Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Trial by Fire - The Bugatti Veyron Appreciation Club

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Anybody who knows the IRL specs for this car, knows it's more of a rocketship than anything else - it has that much power. Since its conception, it's been featured in many a game. It was one of my favorite cars in Criterion's last effort - 2010's Hot Pursuit. Oh the Rush! Naturally - I gravitate towards it again...

One of Most Wanted's most common complaints amongst the broader playerbase is, how heavy and inertia-laden the cars handle, and how punitive contact with civilian traffic is. Most Wanted is also a lot more of a driving game, rather than a drifting game - so successfully taming this beast has been harder than ever, but even more rewarding.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Only the most virtuous end up controlling it, to achieve ultimate dominance - and even then, not for long. The Veyron is a king maker, and being king I'd not wish on my worst enemy - yet it's extremely rewarding to ride this beast all the way through a Most Wanted race and not fuck up. It's the ultimate power, and a royal feeling!

How much do you love (or hate?) Most Wanted's Veyron? Do you intend to ride and tame it? To achieve dominance? To be king amongst mere men? Or do you lack the stones? Does the Veyron's power overcome your virtues? Are you lacking in discpline? Foresight? Focus? Control? Precision? Do you lose your cool? Do you get cocky and overstep? Or do you keep your shit together? Fight this thing. Wring it down. Control it. And drive it home?

Time to 'fess up. Or to step up. Be blue blooded men! Unleash and face the Bugatti Veyron.

My Origin gamertag is ExMaloBonum. Hook me up with your Veyron Most Wanted autolog feed for the Top 10 Most Wanted races and the 5 Veyron events. Let's have some friendly asymmetric Veyron rivalries.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Seppli:

What car mods are you using for the Needlepoint race for this car?

The times seem a bit nuts, mostly due to the car controlling like a fucking cannon ball without wheels :P making all those nasty turns on off road slopes is pretty nasty. The car seems to love crashing on geometry during that race with the slightest touch sometimes. And I find that a single fuckup pretty much ensures you don't get a decent time.

It's my nemesis atm :/

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

@Tennmuerti said:

@Seppli:

What car mods are you using for the Needlepoint race for this car?

The times seem a bit nuts, mostly due to the car controlling like a fucking cannon ball without wheels :P making all those nasty turns on off road slopes is pretty nasty. The car seems to love crashing on geometry during that race with the slightest touch sometimes. And I find that a single fuckup pretty much ensures you don't get a decent time.

It's my nemesis atm :/

Lightweight chassis, Aero body, Track tires, Long Transmission - the usual. Have to check the Needlepoint race out though, could be that was something else.

It's all about the touch. Flooring that thing is suicide in many situations. Triggers are analog for a reason.

Really gets the old ticker pumping. Truely a rocketship ready to lift-off at command.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I edge towards the McLaren for both Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, but I love the Veyron in Gran Turismo 5 (which I think isn't even a premium car, if I'm not mistaken).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Seppli:

Hmm, to get aero body you need to gold Needlepoint in the first place :P

Guess i'll keep trying.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Love the dynamic spoiler on that thing. Gonna chuck on the bombcast tomorrow and blast the veyron around the city doing all the collectibles.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Finally did it. The Needle Point race that is, the last thing I had to gold. The amount of times the random trafic fucks me is unholy, I had a cop once ram into me 10 meters off the starting line, head on ...

Still the trick seemed to be in getting the pro versions of some of the mods, that helped a huge amount. Also switched the nitros boost to the short powerful one (forget the name). I allowed me to get above gold with a single fuckup/crash. Not gonna bother retrying later with pro track tyres and an aero body and a pro burst nitro (which i did not have), tho my guess is they could cut the time by a bunch more.

On the flipside I think i hate the car now, it handles like a fucking whale. A rocket powered fastest ride there is whale. Too much power not enough control, at least for someone like me who is new to racing games (this is my second one basically)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

@Tennmuerti said:

Finally did it. The Needle Point race that is, the last thing I had to gold. The amount of times the random trafic fucks me is unholy, I had a cop once ram into me 10 meters off the starting line, head on ...

Still the trick seemed to be in getting the pro versions of some of the mods, that helped a huge amount. Also switched the nitros boost to the short powerful one (forget the name). I allowed me to get above gold with a single fuckup/crash. Not gonna bother retrying later with pro track tyres and an aero body and a pro burst nitro (which i did not have), tho my guess is they could cut the time by a bunch more.

On the flipside I think i hate the car now, it handles like a fucking whale. A rocket powered fastest ride there is whale. Too much power not enough control, at least for someone like me who is new to racing games (this is my second one basically)

Buff up your ride with reinforced chassis and impact protection body and go on a cop hunt. A heavy weight it surely is, but that'll also come in super handy for some car on cop violence. You'll like it for it - guaranteed.

It doesn't handle like a whale at all. It just won't steer when it doesn't have traction. So when you're in the air, or breaking, it won't do diddly squat when you steer. It'll steer just fine - better than most cars in the game actually - when you are not going too fast, not being airbound, and not breaking - at the time you are giving your steering command.

Long story short, when you're going too fast, you'll frequently find yourself in circumstances that prevent your steering input to translate in clean cornerning, and due to the extreme speeds, you'll likely crash and burn, or take off into outer space - and it's very easy to go too fast with a Bugatti Veyron. With the Veyron it's kinda like things are for the Hulk and Superman. Those two usually have to hold back - but every now and then - they get to hulk the fuck out, fighting Darkseid or something.

With Most Wanted's Veyron, flooring the accelerator (& nitrous) is like pulling the trigger of a gun. Just aim it down a safe corridor, and you'll be golden. Immensely satisfying.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Seppli:

Hmm I think you hit the nail on the head with regards to speed. Air, breaking and all that traction jazz I'm fine with, it applies to the other cars as well and I understand the principle and practice. But now that you mention it a lot of the time I just feel like Veyron is out of control is at high speeds, 180-200+ mph and it becomes much harder to control. it reaches those speeds fast and I'm unused to that, the closest parallel were the Lamborgini's but they took longer to get there and that's why I did not notice it as much, altho again now that it is brought up they were just as unwieldy at highest speeds. I'm too used to flooring that accelerator when not on turns.

I will give it a try tomorrow just cruising around and doing other races, but I think i will probably switch to short gear for Veyron; at my current skill level it will probably be more my speed (terrible pun totally intended)

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mirado

@Seppli: Non-simulation driving physics aside, NFS:MW actually did a pretty good job modeling the feel of a real life Veyron, but the wrong one, as it handles more like the original Veyron vs the Super Sport; it's quite heavy for all the acceleration it delivers, and it put up a lap time reflecting that on Top Gear's track, whereas the Super Sport blitzed around as intended.

I'm not sure that's what they intended to do, but the end result feels halfway close to reality. Closer than most of the other cars, at least.

TubbyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TubbyBoy

I love the 'Bug' in Most Wanted, and the McLaren would be a close second... Until the Pro Track Tires are available, it's a pretty slippery ride, I spent a lot of time sliding.

andr3wpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By andr3wpr

I love the game since unlocking the Veyron, I can outrun the cops now. Stunning driving machine :-)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @andr3wpr said:

I love the game since unlocking the Veyron, I can outrun the cops now. Stunning driving machine :-)

Pro tip, cops are shit at jumps. You can lose them even in the slowest of cars, if you know where lots of jumps are. And yes - the Veyron is amazing in Most Wanted.

Try and get the cops to lvl 6 heat for 40k+ Speedpoints. It's an incredible joy to toy with them at will. The Veyron is a veritable copkiller. Btw. it has an own highscore board for fucking with cops. I'm currently up top with 68k. Would love a reason to push the limits some more.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671

Maybe I should try it.  I haven't found a car that I'm all that happy with yet

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli
    @Spoonman671 said:
    Maybe I should try it.  I haven't found a car that I'm all that happy with yet
    As long as you can keep it from lifting off into outer space, because you let loose too much, and hit escape velocity - you'll have a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.