Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 09

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 10, 2008

NHL 09 adds major improvements to the franchise, such as the defense skill stick and the highly praised Be A Pro Mode, to make this sports game one of the best of 2008.

NHL 94 Control Scheme!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hello!

Well I decided to check the demo out, I'll happily admit I don't watch much if any NHL and I couldn't tell you who one player is to the other. So its great credit to EA Sports that I really enjoyed it. Mainly because of the NHL 94 Control Scheme. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is a whole lot more challenge from the Right Analog Stick system which is found in the game by default but I always loved NHL 94 on my Sega Megadrive. Now I'm not sure if this Control Scheme as been in any of the recent past NHL games but its great to see it in there.

For me it wasn't about the teams or the players as I didn't hardly know any of them. But it was still a blast to play and I spent a lot of hours playing it. Nice to also see Be A Pro mode in there, its a fantastic new mode that I have loved since FIFA 08 introduced it. Its great credit to EA Sports that I might consider buying a game which I don't watch a great deal of. With FIFA 09 looking like its going to be great, sounds to me like there pulling up their trousers and improving their games finally.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

The NHL '94 control scheme is new to this version of the game and I think it was a great idea. NHL 08 and now 09 have gone with a more sim-like set of controls (which I love), but giving players this option really opens up the game. I think that this basically makes NHL 09 fun for anyone who has a slight interest in hockey games.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Monopolized

NHL 94 was in NHL 08

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I dont watch much NHL either because we dont get much of it aired locally so I dont know a lot about current players and detailed rules of the game etc. But I love playing a good ice hockey game and anything that makes it easier for a casual fan of the sport to pick up and enjoy is Ok in my book.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.