Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

The Big Thread Of MHW Cross Overs and Events - Now with added Kulve Taroth

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Instead of making a new thread for each announcement, as they seem to be happening quiet a bit, I'm just going to make this one and keep updating it.

Today Capcom announced that they're bring Dante into MHW as part of a celebration cross over to commemorate the launch of their Devil May Cry remaster.

You’ll get to fight hellish foes in Monster Hunter: World to earn this devious combination of the Force Edge and Alastor. In Monster Hunter, that weapon falls in the Charge Blade category, and typically features a hefty shield that, when combined with its matching sword, can turn into a massive axe. As you can see, we’re putting a bit of a DMC twist to the formula and leaving the shield out of the picture altogether (you’ll still be able to guard though) and instead of a sword turning into an axe, you’ll get a Force Edge that turns into a massive Alastor. I, for one, cannot wait to wield one of these and slash a Deviljho in the face... to see if it cries. Please stay tuned for more information on when this content will be available. It will be available to all Monster Hunter: World players; you just need to complete the right Event Quest when the time comes.

Past Events include

Horizon Zero Dawn and Street Fighter V.

Thanks to an announcement on the Playstation Blog regarding the H:ZD outfit we know that these events are planned to rotate around and become available at different points in time, so don't worry that you've "missed out" on anything.

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hamborgini

Was not expecting a charge blade, but I like what they're doing with it! I've been having a tough day, so I appreciate the very fun and goofy trailer, too.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dudacles

This is cool, just like the other two! I've missed out on those thus far because my Hunter Rank has not been high enough (currently sitting at 9), so I'm glad they'll rotate the others back in as well.

What Hunter Rank do you guys think I would need to get to be able to get these weapons/costumes/whatever? Was it a lot higher than 9 for the other two?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudacles: I think it was 11 for the Aloy stuff - I doubt it'll ever be much higher than that. Certainly not higher than that. At the very highest I doubt they'll put anything behind level 16 - that requires you beat the game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

Looks pretty cool but i'm not spending £8 (or however much they charged for the hodouken) for the gunslinger emote.

Hopefully this isnt exclusive to the PS4 like the other two were.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems very fitting since Deviljho is coming soon. Can't wait for new info and potentially an Update Roadmap in tomorrows MHW livestream! Managed to get my tickets for Aloy skin finally, but it's great to hear stuff will rotate for those who missed stuff. That's they way it should be :D

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Good day to be a Charge Blade main. Hopefully this is a decent end-game blade. The Eloy boy didn't seem tops, but since I'm not a bow user, it was hard to tell.

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slax: The bow was mostly "okay." There are definitely better bows. I expect the charge blade will be similar - okay and fun for the novelty of it, but not something you'll want to use all the time. I'd love to be wrong, though!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

holy fuck, i want that charge blade.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slax: The Aloy bow wasn't the best in the game, but it's not terrible and if you use it while playing as her it works well. The armour set skills she has feel very true to how she plays in Horizon which is good.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Availability: April 13 - April 26

Event Quest: A Rush of Blood

Quest Level: 7★

Conditions: HR 13 or higher

Locale: Arena

Objective: Hunt 2 Odogaron

No Caption Provided

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new time limited event is coming to Monster Hunter, then going away and then coming back in the future.

Hunters, hope you’ve been enjoying the nice, relaxing celebration of the Spring Blossom Fest. As that special limited-time event comes to a close, we already have your next big assignment waiting for you: the Siege of Kulve Taroth!

With the conclusion of the Zorah Magdaros and Nergigante investigations, the path is now clear for the arrival of the majestic Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth.

We’ll let you investigate more details about the new Elder Dragon itself directly, but what little information the Research Commission has gathered indicates we need to deploy a new hunting strategy. Enter the Siege!

Siege is a brand new limited-time quest type which requires the collaborative efforts of all hunters in the same Gathering Hub (which can house up to 16 hunters). Each hunting party will split off into groups of up to four hunters each, but will be working together to investigate and hunt down the same Kulve Taroth.

As each hunting party collects more tracks and breaks off more parts from attacking Kulve Taroth, they’ll contribute progress to the same Siege. This new quest type is designed and balanced for multiplayer, so call up your Squadmates, or join up a dedicated Kulve Taroth lobby, and make sure to coordinate with other hunters if you want to earn the best rewards.

The primary goal of this Siege is to repel Kulve Taroth, but its shimmering golden mantle happens to be a collection of shiny weapon relics it has gathered along its journey through the New World. We don’t have much information on when and where Kulve Taroth has amassed all these relics, so the nature and quality of these weapons (read: type and stats) are entirely up to fate.

The Smithy, however, is already hard at work coming up with a new armor set to complement these weapons quite nicely. Be sure to pay him a visit after you’ve gathered enough Kulve Taroth materials.

The first instance of the Kulve Taroth Siege will start on April 18 at 5pm PT / April 19 at 1am BST, along with our second free content update, and will be live only for a limited time. It will return at a later date, but details are very scarce at the moment, so assemble your Squad to take full advantage of this golden opportunity.

No Caption Provided
    I almost want to change my character to female so I can be a Bronze Dragon Aspect.
    I almost want to change my character to female so I can be a Bronze Dragon Aspect.
    Nevermind - the Palico will always look better than me.
    Nevermind - the Palico will always look better than me.

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've mostly shifted to soloing for the end-game grind. This will either get me to starting hunting with other people again, or it will be a massive headache. Maybe it'll be both! It certainly won't take long to find out with this going live tomorrow night.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The siege mode sounds interesting. Wonder how it will play out for people who normally play with randos. I'm here for getting my hunter some sweet dragon horns, though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, feels like it wasnt that long since Deviljho, now this thing. (armour looks pretty cool too) The Siege seems like a weird concept but I dont have anything against grouping up with randoms in MH, they're generally reliable except when your fighting Kirin, and sometimes Nerg.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MiniPato

The description sounds weird. So is it a quest with a map that supports 16 players or will they be split up into different instances of the same map?

Either way this is a huge surprise that I didn't expect on such short notice. Really happy with the way the Monster Hunter team has been supporting the game with free updates on a consistent basis.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Kirin is the one fight I'll never do with a group, even my friends. It's too RNG. Anyone can get really unlucky and carted in it and having more people just adds to the risk. Of those who still have to beat the TK I've told them I won't help with that quest because they're better off without me there.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was sure not expecting a new monster so soon, much less something akin to a raid. I really hope this one is good!

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the return of Relic weapons. Random weapons with random stats that could be miles better than anything you can craft, but only if you're lucky!

But I'm looking forward to more of the quality of life changes from the update.

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy shit i want that armor.

siege stuff sounds neat. this game is still pretty much all i play.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Zurv

anyone doing this event on the xbox.. ugh.. :) takes forever to get a group. (and bad... :) )

I'm up to farm it today. i'm HR 150+. (please do expect to drink up. attack drink, def drink, food, etc..)

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burncoat said:

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the return of Relic weapons. Random weapons with random stats that could be miles better than anything you can craft, but only if you're lucky!

But I'm looking forward to more of the quality of life changes from the update.

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

According to this reddit post, the weapons are not randomly generated, but have fixed stats. The only thing is that there is a very large pool of weapons.

estragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing exclusively solo till now, HR52, but this group hunt thing seems so fun. Actually thinking about getting Ps+, and oh god, interacting with people online in a video game just for this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@estragon: lol don't worry, the interaction is quite minimal. everyone's just there fighting the monster, then when it's done they might drop a thumb's up stamp or something.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This event was super fun. I did it mostly for the armor set and finished that the morning after release (I played a lot, okay. Don't judge me!) and have just been doing it for the hell of it since. The weapons are just a bonus as far as I'm concerned though it would be nice to get a few gold variants of some of my favorites so that they match the new armor.

If you're having trouble getting the mats for the gear, pick up everything you see. The gems were the hardest thing to get and I got those off those numerous random gold chunks you break off in the first three areas. One of the gems I got from one of those bugs who run away in different directions when you get close. Some people get em from carving the horn casings you can break off. Some people get them off all Gajalaka running around. Some extremely lucky people get them off the horns themselves at the end.

I hope they either do more of these events and/or combine the gathering hall with the rest of the hub. It's nice seeing other people walking around. Just makes things feel more alive. I like it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Bollard

After Jho took quite a while to be added I was worried about the update plans for the game. I felt Jho came too slowly and was too easy for players who were already really invested, and I was concerned that if we had to wait that long again for another easy monster I might be done with the game.

I'm glad to say the surprise drop of Kulve about a month after Jho has dragged me back, and damn if it isn't some fantastic content. The first event in a MonHun game where it feels like the community is actively working towards the same goal (the little notification pops mid hunt are really satisfying) and the design of Kulve is great - she's so fabulous! Enjoying the amount of rewards you get at the end too. Before I was worried because I couldn't see how they could add new monsters to the game and keep it relevant (adding something from Low Rank like Conga would just be completely pointless - which is a shame, I'd love to see some older monsters brought over) but I am optimistic and eager to see more now.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I like that the goal that everyone is working towards together is pretty quick too. You can go from beginning a siege to getting to level 6 and it being over in about an hour or so at most. It makes it so you never feel like you're missing out because you can't be on for a long period of time.

The fight is fun too. I like how the stages are broken out and the final stage is something you sort of have to earn. Also that big ass slide is fun!

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@briarpack: Big fan of the rate they are cranking out the new monsters, and how the time between announcement and the update is really small too. It's just a shame we already know what the next two will be (Oroshiri Kirin and Alatreon) thanks to the leaked list.

Will be interesting to see what comes after those two... Maybe a break and (fingers crossed) G-Rank coinciding with the PC release? One can hope.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Arch-Tempered Kirin? No. No. Noooooooo. I'd sooner fight every other Tempered monster at the same time. In the arena.

Kirin is just such a bitch. I don't what it is, but I just don't find it fun to fight. I guess I could just not to the quest...but that armor though...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god she's terrifying! And here I was just thinking I'd be good on MHW for a while until the next update. Awesome to hear about water weapons putting out the flames. Can put that Azure Star longsword to good use.

Lunastra armor seems good too! Lovin that hat. Definitely gotta get that gamma Vaal Hazak set when it comes around.

Arch-Tempered Kirin? No. No. Noooooooo. I'd sooner fight every other Tempered monster at the same time. In the arena.

Kirin is just such a bitch. I don't what it is, but I just don't find it fun to fight. I guess I could just not to the quest...but that armor though...

Hah, yeah all my Kirin weapons-in-progress are all collecting dust. It's not that tough if you're really careful and methodical about it, but I guess that's technically every monster in this game. Still such a pain.

@bollard said:

@briarpack: Big fan of the rate they are cranking out the new monsters, and how the time between announcement and the update is really small too. It's just a shame we already know what the next two will be (Oroshiri Kirin and Alatreon) thanks to the leaked list.

Will be interesting to see what comes after those two... Maybe a break and (fingers crossed) G-Rank coinciding with the PC release? One can hope.

Is G-Rank usually a completely separate game, or could it just be DLC?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: You're right, G-Rank is usually a separate game (think Monster Hunter World Ultimate) but a lot of things have changed with World. Previously they had never added a new monster as DLC, and never launched worldwide on the same date as in Japan. These two things could potentially point towards them trying a more traditional DLC/expansion pack style thing rather than reselling the same game again. Usually its at least a year between normal launch and the G-Rank edition in Japan though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone interested they just released The Witcher 3 crossover DLC.

I just played through it, it's pretty good. Not the best Monster Hunter quest but The Witcher fans should be happy. Theres a lot of fan service going on (not the pervy kind) down to the UI, dialog options music etc. they tried to structure the quests like it were The Witcher 3 but it just made me want a new Dragon's Dogma honestly.

I thought the FFXIV crossover was better but it was still pretty damn good for free DLC.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BoOzak

They're also adding some extra stuff on the 15th which is kinda cool.

Loading Video...

The "Woodland Spirit" Contract will involve an "Ancient Lechen" and will be a multiplayer only quest to contrast the single player quest. You'll also unlock the ability to look like Ciri.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread seems largely abandoned but what the hell.

Loading Video...

I love how much effort Capcom puts into these dumb trailers.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I saw that today and it's wild. Additionally, if you're on PS4 there'll be another new Horizon Zero Dawn update soon too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.