Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Is this game still active?

Renigade16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was interested in picking up the game on Xbox but does anyone know if there is still a player base?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The PC version is 100% dead. I imagine the Xbox version has suffered the same fate. I think you're a few years late on this one.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

For all intents and purposes, yes. Like, there's a probably a couple dozen people who still play it or something, but A) I bet they're insanely good, and B) I bet they all know each other and plan a time for everybody to go online or something.

The free-to-play sequel, Super Monday Night Combat, which was less like TF2 and gained some Dota-like characteristics, is also very much dead.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was dead several years ago when I tried to play it again; I imagine the years since then haven't been any kinder to it.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was going to give Super MNC a try just the other day, since I thought it was "free-to-play". But Steam says you have to own the original "base" game in order to play it?! That makes zero sense to me.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@icyeyes: It doesn't at all. You might want to try checking up on uber forums to see if they might of done something differently. I know when Defiance went f2p they no longer offered a way to download tthe free 2 play version onsteam which is weird since it's FREE TO PLAY! Also just to give you a heads up SMNC is now more of a third person moba now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@i_stay_puft: In the case of Defiance, I would assume that the developer doesn't want people downloading the game through Steam as I believe Steam asks for a cut of the item sales in those games. Whoever was responsible for the decision figured that they'd rather not play give Steam a cut and lose out on the publicity from being on there in favor of driving people to download the game through their site. Only Steam can't really entirely delete the game from their database since so many people already own it. Although it is odd that they can't simply remove it from the store and keep it hooked up in the backend for people who still play it through their service.

That's all complete speculation, though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard
    @icyeyes said:

I was going to give Super MNC a try just the other day, since I thought it was "free-to-play". But Steam says you have to own the original "base" game in order to play it?! That makes zero sense to me.

I still have 2 SMNC keys in my inventory that I literally can't get rid of (can't delete them and since the game is free no-one will take them). I guess you could try one of those if you want?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.