Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Your Thoughts on The Map Pack

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MaskedGamer

Today was the day I finally got this brand new stimulas map-pack. After paying 20$ to get enough Microsoft points to buy the map-pack I sat down on my couch filled with giddy. I hop onto a server it's a nice game on crash, like in COD4 it is still awesome though I seem to get spawn killed more. Next I hope hop into a game on salvage which is probably  the worst map ever in the history of stuff. After that my fellow chaps skip overgrown even though I repeatedly say stop this map is great and i'm stuck with salvage. For the next 5 rounds I play salvage and crash until I play that rainy level... it also sucks. I than proceeded to play Bad Company 2 and a wee bit of the original Battlefield 2. For all of those who haven't wasted their money go play Battlefield  

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I think the maps are great, I had not played any MW2 multiplayer for about a month until today and BC2 made me foget how fun it is. 
    kirkpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kirkpipeline
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    " I think the maps are great, I had not played any MW2 multiplayer for about a month until today and BC2 made me foget how fun it is.  "
    This. 

I wish I could say something more but this dude perfectly summed up the way I feel about the pack.  Thank you kind sir!
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

not to mention ITS FUCKING OVERPRICED. like holy shit they're charging people $15 fucking dollars so you can do the same shit with a different layout. WTF!?  FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR A COUPLE OF MAPS FOLKS. this is RETARDED. Go spend your money on a good xbl game. 

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

The maps are fantastic.  A bit pricey, but if you like Modern Warfare 2, it isn't too much.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Synthballs
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " not to mention ITS FUCKING OVERPRICED. like holy shit they're charging people $15 fucking dollars so you can do the same shit with a different layout. WTF!?  FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR A COUPLE OF MAPS FOLKS. this is RETARDED. Go spend your money on a good xbl game.  "
    Perfect Dark should be bought instead.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By immike

I played all of the maps and liked them all except overgrown (because I was never fond of it). Salvage is getting a lot of hate, but I really like it. Also the rainy map sucks? Wow, that's actually a great map.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hourai

I don't understand why three new maps costs more than most arcade titles. I happily bought Shadow Complex instead for the same price.

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MaskedGamer
    @TwoOneFive: I actually don't belive it's overpriced this is about 3 dollars a map. I just don't like the maps . 
     @immike said:
    " I played all of the maps and liked them all except overgrown (because I was never fond of it). Salvage is getting a lot of hate, but I really like it. Also the rainy map sucks? Wow, that's actually a great map. "
    I don't like the rainy map because it's boring and these new maps have to many little nooks and corners I prefer levels like overgrown where it's large open maps and thats why I like BFBC2 
     (It's my opinion)
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By evanbrau

I really like the three new maps, especially Bailout and Storm. The two old maps are as good as they ever were and I'm not fond of small maps as it is so Salvage will never be a favourite of mine. I don't have any real opinion on the price in that fifteen Euro is pretty insignificant to me in the grand scheme of things and it left me with 800 spare points for a game or some other DLC.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SoothsayerGB

New maps are sweet.  But I don't play them.  Turns out you have to play a separate match type full of randomized match types to use the DLC.  I only like HC and regular team death matches.  I hate Search and Destroy and CTF, along with the others.  So I played the new maps a few times yesterday and thats it.

Doubt I will play them again too.  Complete waste of money.  If I had known I would have had to play a separate DLC related playlist. I never would have bought them.  

But aside from my poor choices.  They looked great.  There is a new sniper point in overgrown that is real sweet.  Check them out in a solo private match if you into all that random match shit.  

Fuck Infinity Ward. 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Kyreo

Overgrown looks great.  It's all nice and prettied up.  Crash looks the exact same though, but in a bad way. 

the new maps are all good too.  Bailout is great, that's my new favorite map, next to Favela.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't have a new xbox, but I played the new maps at a friends. Great maps, but 15 dollars? I really have to agree with the rest that there really is no reason to charge that much for them. Honestly the whole thing just pisses me off since it makes me come to grips that video games are still a business.

PhannIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PhannIOUS

Spensive!

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MaskedGamer
    @Kyreo said:
    " Overgrown looks great.  It's all nice and prettied up.  Crash looks the exact same though, but in a bad way.  the new maps are all good too.  Bailout is great, that's my new favorite map, next to Favela. "
    yeah I agree bailout is great especially playing search on it. I just don't like salvage though storm is getting more fun. They also need to fix the playlist because I get stuck with demolition and domination to much. 
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fwylo
    @MaskedGamer: 
    I find it hilarious how they would skip overgrown.  You think after the map pack only being out for a few days people would be playing every new map as much as they can.
    slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By slax

At the outset Bailout was my least favorite. I liked Salvage, apparently most then more people do, and Storm is a pretty awesome map, reminds me at least aesthetically of Downpour. But playing Bailout more it's growing on me. I think what it was initially was that it as a fairly overwhelming map. So many places to go, and then get shot from so many directions. But as you figure out the map it gets at least less frustrating. 
    Overgrown was a map that I didn't enjoy in COD4 at all, but I'm having some fun with it now.. And Crash is the same, which I like.
    I hope they keep these playlists around even after they integrate the maps into the other playlists. I like having what is essentially a Hardcore Mosh Pit without the FFA.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Andheez

I like the COD4 maps so much better.  They were a great mix of open space and cover.  I never felt like I had to check every last little nook and cranny for a camper.  With the MW2 maps, i feel like I could be walking into a trap anywhere I go because it is too closed in, its like every map is a maze of hallways, smoke grenades are worthless now, when they used to be so effective.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Shadow

I'm going to graduate in a month, buy the maps, level up one more time, and finally get to 2nd prestige...there's no way in hell I'm getting back into this time suck until I have my degree in hand.

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MaskedGamer
    @Andheez said:
    " I like the COD4 maps so much better.  They were a great mix of open space and cover.  I never felt like I had to check every last little nook and cranny for a camper.  With the MW2 maps, i feel like I could be walking into a trap anywhere I go because it is too closed in, its like every map is a maze of hallways, smoke grenades are worthless now, when they used to be so effective. "
    This
    Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

i think the maps are great, infact i would argue they are they best maps mw2 has to offer.

ProudMeowican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProudMeowican

I don't really like storm but i think the others are good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.