Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Your Biggest Pet Peeve?

• 77 results
    JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JDDrewes
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " People who hide in corners and wait for passers by.  The worst offenders are those who build their classes around it, Ninja and Cold-Blooded with a silencer.  God I hate these people "
    this
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Ubiquitous

I've got a few.

1. Aimbot
    2. Lag
    3. THAT FUCKING GUNSHIP
    4. Grenade Launcher  

While I completly agree that Akimbo 1887's range must be nerfed, it usually doesn't affect me too much. I fight a lot from a distance, but even in close range it's not that bad you just gotta shoot them first and aim for the head. They're running around like crazy most of the time anyway.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Coldfront said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Skye said:
    " Awesome, more bitching threads. "
    It's the games fault for having a fairly unbalanced multiplayer. "
    Its your fault for playing it so either shut up or stop playing and go about your day

Wait, the fact a game has a broken multiplayer is somehow my fault? The only reason I play it is because there is some fun to be had, even if there are a tonne of cheap bastards online.
    imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By imhuntad

My biggest "Pet Peeve" is the fact that this game was shipped with all of these multiplayer problems that are causing all of these complaints. I agree, it sucks that people are complaining so much, but there's gotta be a reason that there is a general consensus that the game has many problems. I really hope they fix them though, because this game could be soo much better overall on the multiplayer side!

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By dbz1995
    @iHaxedAllReconCodez said:
    " @TheLegendofLuke said:
    "My own incompetence. I know I shouldn't sprint round corners, but walking is just so slow :(  "
    Haha all the time man  OMFG AKIMBO MODELS or gay people javelin glitching "
    So if they are straight, you don't mind Javelin glitchers? I don't mind one person camping, but when it is 6 vs 6, with all your opponents camping, it puts enough anger in me that I would happily stick a roasted fork up a woman's vagina and set fire to my penis then screw her.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kenya24
    @ieatlions said:
    " people who dont completely dry there hands after going to the bathroom and make sure to make contact with you as soon as they get back. "
    And then say "I just f-ing hate when I pee on my hands!"
    Mrbiscuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mrbiscuit101
    @cide said:
    " People who complain about the game then go on Xbox live and complain about the game while actually playing it. "
    Nice to meet you.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Marcsman

Overweight female co workers with BO and who also wear the same outfit every frigging day. Well the same exact pants everday with 2 alternating shirts. No lie summer is one nast y event at my place of employment. Sigh.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By ieatlions
    @kenya24: yes.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Marcsman

Women with BO
    Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Log

Noob tube is pretty much the only thing that bothers me but only when people use it constantly rather than as a strategic way to clear a corner that you think someone is camping.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Druminator

I guess those people who drop down and shoot at you... I mean, you don't have to try that hard, it only takes a few bullets to kill...

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Marcsman

The mod who keeps removing my comment. MY PET PEEVE IS PEOPLE ( happy now?) WITH BO. WTF is it that bad?
    Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Log
    @Ubiquitous said:
    "

1. Aimbot

"
    I forgot to add that I hate the aimbot too but only because it prioritizes people who are sprinting over people who are laying still. Nothing pisses me off more than lining up a headshot on a camper and then having his buddy go running past and my scope starts following him.
    CanadianBaconX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By CanadianBaconX

Nuke boosters... Nothing ruins a Free for All game like doing really well then suddenly seeing the Nuke countdown come up, look at the scoreboard and see that there is one guy with 25 - 0 and another person with 0 - 25. Sigh...

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ubiquitous
    @Log:
    I think you're talking about the autoaiming dealie on console versions. I meant the mofos that run around on PC with thier fucking aimbot hacks. Essentially they have a program that aims for them... through walls... instantly.... at your head...
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Shadow
    @CanadianBaconX said:
    "Nuke boosters... Nothing ruins a Free for All game like doing really well then suddenly seeing the Nuke countdown come up, look at the scoreboard and see that there is one guy with 25 - 0 and another person with 0 - 25. Sigh... "

You can't boost in free for all.  All that means is that you weren't good enough to stop someone from getting 25 kills in a row.  Having played that gametype, it's perhapse the hardest one to do that in.  If you can't stop a guy from using a nuke in free for all, he deserves to beat you.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sjupp
    @Skye said:
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kmdrkul
    @Shadow said:
    " @CanadianBaconX said:
    "Nuke boosters... Nothing ruins a Free for All game like doing really well then suddenly seeing the Nuke countdown come up, look at the scoreboard and see that there is one guy with 25 - 0 and another person with 0 - 25. Sigh... "
    You can't boost in free for all.  All that means is that you weren't good enough to stop someone from getting 25 kills in a row.  Having played that gametype, it's perhapse the hardest one to do that in.  If you can't stop a guy from using a nuke in free for all, he deserves to beat you. "
    Having two people with tactical insertion, UAV Jammer (whatever the heck the perk is called...) hiding in a rarely trodden part of the map is hard to counter when theoretically you could go the whole game without seeing/hearing them, especially assuming you would be running towards the action, not for whatever reason running around finding obscure hiding places.  I don't see how the guy who is getting the benefit "deserves to beat me" in any way...
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By Shadow
    @kmdrkul said:
    " @Shadow said:
    " @CanadianBaconX said:
    You can't boost in free for all.  All that means is that you weren't good enough to stop someone from getting 25 kills in a row.  Having played that gametype, it's perhapse the hardest one to do that in.  If you can't stop a guy from using a nuke in free for all, he deserves to beat you. "
    Having two people with tactical insertion, UAV Jammer (whatever the heck the perk is called...) hiding in a rarely trodden part of the map is hard to counter when theoretically you could go the whole game without seeing/hearing them, especially assuming you would be running towards the action, not for whatever reason running around finding obscure hiding places.  I don't see how the guy who is getting the benefit "deserves to beat me" in any way... "

my thought process:  "I just got shot twice by the same guy from that direction.  Maybe he's over there....."
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kmdrkul
    @Shadow said:
    " @kmdrkul said:
    " @Shadow said:
    " @CanadianBaconX said:
    Having two people with tactical insertion, UAV Jammer (whatever the heck the perk is called...) hiding in a rarely trodden part of the map is hard to counter when theoretically you could go the whole game without seeing/hearing them, especially assuming you would be running towards the action, not for whatever reason running around finding obscure hiding places.  I don't see how the guy who is getting the benefit "deserves to beat me" in any way... "
    my thought process:  "I just got shot twice by the same guy from that direction.  Maybe he's over there....." "
    I don't think you get the general concept of boosting :P
    Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Coldfront
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Coldfront said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Skye said:
    Its your fault for playing it so either shut up or stop playing and go about your day

Wait, the fact a game has a broken multiplayer is somehow my fault? The only reason I play it is because there is some fun to be had, even if there are a tonne of cheap bastards online. "
    My point is why play it if you are just going to go around complaining about how bad the game is? Either stop whining or quit playing it doesn't make any sense to keep playing if "cheap bastards" are going to keep ruining your experience. Yes agreed they are annoying but not enough to go around whining about it.
    Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By Atwa

That i like, at best 1 or 2 maps.. also Grenade Launchers, Thumpers and Akimbo Model 1887's-

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Coldfront said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Coldfront said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Skye said:

Wait, the fact a game has a broken multiplayer is somehow my fault? The only reason I play it is because there is some fun to be had, even if there are a tonne of cheap bastards online. "
    My point is why play it if you are just going to go around complaining about how bad the game is? Either stop whining or quit playing it doesn't make any sense to keep playing if "cheap bastards" are going to keep ruining your experience. Yes agreed they are annoying but not enough to go around whining about it. "
    I don't go around complaining how bad the game is, I do enjoy playing Modern Warfare 2. The thread was made to discuss peoples annoyances/criticisms towards the game, which are deserved just as much as the praise the game is given. If people didn't complain or discuss annoyances/grievances, many things wouldn't be fixed or improved for the better.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By meptron

biggest pet peeve is people complaining because they suck. I suck too, but I don't whine about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The game's spawn system is probably the thing that irks me most. I can't tell you how many times I get spawn-killed. 

Regardless, the game is still really enjoyable, and those complaining about complaining threads are . . . well, I think it's self-explanatory.

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Coldfront
    @FlamingHobo: Agreed but do you really need a 500th complaint thread. Infinity Ward gets it they have made a patch (quickly its kinda amazing) its microsofts cert process that is screwing everyone over. If this was the first thread about annoyances then OK but its the 25th or so (and thats just this forum). I think everyone has had a chance to voice their concerns and complaints multiple times and I am starting to get annoyed at how every thread on this forum is a complaint about the same four or five things (akimo shotties, javelin, care package, noob tube etc.) So I and most likely others would appreciate it if threads like these stop appearing every 2 days when the one before falls off the top page.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.