Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

What to expect from Call of Duty 6

• 75 results
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Hamz

Modern Warfare 2 will hopefully have more vehicle missions in it. I have to say the AC-130 mission was a blast, literally, to play. Would love to see some more similar missions in the next one.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By crunchUK
    ConfusedSanity said:
    "To post about the numerics at the end of each title they are dropping the numbers 4 is the last game bearing a number"
    actually MW2 or cod6 or whatever is the 10th cod game or so
    lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By lodar011

A lot of people are saying they just want Cod4 with new maps/attachments/perks etc.  Think back to when Cod4 was released and you'll realize what made it great was that is mixed things up.  Challenges, perks and attachments were all new things to the series that made it seem fresh.  If Modern Warfare 2 is simply Cod4 with new maps, perks and guns it's not going to have the strong impact Cod4 had.  Instead it will feel like Cod5: an alright game but not really a step forward for the series.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Mattzz10

I really looking forward to those memorable moments that IW is known for putting into their games.  I can still remember some parts of COD4, and that is impressive considering I haven't played that game in a long time.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#55  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You mean the 4th call of duty from infinity ward?  I expect them to try to build on the framework left by COD 4, while ignoring the few things that WAW improved upon (i.e. different grenades, online co-op)  out of spite.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By meteora
    • Inherit a few new features in COD:WAW such as co-op, class slots that can be unlocked and perhaps vehicles. Though I would prefer not having vehicles. If they were to have them then make them feel appropriately well done (as in it doesn't take too much away from the traditional heavy infantry combat in COD4).
    • Make the weapons as balanced as possible. The weapons were fairly balanced except for the M16 and P90.
    • More different sights aside from iron sights, RDS and ACOG. Add in sights such as the Aimpoint CompM2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimpoint_CompM2), ITL MARS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOTech) and EOTech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOTech). I believe both Aimpoint CompM2 and EOTech were both present in the single player, or of similar variants. Adding a bit more just gives the player a bit more variety and preference. They don't have to have any distinctive difference between each other, other than appearance.
    • Speaking of sights on guns, let us add on two attachments. I always felt like I had to either have RDS or ACOG because I couldn't use the iron sights for shit. Though this might be a bit more overpower if everyone uses n00b tubes or other accessories.
    • Moar new guns. Get most of the guns back from COD4 and add in newer modern guns such as the FN F2000, MP7, HK416 and the Barrett REC7/M468.
    • Let us customize our character's appearance. Seriously. I don't want to wear a red beret everytime I'm a OpFor sniper, it's like its saying "hey, please aim here" to the other snipers. Plus I'd put on a ghillie suit all the time.
    • Make the game a bit more Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter. Not quite the gameplay mechanics, but maybe the settings. More advanced shit, a few years into the future with more advanced technology. GRAW had like all of those built in HUD on your elite soldiers, so I thought it might be cool if Infinity Ward did it.
    • I demand another "All Ghillied Up" and Captain MacMillan and Price to make a appearance.
    • Oh and maybe this time we know how the player we play looks like. Add more of a personal story to it.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Addressing something earlier in the thread, I doubt there will be a cover mechanic in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Call of Duty has always been about run and gun, not simply taking cover and popping out every couple seconds to take a shot.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Ish

I'm looking forward to COD6 so I can play competition on the PC until all the CS:S-tards complain and make it CS:S again.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

AndrewGaspar said:
    "Addressing something earlier in the thread, I doubt there will be a cover mechanic in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Call of Duty has always been about run and gun, not simply taking cover and popping out every couple seconds to take a shot."
    I agree, I doubt there will be a cover system, though I would like to see how it would work in first person...
    The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Ish
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Addressing something earlier in the thread, I doubt there will be a cover mechanic in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Call of Duty has always been about run and gun, not simply taking cover and popping out every couple seconds to take a shot."

That's not how everyone plays. :/

But you are right. There is not going to be any Gears of War-type cover system. It might become more fluid, in that you can go to prone from a run in a single animation, but I doubt they will ever actually put a cover system because frankly its pretty useless.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ish said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:

That's not how everyone plays. :/

But you are right. There is not going to be any Gears of War-type cover system. It might become more fluid, in that you can go to prone from a run in a single animation, but I doubt they will ever actually put a cover system because frankly its pretty useless.

"
    People do go prone and fire pretty quickly, it's called drop shotting and it's pretty cheap.
    The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Ish

I doubt it. I cannot think of anything cheap in COD4, save for LMG spamming in hardcore.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By randiolo

what i would like is system that puts you into a game room with a strong connection, and maybe giving you a little something more when you prestige, like letting you keep a gun, insted of locking them all.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Daniel

Randiolo, I think they should do even more than that in revamping Prestige Mode. I think it has the potential to really push players into excelling at the game, and with the original Prestige Mode, there was a definite lack of incentive. I myself never unlocked Prestige, opting to keep the guns I earned through hours and hours of play. Simply restarting the gun collecting process is hardly an award, and seems to be a cop out.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Snail

I hope the weapons don't get to unrealistic.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Daniel

Snail,
    If they go TOO far in the future, this is also a worry from me. Anyone heard any new word on this title?

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ish said:
    "I doubt it. I cannot think of anything cheap in COD4, save for LMG spamming in hardcore."
    What do you mean you doubt it? IT HAPPENS! Not too often, but I've been drop shotted enough times to make it be a pretty annoying thing.

daniel said:
    "Snail,
    If they go TOO far in the future, this is also a worry from me. Anyone heard any new word on this title?"
    I doubt they'll go too far, maybe a few years, but I think it's going to be a pretty direct sequel. They aren't going to go all HALO on us, it's called Modern Warfare for a reason, it's going to be relatively modern, the only problem with that, is that they can't really add too many new weapons, if new weapons haven't been invented. I'm sure many have, but how many will show face in CoD?
    Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Daniel

I wouldn't mind if they throw a couple prototype weapons in there. As long as the whole line of weapons available are even in use right now.

Ashibaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ashibaka

Multiplayer-wise? I want it completely revamped. Everything right now still works great in the current games, but I would like to see things moving along now.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Lunarbunny

Maybe they'll drop in a SCAR, F2000, or maybe they'll stop taunting me and drop in a G36 or G36K instead of the lacking G36C.

Also, give me my multiple attachments! Perk 1 would be a perfect slot for a perk like that because then it disqualifies grenade launchers.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By PercyChuggs

I expect to shoot a lot of assorted henchmen of questionablethnic background.

I also expect people to whine about Martyrdom and Juggernaut.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Daniel

What about this one? I think it'd be cool to have it as a large machine gun that you can mount anywhere on the map and use as a stationary weapon. Also, along this trail of thought, I think more team based features, such as one or two (depending on team size) snipers/machine gunners/riflemen/shotgunners per team may be an interesting online mode. I don't think it'd fly, or be desirable as the ONLY way to play online though.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daniel said:
    "What about this one? I think it'd be cool to have it as a large machine gun that you can mount anywhere on the map and use as a stationary weapon. Also, along this trail of thought, I think more team based features, such as one or two (depending on team size) snipers/machine gunners/riflemen/shotgunners per team may be an interesting online mode. I don't think it'd fly, or be desirable as the ONLY way to play online though."
    That gun looks sick. It'd be pretty cool to be able to carry around a mountable machine gun, I just would hope that it has a better sight than the others. I always found it hard on CoD4 to actually see what I was shooting out with those mounted guns because of the bright flashes of gunfire coming from it.
    Lunarbunny
    said:
    "Maybe they'll drop in a SCAR, F2000, or maybe they'll stop taunting me and drop in a G36 or G36K instead of the lacking G36C.

Also, give me my multiple attachments! Perk 1 would be a perfect slot for a perk like that because then it disqualifies grenade launchers."
    I googled those guns, and they look pretty sweet, the SCAR reminds me of a P90.

I think they need to increase the gun count by at least 10. And maybe 4 areas of different perks.

I like the idea of multiple attachments, but it would be like one of those, "15th prestige, level 65" sort of things. Would have to level and prestige to max to earn it (not saying the new max prestige and level are going to be 15 and 65, only examples) and even when you did earn it, you'd have an unreasonable advantage.

Though, they could make it available only in private matches or certain game modes...
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By pause422

I think we can definitely expect guns will be present....uh, I think we can expect a multiplayer mode. Lets see.....I'd also have to say a sprint function will probably be present. Yeah!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By penguindust

An exit strategy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.