Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto

Franchise »

Naruto is a popular anime and manga created by Masashi Kishimoto, which has expanded into video games in the last five years. The Protagonist is Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja whose dream is to be the next Hokage.

Hello to all Naruto fans

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Seems like there are quite a few Naruto fans here who want to fill this place up with Naruto stuff, which is awesome. Maybe we can get people collaborating or something? I dunno, just wanted to say hello! And lets turn this place into giantnaruto.com, hehe just kiddin'...or am i?..

Anyhoo, people have any Naruto stuff they have in the submission pipeline? I put in Neji and Rock Lee character profiles...still waiting for approval...been 22 hours lol. Also, a bunch of screens for Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Peace.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By kenzo287

i can't wait until next year when the dub gets out of this filler crap

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BigBoss1911

Naruto is the gayest show on Tv.NO offence but really it is.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Vanek
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "Naruto is the gayest show on Tv.NO offence but really it is."

Excellent, I knew as I clicked this thread it wouldn't be long until this happened. 

Anyway, I thought I would ask how many have tried the Ultimate Ninja Storm demo on the PSN?  I have, and I liked it.  The only concern I have is that it seems kinda limited combat wise.  As with all the Naruto games the combat looks great, but is pretty shallow.  I'm hoping for more depth, rather than just pretty visuals.
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Yeah, it isn't particularly deep, what with only one button for attacking. But the more i play it, the more stuff i find out and with the 3D arena it can get quite tactical. But the AI in the demo is too stupid to react to much, so the real fun is when playing someone who's just as good as you.  Also check out this video: "Ultimate Ninja Storm ANBU primer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lsZO7TgKQ

It's pretty impressive how much they go into depth of the combat system, especially the advance stuff (About half way through the video). They had alot of stuff i didn't even realise was possible, like counters for grapples and jutsus etc.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vanek

I suppose playing against a human opponent might motivate you to employ some actual tactics, or even force you.  Right now I'm only in a position to "review" a fight against the CPU, which as you said, is stupid.  One thing I will admit is after watching that video there is definitely more to the combat than I first thought.  I was surprised to see a few neat things being demonstrated that I had never considered trying.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Termite

I do like the anime, but I don't watch it much anymore

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By azteris

Kenzo287 said:

"i can't wait until next year when the dub gets out of this filler crap
    "

You watch the English dub? I can't stand it for Naruto. Some animes it sounds fine, but for Naruto the English voices sound redicilous.

As far as Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'll probably pick it up, but I wish there were more jutsu options. Quick button combos would work, maybe even a preselect of several different beforehand. But more than just your special and your ultimate.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Termite
    Azteris said:
    "

Kenzo287 said:

"

You watch the English dub? I can't stand it for Naruto. Some animes it sounds fine, but for Naruto the English voices sound redicilous.

As far as Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'll probably pick it up, but I wish there were more jutsu options. Quick button combos would work, maybe even a preselect of several different beforehand. But more than just your special and your ultimate.

"
    Yeah, the english dub is pretty terrible
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vanek
    Azteris said:
    "As far as Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'll probably pick it up, but I wish there were more jutsu options. Quick button combos would work, maybe even a preselect of several different beforehand. But more than just your special and your ultimate."

Agreed.  I would like something along the lines of four different jutsu and then an ultimate.

Another thing I noticed was the enviroments, while looking great, were too small.  I like the idea of having more room to run about it, as well as maybe some trees for cover.  It isn't much but I think it would make all the difference to the game.

Oh, and as for the English dub, it's horrible.  I literally cannot stand the voices.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Whisperkill

The anime is horrible, the manga is amazing though, seriously it goes so slow

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vanek

The problem for me isn't that some of them are bad, it's that all of them are bad.  I especially hate Naruto, his voice makes me cringe.

I don't know, it could be because I started watching the Japanese sub for a long time before checking the English dub, but I just think the Japanese voices are much better suited to the characters.  The English voices just come off as half assed and annoying in my opinion. 

buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buyj3llo

I thought the english voices were fine (except rock lee).

Kenzo287 said:

"
    Do yourself a favor and just don't watch those, they're terrible.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Batman
    buyj3llo said:
    "I thought the english voices were fine (except rock lee).

Kenzo287 said:
    "
    Do yourself a favor and just don't watch those, they're terrible.

"
    Yeah, I was watching the American version until they got to the fillers at which point I watched Shippuuden.
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By azteris
    Sanj said:
    "

Hmm, is there any voice in particular people dislike about the dub? I think most of them are alright.

I listen to both voices pretty equally; first english, and then onto japanese. I found Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Gaara, Neji, Shikamaru and Orochimaru's dub voice good IMO. Everyone else was so-so, except for Sakura who just sounds too whiny.

"
    I remember Kakashi in paticular (they're all awful) was one I thought totally destroyed the character.
    ganja_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ganja_dude

NARUTO ROCKS!!

and everybody, dont wach dub. its not good. it is for people who cant read.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By lord_canti

does any one know  if the shuppuden eps are being dubed?

ganja_dude said:

"NARUTO ROCKS!!

and everybody, dont wach dub. its not good. it is for people who cant read."

i can read i read a lot of books and manga but cant wach subs coz im terrably short sighted  and cant see them so i watch the dubs its a pain but i dont mind it i dont think the voices are that bad in naruto i dont see what everyone is against it the only voice that bugs me is jurias (spelt rong lol)
    psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By psr388

the manga is goodness, but the anime is the most worthless piece of shit i've ever had the misfortune of watching

Koopa_kid12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#21  Edited By Koopa_kid12

psr388 said:

"the manga is goodness, but the anime is the most worthless piece of shit i've ever had the misfortune of watching"

Don't you ever dis Naruto in any way shape or form! I will hunt you down, and kick the crap out of you with my Mangyeko Sharingan! Then i'll tell Tsunade you said she was fat and get her on you! Then i'll tell Orochi Maru that you said he was unlike Michael Jackson whatsoever! Muhahahahaha!..... I'll shutup now :D   But btw go to www.anime6.org  using that link! You can watch any anime and rea any manga!

Koopa_kid12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Koopa_kid12

And about the English dub, i don't think it's too bad, Narutos voice could be improved a bit, as could Sakuras, but as for everyone else i think they're ok.....Too bad Gaara sounds like he's doing a crap....

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Otacon

I have so much trouble getting this show in the UK without Sky TV and the like.

Koopa_kid12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koopa_kid12

Why? Do you work for a tv comany or do you just get annoyed how Jetix sucks at getting the show, they have shown about 100 episodes in all the 3 or something years it has been on thet channel.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Otacon

lol No I just can't be bothered to get Sky TV, don't ask why I have a digibox instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.