New Rally-X is effectively an update to Rally-X, released only months after the latter's original release and intended to be swapped into existing arcade cabinets by operators. Given that time frame, New Rally-X is more of a rebalance than an new game.
Much of what is described in our own Rally-X page applies here, with the following changes:
- The number of enemy cars per round starts smaller and scales more steadily per round than the original release.
- The minimap shows the location of the S-Flag.
- There is an additional Lucky Flag that provided bonus points based on the amount of fuel left upon the player finding it.
- A second extra life is rewarded at 80,000 points instead of 100,000.
- New background music.
- Adjusted visual palette and sprites for vehicles.
New Rally-X has been compiled or included in the following titles:
A remixed version, "New Rally-X Arrangement", was included in Namco Museum Battle Collection.