhunter said:
    "All you PC gamers are going to pirate it anyways, what are you complaining about?"

Shut up, seriously, your making an ass of yourself..... 

But there is no reason for it, and i want crappy NVGs damn it! Oh wait i was going to buy it on steam, well...... this still sucks
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iam3green

dang that sucks. i have u say that u could probably buy the night vision goggles and metal art book off of ebay for something a lot cheaper that they are selling it for.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That sucks, I reserved it for 360 back in July. There's a lot of hate for it, and I think some people can't afford it so some people are jealous.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Im not suprised i picked up hardended edition for the cod1 xbla code but im not gonan pay 150 for night vision goggles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.