Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Looong throw-animations

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

I may not actually be much of a Sektor-player, but I can appreciate his classic no-nonsense throw-animation. 
    Just grab and throw. 

Most other characters have some really long-winded animations that seem... I donno... un-realistic?! 
    That's probably not really the word I'm looking for because it is Mortal Kombat after all... 
    I guess it's all in making throws that fit the different character's powers, but most of them seem like something the one who's being thrown could easily break out off with the time it takes to pull off. 

...And I guess I could see how characters like Sub-Zero and Cyrax could abuse a faster throw-animations - but still... 

*minor rant over*

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Zapbrader

I never liked Scorpion's throw, probably the goofiest one I can think of off the top of my head. It looks kind of awkward.

Sonya's is also pretty long.

I agree that throw's shouldn't be longer than a second in any game, but in this one the X-Rays also take a while to animate as well.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Undeadpool

Stryker's was always the one that struck me as overlong (likewise his X-ray). Everyone else's is fine. A bit theatrical, maybe, but it adds to the flavor of the character to have more than just a simple grab/toss.

GregIsRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GregIsRad

I hate anything in the game that just makes me want to put my controller down, cross my arms, or tap my feet. That long Sonya throw with the accompanying "Yes!" just pisses me off. 

Ermac comes to mind too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.