Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

Anyone down for some huntin' action?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

As part of my buying spree of games I've missed out on, on account of not having bought a Wii U until just this month, this game has really roped me in. I'm only about 7 hours into the game, and haven't touched on any of the online stuff. Any duders still playing this? The online seems to be the big draw with this game and I'd love to play with some fellow bombers. My Nintendo ID is DoctorDonkey.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been out of it for a while but I wouldn't mind getting back in. The only thing is I'd be a lot higher level than you, but if you needed someone to show you what the hell is going on I can do that too. This is the kind of game that is at it's best playing online with others. Nintendo ID: Bedouin7

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This game isn't cross platform is it? I only have the 3DS version.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@chemystery: it is, but I think you need the Wii U version to play online. I can take my Wii U character and out her on my 3DS to play at a friend's house. I think we even took it online that way. I can't really remember because it was a while ago.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an amazing game. It's why I own a Wii U.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll be getting a Wii U sometime this month, and this is the first game I'm gonna buy.

I'll update with my ID, once I actually own one.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that like, a month has passed, but I finally got my Wii U and copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Don't suppose anyone else just starting-ish? I've never played a Monster Hunter game online before (just local multiplayer) and so I wouldn't wanna be grouped with people I'd just end up annoying with my noobiness. ID is DeadpanCakes

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duder, I will totally play with you. I'm only HR2 because I've been fatally trying to find people around my rank to play with. Higher leveled people have offered to help me, but I don't like getting run through this game, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Nintendo ID is LikeaSsur. I'll add you and we'll hash out a time to hunt.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadpanCakes

@wampa1: @likeassur: Oh, sweet, I'm real glad I decided to update. I almost just didn't bother, 'cause I figured most people moved on at this point

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By doctordonkey

@likeassur: @deadpancakes: Sent a friend request to both you guys. Took a break since I created this thread but recently got back into it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Jealous of you all being able to play together. Once 4 finally rolls around I hope there will be duders up for a 3DS online hunt, MH just isn't the same alone!

mr187uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timmii - UK. Wii U or 3DS XL player. HR1 still after 60+ hours.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SAC

Hey duders...

I just bought a Wii U along with all six of the other games for it (kidding... Kinda). One of the big reasons for picking up the system was to finally get into Monster Hunter, after hearing about it so much on the 8-4 podcast. I'm just starting out and getting the hang/comprehending this game (I still feel like I am missing some vital information though) but if any of you are in the same boat as me or would want to hunt with a newbie like me (I am a competent player of video games), I'd appreciate it. I really just want to get way into this game and finally experience it! Nnid: SAC-99

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey duderino's,

I got the game for free with my copy of MK8, so I was wondering if anyone did the same? I'm super new to the game, don't really know that much about whats going on but feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things, and since the game is more fun online, I thought to see if you fine folks were still getting into it as well? I'll get my NNID when I've got the chance in a few hours.

Avatar image for captainsandwich
    CaptainSandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@launch:

Anyone whose curious should head here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/343403899087010/

There's a ton of us that help people out with advice for new and veteran hunters. Get on it, man!

Btw, I'm a solo player. I love online, but you generally end up being a more skilled player when you do a lot on your own. People generally tend to get real sloppy and lean on each other maybe a tad too much when playing multi. I'd play online if I could, but I don't have a Wii U. Over 700 hours on 3DS version, and I've probably only played with my friend for about 20 of those. Also, like 2 hours online using his Wii U and the Transfer Program.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SAC

Hello all,

I am almost done with the single player quests and finally want to dig deep into multiplayer. None of my IRL friends even care about video games and I've been kind of obsessed with MH3U for almost a month now. I'm still HR1 so if anyone else maybe recently picked this up during a sale (or wouldn't mind doing the early rank quests with me), I am beyond down to hunt with you all. I have mastered the LS (gonna start learning the GS soon), have a few different good sets of armor, and generally have my monster hunting shit together. I am good at cooperating too (aka not a dick). Anyway, if you're in the same boat as me, my NNID is SAC-99, or feel free to message me.

wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

By chance recently got this. Only 5 hours in so far but definitely will give you an add once know my way around a bit better!

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing this online in the past week, so I'm only HR 3 so far. My Nintendo ID is Hamborgini. I'd love to start hunting with a more consistent group of people.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should hopefully be down for some Monster Huntering within the near future, my Nintendo ID is "englundf".

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing it. Seems interesting.

nostriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello to everybody, it nice to see peolpe who still play the game. Im at the moment HR88 or so, so if anyone wants to play or help, add me. My NNID: nostriker

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By rempresent

Now that people will be loading up Super Smash Brothers, I would like to remind everyone to keep an eye on your Friend's List (or add the old hunters from this list). That way you can get online with some seasoned hunters and carve up some Diablos horns. Hopefully we can get some practice in before we all have to hunch over tiny screens to play MH4U this spring.

... Or you can play Smash because that game is already pretty fantastic.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rempresent: Definitely noted, thanks! I'll add people on that list and make sure to mention GB and Monster Hunter. If you wouldn't mind adding me to the list, it would be appreciated

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Been looking for people to play MH3U with. I'll have to add some of you guys. Thanks for the info @rempresent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.