Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Ermac Needs to be removed

• 65 results
    XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By XTraFries

you should probably just get better at the game.

I play a decent amount of Ermac and usually what happens is that the better player wins. Either I get the better of my opponent and win, or the other guy knows how to deal with my shit and he wins. Ermac can control only if you allow it, and those throws are really easy to counter on reaction for a lot of characters (pretty much any with a teleport)

Learn your character, learn how to play against Ermac, and deal with it or quit playing.

I can't stand when people confuse their own lack of skill with something being broken.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All the characters have combo strings that can rock your world. Ermac's not even the most unbalanced fighter, comparatively.

I mean, Kabal has an infinite. AN INFINITE.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By scarace360

What you need to do is you need to learn at least 40% combos.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

lol just use breakers. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By KaosAngel

dawg learn to bloc

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#56  Edited By StarvingGamer

Is it odd to anyone else that a thread complaining about an MK character has significantly fewer whiny scrubs than any threads about characters from other fighting games?

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Slaker117
    @StarvingGamer: I think it's probably because MK has a less "hardcore" crowd, so when people get beat they are more likely to shrug it off than complain about balance. We have plenty of scrubs, but they aren't as angsty about it.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@StarvingGamer said:

@Beaudacious Your complaint about his zoning game having higher priority makes no sense to me. In any fighting game there will always be a character with the "best" projectiles. Even in this regard, Ermac is hardly the be-all-end-all. It's true that both his lift and push come out very quickly, but they only reach about half-screen. At full screen he loses hands down to Kabal, Stryker, Kano, Noob, and probably Kung Lao, Kitana and Shang as well. Beyond that numerous characters have teleports and a significantly stronger up-close game that they can play such as Scorpion, Raiden and Cyrax. What makes Ermac so powerful is the fact that he is the best at controlling the pace of the game at mid-screen. This means that characters with limited movement options like Sonya and Liu Kang have to be extremely patient if they want to find a way inside to mount their offense. Careful dash blocking and resisting the urge to jump-in will go a long way towards exposing an Ermac player. I'm not suggesting that Ermac is a weak character, he definitely is near the top of the heap, but he is far from imbalanced. In any fighting game there is always going to be the character that is best at X. I'd suggest that rather than sit and complain about how much Ermac dominates the mid-screen, figure out a way to force him to fight on your terms.

I like you.

theironyuppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By theironyuppie
    @StarvingGamer said:
    @Beaudacious Your complaint about his zoning game having higher priority makes no sense to me. In any fighting game there will always be a character with the "best" projectiles. Even in this regard, Ermac is hardly the be-all-end-all. It's true that both his lift and push come out very quickly, but they only reach about half-screen. At full screen he loses hands down to Kabal, Stryker, Kano, Noob, and probably Kung Lao, Kitana and Shang as well. Beyond that numerous characters have teleports and a significantly stronger up-close game that they can play such as Scorpion, Raiden and Cyrax. What makes Ermac so powerful is the fact that he is the best at controlling the pace of the game at mid-screen. This means that characters with limited movement options like Sonya and Liu Kang have to be extremely patient if they want to find a way inside to mount their offense. Careful dash blocking and resisting the urge to jump-in will go a long way towards exposing an Ermac player. I'm not suggesting that Ermac is a weak character, he definitely is near the top of the heap, but he is far from imbalanced. In any fighting game there is always going to be the character that is best at X. I'd suggest that rather than sit and complain about how much Ermac dominates the mid-screen, figure out a way to force him to fight on your terms.
    The More You Know.   **Shooting Star.gif**
    Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Helimocopter

How do we all feel about cyber-subzero? 

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By SpecTackle

Pretty sure Ermac isn't as big of a threat as Kung Lao, Cage, Reptile or even Smoke.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By MysteriousBob

Ermac isn't even top tier. Learn how to block and punish.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MKF30

lol, Ermac is fine...he's been patched a few times, his TK push isn't as powerful as it was, he has no overhead mix ups, and can't really rush down that well.... 

He's fine, if anything KL needs to be nerfed...again and Mileena's down+4 seriously.

olivia_koenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Ermac. I am a very good mortal combat player and I find him useful. Maybe some people don't know how to use him right. He has certain moves you must use to unlock his full potential.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You bumped a really old thread and couldn't even spell Kombat right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.