Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 09, 2009

A 2D action game from the creators of Odin Sphere, featuring a hand-drawn, watercolor Japanese art style. Originally released on the Wii, it has since received an enhanced port for the PS Vita.

I love absolutely EVERYTHING about Muramasa, except...

JL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JL

The female character isn't actually female.  

One of the things that really appealed to me about this game was that you could choose between a male and female character. I'm very used to playing games in which you have no choice, so I was very much eager to play a strong, kill-you-dead female character who uses swords! So what could be better? Except that she gets possessed by a male swordsman, so in the end I'm still playing a male character, doing what he wants, and playing his storyline, and not learning very much about the female character. I'm probably the only one who cares about this, but this is the one thing that seriously frustrates me about the game (more like the plot of the game). 

Anybody else notice this or feel the same way?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThomasP

I thought it was kind of cool, but a bit confusing at the beginning.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Heartagram

Dude what? 

Japanese games are sure out there.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @JL said:
    " The female character isn't actually female.   One of the things that really appealed to me about this game was that you could choose between a male and female character. I'm very used to playing games in which you have no choice, so I was very much eager to play a strong, kill-you-dead female character who uses swords! So what could be better? Except that she gets possessed by a male swordsman, so in the end I'm still playing a male character, doing what he wants, and playing his storyline, and not learning very much about the female character. I'm probably the only one who cares about this, but this is the one thing that seriously frustrates me about the game (more like the plot of the game).  Anybody else notice this or feel the same way? "
    I'm pretty sure if it REALLY was a dude in her body, he wouldn't just be runnin' around playin' with swords. Ya know what I mean?! Eh? Eh?

I'm sorry for that.
    JL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JL
    @ThomasP said:

" I thought it was kind of cool, but a bit confusing at the beginning. "  

I think it'd be more interesting to have a female take over a male's body. :b  

@Heartagram
    said:

" Dude what?  Japanese games are sure out there. "  

Yeah, pretty much everything in Japanese media is. Ever scene The Great Yokai War? Japs at their best. XD

@JJWeatherman
    said:

" @JL said:

" The female character isn't actually female.   One of the things that really appealed to me about this game was that you could choose between a male and female character. I'm very used to playing games in which you have no choice, so I was very much eager to play a strong, kill-you-dead female character who uses swords! So what could be better? Except that she gets possessed by a male swordsman, so in the end I'm still playing a male character, doing what he wants, and playing his storyline, and not learning very much about the female character. I'm probably the only one who cares about this, but this is the one thing that seriously frustrates me about the game (more like the plot of the game).  Anybody else notice this or feel the same way? "
    I'm pretty sure if it REALLY was a dude in her body, he wouldn't just be runnin' around playin' with swords. Ya know what I mean?! Eh? Eh?  I'm sorry for that. "
    What do you think the hot spring scenes are for? ;3  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.