Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

The tactical Nuke.

• 64 results
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

I am by no means a COD or MW or CODMW2 or whatever you call it ,but my 12 brother sits on I yoga ball all god damn day gettting a tactical nuke and thinking he's hot shit for it. The tactical nuke is by far the dumbest weapons in games. OMG lets make a weapon that ruins all the other players experince by ending the game. The nuke is stupid.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

It happens so rarely that it is a fun addition I think.  I roll around with an EMP instead, they are quite underrated.  Plus I've heard they cancel nukes if you feel like someone is going to get one.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Evilsbane
    @fwylo said:
    " It happens so rarely that it is a fun addition I think.  I roll around with an EMP instead, they are quite underrated.  Plus I've heard they cancel nukes if you feel like someone is going to get one. "
    That is a myth.
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Belonpopo
    @fwylo:
    Are you fucking stupid he's played 7 games with 6 nukes before.
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Kohe321

I like the nuke. I blew off another one last night.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Whisperkill

....what the fuck are you trying to say?

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HayFourZee
    @fwylo: Actually Thats not true:  
    cess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cess

I see a nuke in almost 1/2 the games I play.  Feels good to get one but it's getting old fast.  Harrier > Chopper Gunner/AC130 > nuke is not that difficult....

pawsoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By pawsoffury

If the opposing team has let a player on the opposition get 25 (or 24 with Hardline) kills then the game is pretty much over anyway. Just by the average K/D ratio of a player  being around 1.2  if you let a team get 10 kills (100 points) ahead it's very unlikely - short of getting a lucky carepackage - to come back from.

Rather than ruin it for the other team, it's pointing out that they're doing something wrong, E.g. Not communicating efficiently as a team or camping rather than actively seeking this guy out on the map to end his streak.

If anything it adds risk to the better players to try and get a few extra kills for the prestige of a nuke rather than camp in a corner (or a roof) which is more likely to get them killed then end the game. I've personally clocked up over 8 days playtime on multiplayer so far reaching the 3rd prestige and I've only seen one player (in a domination match where kill streaks carry over) get a nuke legit without using a ringer on the opposing team.

If you're 12 year old brother managed it without using the tactical insertion spawn cheat then hats off to him he can boast he is the 'hot shit'. Though without evidence calling his bluff on the tactical insertion cheat will most likely piss him off big time.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fwylo
    @Belonpopo said:
    " @fwylo: Are you fucking stupid he's played 7 games with 6 nukes before. "
    Woa kid no need for the anger.
    Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Andheez

IT IS TERRIBLE!!

IT has absolutely ruined objective games.  If you want to use it on deathmatch, okay, but to say that when someon gets 25 kills in a row their team is winning in an objective game is stupid.  I have played WAY too many games where people sit there and obsess over getting a nuke and their KD ratio, while the bomb just sits there untouched by anyone but me.  I would imagine my KD ratio is not very good, but my win ratio has to be at like 95%+ because I actually try to complete the objective of the game, when everyone else is camping a random corner or some BS like that.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By AvD
    @Belonpopo said:

Haha, what a douche.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By subject2change

People only get nukes because;

A. you are playing ground war
    B. you are playing with/against bad players that;
    don't shoot down harriers, ac130s/choppers.
    don't have cold blooded on.
    run around like morons when ac130s/chopper gunners are out.
    attempt to get payback kills against players clearly leagues better than them.

Also if he has only played 7 games and has nuked unlocked; you are clearly full of shit. Also nukes are rewarding, if you can get 25 killstreaks without dying then good for you. I've pulled off one in Ground War but don't play that mode regularly anymore.

HC DM and HC HQ Pro; people don't go for nukes in these games and really have no chance of getting em off. Lastly i've seen 4 or 5 nukes after 88 hours of MP (on PC). 2 were back to back games from the same person, shit was insane. 1 was from me, 1 was when I was level 35 or so. And I believe thats all of em, might of been another but wasn't memorable.

And no you cannot EMP a Nuke.

Katsumoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Katsumoto

The Nuke is fair. Honestly, if you let someone on the other team kill your team 25 straight times, you deserve to lose. I personally have never been nuked (I'm level 60 on prestige 1), but I can imagine being like "shit, we really fucked up" when it happens.

However, I have had someone on my team get the nuke. That's pretty lame, especially when you are having a good game.   =P

ekkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ekkers

Got my first nuke yesterday and it's a great feeling. It's a fair reward for racking up 25 FUCKING KILLS in a row.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Lies

I earned my first nuke yesterday, then some fucker on the other team called one in literally less than a second before I could activate mine.

I raged.

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valco

It doesn't happen that often, calm the fuck down and form your sentences properly.
    cess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cess
    @Ekkers said:
    " Got my first nuke yesterday and it's a great feeling. It's a fair reward for racking up 25 FUCKING KILLS in a row. "
    You mean 7 kills in a row.  The rest is pretty easy.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By beargirl1

dude, if your team can't stop a dude from getting 25 kills in a row, then your team really sucks. it's not that hard to shoot down a helicopter or 2 or 3 dudes to take down one guy. 

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JokerClown88

I have only been nuked once in my 24+ hours of play.  This is because I primarly play TDM.  The nuke I did see was some random insane dude on a FFA.  Crazy stuff.
    SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonicFire

Well, I play hardcore team deathmatch almost exclusively, so it pretty much doesn't happen. In fact, never seen it happen in HTDM

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I kind of hate it because it makes assholes want to boost in FFA to get a Nuke, but in modes such as TDM it's not that big of a deal.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wickedsc3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "I kind of hate it because it makes assholes want to boost in FFA to get a Nuke, but in modes such as TDM it's not that big of a deal. "

Yea what you said, i hate those nuke boosters but its fun to find where they are doing it and just unload on both of them when the respawn.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MKHavoc

The nuke only sucks when you're playing a game like domination and the other team drops it while you're in the lead.  Also I went almost 20 hours without seeing a single nuke and then saw 3 in a single day just recently.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Daryl

Wow, your brother plays MW2 whilst sitting on a YOGA BALL? That is hot shit right there. 

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By faustyn
    @cess said:
    " @Ekkers said:
    " Got my first nuke yesterday and it's a great feeling. It's a fair reward for racking up 25 FUCKING KILLS in a row. "
    You mean 7 kills in a row.  The rest is pretty easy. "
    it's pretty easy but not super easy. you still have to shoot about 14 dudes with your chopper gunner ;)
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Lies
    @faustyn said:
    " @cess said:
    " @Ekkers said:
    You mean 7 kills in a row.  The rest is pretty easy. "
    it's pretty easy but not super easy. you still have to shoot about 14 dudes with your chopper gunner ;) "
    If the other team lets your Harrier get 4 kills (barring a well-placed initial strike) they deserve to get nuked. A hovering Harrier shouldn't stay in the air longer than two seconds against a competent team. Chopper Gunner lasts a bit longer, but one person with a full Stinger should still be able to take it down. No need for that shit to run rampant.
    Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shibbxyz
    @Daryl said:
    " Wow, your brother plays MW2 whilst sitting on a YOGA BALL? That is hot shit right there.  "
    I was thinking why no one else questioned this Yoga Ball
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

My friend sends me a message everytime he gets one.  It's becomming annoying when I get 6-8 messages a day. "Nuke 12!!"  "Nuke 13!!" "Another nuke!!"!!!  Annoying!!!  He has a 2.40 KDR too.... 

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikeFightNight
    @Lies said:
    " I earned my first nuke yesterday, then some fucker on the other team called one in literally less than a second before I could activate mine.  I raged. "
    lol.  I can just picture the look.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By George_Hukas
    @Shibbxyz said:
    " @Daryl said:
    " Wow, your brother plays MW2 whilst sitting on a YOGA BALL? That is hot shit right there.  "
    I was thinking why no one else questioned this Yoga Ball "
    Dude I get like 30 nukes a day with my yoga balls

But really on a serious note.. I nuke on average maybe 1-3 daily and when the conditions are right you can get them multiple games in a row. What pisses me off is these guys who can't get killstreaks and nukes legitimately so they play glitched xp matches to boost that stuff. The only people who find that spawn-kill-fest satisfying are people who can't wrap their head around the concept of earning a nuke in a regular game. 

Its all been said here before.. anyone can nuke really. You aren't hot shit for doing it and your friends don't care. 
    -Play Ground War (fuck you boosters/glitchers)
    -If everyone has the same clan tag, leave
    -Harrier or Pave Low to taste + C.Gunner/Nuke 
    -Intelligently camp (moving/sticking with your team)
    -Loadout isn't very important, just Scavenger + Claymore
    -Have a little patience + luck

Find the happy medium between camping and being that guy who runs around knifing with shotguns and thinks he is good because he went 40-32.
    MrCynical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrCynical
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @fwylo said:
    " It happens so rarely that it is a fun addition I think.  I roll around with an EMP instead, they are quite underrated.  Plus I've heard they cancel nukes if you feel like someone is going to get one. "
    That is a myth. "
    It can't stop the nuke after it has been fired, however it can stop someone from firing a nuke (ie if you EMP before they start the nuke countdown). The EMP stops all killstreaks from being called in while the EMP is active.

As far as the OT is concerned, if this does become widespread then IW will just take it out and replace it with something that doesn't spoil the game for everyone else.
    MrCynical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrCynical
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @fwylo said:
    That is a myth. "
    It can't stop the nuke after it has been fired, however it can stop someone from firing a nuke (ie if you EMP before they start the nuke countdown). The EMP stops all killstreaks from being called in while the EMP is active.

As far as the OT is concerned, if this does become widespread then IW will just take it out and replace it with something that doesn't spoil the game for everyone else.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Belonpopo said:
    " I am by no means a COD or MW or CODMW2 or whatever you call it ,but my 12 brother sits on I yoga ball all god damn day gettting a tactical nuke and thinking he's hot shit for it."
    Does this even make a lick of sense?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Belonpopo said:
    " I am by no means a COD or MW or CODMW2 or whatever you call it ,but my 12 brother sits on I yoga ball all god damn day gettting a tactical nuke and thinking he's hot shit for it."
    Does this even make a lick of sense?
    Skye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skye
    @HandsomeDead said:

" @Belonpopo said:

Does this even make a lick of sense? "
     Sure it does, as long as you speak fluent moron.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iam3green

nukes are good to get. they aren't that bad to get. i haven't gotten a nuke yet. i don't see one a lot of times.

n0uhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By n0uhad

1 day 2 hours playtime but I still haven't been in a game with a Nuke. Looking forward to it

Avatar image for ihaxedallreconcodez
    iHaxedAllReconCodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fwylo said:
    I experience 3-5 nukes a day.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By meptron

I just want to contribute to this discussion by saying that I also by no means a "call of duty", or a "modern warfare", or a "call of duty: modern warfare 2".

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus

K thx

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Bass
    @pawsoffury said:
     Just by the average K/D ratio of a player  being around 1.2
    It is impossible for the average kdr to be 1.2. It has to be 1. It cannot equal anything but 1.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ineedaname

The worst part about it for me, is you'll always get one person, be it on your team or the oppositions, going for it but on stupid modes such as HQ and Sabotage, just because you know effectively where abouts everyone is going. But you'll never actually see that person because they'll be tucked away in a little corner, and everyone else is of doing the actual objective of securing stuff.

Whether it's on my team or the oppositions it's always annoying.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rayfield
    @cide said:
    Dude I get like 30 nukes a day with my yoga balls

lol
    utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By utamaru

Too bad he doesn't have 4.20 KDR WOAAAAAH!

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tuggah

I've seen the nuke only twice, I have logged around 2 days of play time.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NickNorman

I play almost only FFA. By design, there should be one nuke in every few dozen games, at the most, but I see it every three or four, because someone can't get one by himself and has to go hide in a corner with a friend. This is the one think IW should fix - when you can join a public free for all game with friends, it isn't exactly "free for all."

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Belonpopo said:
    I hope he gets more, douchebag.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Coombs

Easily the stupidest post I have read all day, I to am not a cod..... 
    lots of people dont like the nuke, lots of people do, But why are you even posting this?
    Your complaint isnt even about the nuke itself, Its that your mad at your brother.....

@Bass said:

" @pawsoffury said:
     Just by the average K/D ratio of a player  being around 1.2
    It is impossible for the average kdr to be 1.2. It has to be 1. It cannot equal anything but 1. "

WTF are you talking about?
    Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Win
    @Hay4z said:

" @fwylo: Actually Thats not true:  

"

Actually the EMP can stop the nuke if launched first

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.